Privacy Policy Update

If you want to know something or have a problem, look here first

Moderator: The Kurators

The Kaptain
Site Admin

Privacy Policy Update

Post by The Kaptain » Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:25 pm

image.jpeg
The current Data Protect Act will be superseded in May by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which will apply to all information that is held online. I have therefore updated the HiFi Kabins Privacy Policy to reflect this. You can read them by clicking the following link app.php/privacypolicy/policy

In around a months time I will be activating an extension that will log you out of the forum and require you to accept these conditions before you can log in and post. New members will also have to accept the Privacy Policy before they can register.

If you have any questions, please ask them here.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The man with the big stick

The Kaptain
Site Admin

Re: Privacy Policy Update

Post by The Kaptain » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:33 pm

Update on the update. Shortly I will be installing a brand new extension that will require all members both existing and new to accept the GDPR. Once this has been activated, all members will be logged out of the forum and you will have to accept these conditions to log in again.
General Data Protection Regulation - 2018 (GDPR)

To comply with the GDPR you need to be made aware that your “HiFi Kabin” account will, at a bare minimum, contain a uniquely identifiable name (hereinafter “your user name”), a personal password used for logging into your account (hereinafter “your password”) and a personal, valid email address (hereinafter “your email”). Your information for your account at “HiFi Kabin” is protected by data-protection laws applicable in the country that hosts us. Any information beyond your user name, your password, and your email address required by “HiFi Kabin” during the registration process is either mandatory or optional, at the discretion of “HiFi Kabin”. In all cases, you have the option of what information in your account is publicly displayed. Furthermore, within your account, you have the option to opt-in or opt-out of automatically generated emails.

Furthermore we will store all of the IP address that you use to post with. Depending on your preferences “HiFi Kabin” may send you emails to the email address that you used when you registered, or you have subsequently changed, but you are able to change these preferences from your User Control Panel (UCP) at any time should you wish to stop receiving them.

The personal details that you gave us when you signed up will be used solely for the purposes of “HiFi Kabin” board functionality. They will not be used for anything else and neither will they be passed on to any third party without your explicit consent. You can check, at any time, the personal details “HiFi Kabin” is holding about you from the Profile section of your UCP.

The only other information about you is that which you decide to post in the fora, whereupon it is considered to be “publicly available” as it will have been indexed by search engines as well as on-line archive sites.

The Kaptain
Site Admin

Post by The Kaptain » Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:58 pm

I have now fully activated the GDPR extension which is why you have been logged and and had to accept Cookies and the GDPR terms.

Unless the terms are updated in the future you should not have to do this again.

Coyote Jim
Site Moderator

Post by Coyote Jim » Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:34 pm

image.jpeg
All working fine Kaptain. :smt023
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Cymbiosis"
LP12,Cirkus,K-Radikal,Urika,Keel,Linn mat,Ekos SE/1,Kandid,Majik I Dynamik,Majik CD,
Kudos X3,Quadraspire Q4 EVO, Linn Silvers & K200 Black with Linn Knekt Bananas. 8) :smt023

The Kaptain
Site Admin

Post by The Kaptain » Mon May 14, 2018 7:10 pm

Just to let you all know that the author of the Privacy Policy Extension has released a new version that requires a complete reinstall.

What this means is that your acceptance of the Privacy Policy will be deleted from the database and you will have to re accept before you will be allowed to log in and post.

I will enable this new extension sometime over next weekend.

Many apologies for the inconvenience.

The Kaptain
Site Admin

Post by The Kaptain » Sat May 19, 2018 8:12 am

I have now activated the new extension, and to have read this as a logged on member you must have accepted the GDPR. Unless I update the GDPR again this should be the last time you will need to do this.

I know its a pain, but thats EU rules for you

HiFi Kabin : Disclaimer