New member and can't log on?

If you want to know something or have a problem, look here first

Moderator: The Kurators

The Kaptain
Site Admin

New member and can't log on?

Post by The Kaptain » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:20 pm

Several of our newest members have reported that they can not log on. Should this be the case please check your SPAM folder for the email with the conformation link that you need to click to confirm that your email address is genuine.

If you can not find the email, please use the 'Contact Us' link at the foot of the HiFi Kabin to contact me. If the email you contact me from is the same as the email you used to register I will activate your account for you.
The man with the big stick

Craig Lang
Banned

Re: New member and can't log on?

Post by Craig Lang » Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:25 am

They are most likely not clicking on accept cookies at the top of the page before they try and log in.
If you don't do that first log in won't work.
Sometimes you can't log out also until you click on eccept again.
It's a pain.

This board uses cookies to give you the best and most relevant experience. To use this board this means that you need accept the policy.
You can find out more about the cookies used by clicking the "Cookie policy" on the main page or the link below.
[ I accept ]

The Kaptain
Site Admin

Post by The Kaptain » Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:33 am

No one can join the forum without accepting cookies, so its not that causing this issue. This is members who have joined but not confirmed their membership using the email the software sends.

I know the Cookie Law and GDPR are a pain, but blame the EU not me. (This is not the topic to discuss these issues. Please use the Forum Pub)

Billz

Post by Billz » Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:54 pm

I had this problem. I tried to set up a new account and as soon as I clicked submit, I received a message telling me that BOTH the username and email address were already in use. I tried it twice with different usernames and email addresses and the exact same happened. I have check spam and junk on both accounts and never received any email from the forum.

Thankfully a direct email to the Kaptain sorted out the problem although I will have an unactivated account somewhere.

Bill.

Coyote Jim
Site Moderator

Post by Coyote Jim » Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:57 pm

Billz wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:54 pm
I had this problem. I tried to set up a new account and as soon as I clicked submit, I received a message telling me that BOTH the username and email address were already in use. I tried it twice with different usernames and email addresses and the exact same happened. I have check spam and junk on both accounts and never received any email from the forum.

Thankfully a direct email to the Kaptain sorted out the problem although I will have an unactivated account somewhere.

Bill.

Welcome to the Forum.
Had to put new batteries in the doorbell.
All sorted and leave the housekeeping to us.
Have a go at the introductions thread and tell us a story.
8) :smt023
"Cymbiosis"
Klimax LP12 & more Linn & Kudos 8) :smt023
Coyote Jim :wink:

The Kaptain
Site Admin

Post by The Kaptain » Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:05 pm

Addendum:- New members will have found that once they submit the registration page, the screen goes blank. There is an error in the software that is eluding me at present do not worry, your registration has been successful and you can log on with your username and password you have created.

The Kaptain
Site Admin

Post by The Kaptain » Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:44 pm

OK< I have enabled a workround that while is not perfect shows the GDPR notice as well as showing the completed page once registration has been completed.

Apologies for the problems.

HiFi Kabin : Disclaimer