Tigerpaw Tranquility

Everything relating to the ol' fruit box

Moderator: The Kurators

Mr Onion
Site Moderator

Re: Tigerpaw Tranquility

Post by Mr Onion » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:48 am

Now playing

Black stuff. First playing since I have been tranquilised. It s at least a magnitude better than it was. The 'surface noise' that I couldn't remove has now totally vanished.
James

Fluted Afro LP12, Khan, Kore, Cirkus, Tranquillity, Trampolin2, Radikal (with Allium Skin Mods), EKOS SE/1, sKale, DVXX-2mkII, HoL Mat

Lots of black boxes connected with bits of damp string.

Wenge1

Post by Wenge1 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:26 pm

Mr Onion wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:48 am
Now playing

Black stuff. First playing since I have been tranquilised. It s at least a magnitude better than it was. The 'surface noise' that I couldn't remove has now totally vanished.

You have reminded me that I have not played that great album since my LP12's "Tranquilisation". I shall give it a spin sometime today ........ :smt023
Harban 'Wenge' Cymbiosis Signature LP12, Klimax Radikal / Urika, Karmen, Tranquility, Rubikon, Ekos SE, Skale, Krystal. Sarum Super Array IC's. Chord Signature speaker cable

dCS Puccini CD Player

KK/1(D), Klimax Twin (D), ProAc Response D2's

FangfossFlyer

Post by FangfossFlyer » Mon May 08, 2017 7:18 pm

Bob Dylan and the Tranquility

This a bit of way off field and potentially a controversial set of observations and thoughts following my recent long weekend with the Tranquility and then seeing Bob Dylan.

I really liked and am enthusiastic about the Tranquility in terms of improved clarity, positioning whilst maintaining an engaging musical presentation etc. Although when reverting to without it I definitely found my system still very engaging and, no surprise here, with a groove, or ‘furrow’ as I call it, that I have been building, or ‘ploughing’, over the decades.

A bit of context: Since way back when I have been going to concerts and love that live music vibe, excitement, engagement and contact with the artist. I have been building my system and ploughing my furrow over the decades to come as close to that live vibe as I can. This has been my yardstick. I should also add that I have experienced recording studios and their sound but that was a long time ago and pre the digital era!

Now the off field bit: The other weekend I was lucky enough to see Bob Dylan at The London Palladium and had a seat in row 3 of the stalls. As a result I had a great view of Bob and his band and so much so that I could almost be part of the performance. Bob and his band were on great form giving one of his best gigs that I have seem for some 10 years (I have been going to his gigs since the 70’s and seen him many times). The sound quality was really good where I was sat and Bob was obviously enjoying himself at this intimate and famous venue (he has never played The Palladium before this tour and was apparently looking forward to it). Well, when I was sat there it dawned on me that the sound stage was full and broad and not necessarily clear, precise and positioned. In fact, in a very very small way, my system was in a similar vibe.

Then when I got home to my system and playing a range of LPs I began to think that maybe the Tranquility reproduces a more precise studio sound as put down by the mixing and recording engineer which offers great insight and precision. Whereas, without it is less perfect but as a result becomes less dry and has more of that live vibe? Gibberish I can hear some of you say, you could be right and I am way off or deluded!!

So, when I see Dylan again this Tuesday at London Wembley Arena I know the experience will be different as it is a large stadium and whilst I am in row 13 it will lose a lot of that intimacy. But I suspect I will be listening not only to the live performance and sound stage but also wondering if my system comes anyway closer to the performance with or without the Tranquility.

In a strange way I am perhaps saying that maybe the Tranquility is retrieving more out of the recording without losing the music whereas without it there is something being added by the architecture and design of the LP12 (you could call this the LP12 sonic footprint or even corruption!) which is something I also like and that has been a key component of the furrow I have been ploughing?

If you get my drift or furrow!?!

:shock:
"When the music's over, Turn out the lights"
Linn LP12-Naim-B&W

BevC

Post by BevC » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:41 pm

image.jpeg
Thanks to Roger and Peter our LP12 with early Cirkus now has its own Tranquility fitted. It really is stunning. We are both very grateful for Roger's skills and Peter's expertise to make this possible. :smt023 There is a lovely photo of our deck on the Show Us Your LP12 thread on the other forum.
Moderator edit
Hope you don't mind I've rescued an image and included it here.

Edited by The Kurators
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

evil_C

Post by evil_C » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:35 pm

BevC wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:41 pm
Thanks to Roger and Peter our LP12 with early Cirkus now has its own Tranquility fitted. It really is stunning. We are both very grateful for Roger's skills and Peter's expertise to make this possible. :smt023 There is a lovely photo of our deck on the Show Us Your LP12 thread on the other forum.

Complete with Aromatic too. Now that's something I've not seen for years.

The Flatearther

Post by The Flatearther » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:47 pm

Had a Tranquility fitted by Roger himself Saturday evening following the social at James. Wow, wow, wow!

Wenge1

Post by Wenge1 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:31 pm

The Flatearther wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:47 pm
Had a Tranquility fitted by Roger himself Saturday evening following the social at James. Wow, wow, wow!

Yeah, make him work for his money ........... :smt005

Enjoy your new upgrade Steve, I know I did .......... :smt023
Harban 'Wenge' Cymbiosis Signature LP12, Klimax Radikal / Urika, Karmen, Tranquility, Rubikon, Ekos SE, Skale, Krystal. Sarum Super Array IC's. Chord Signature speaker cable

dCS Puccini CD Player

KK/1(D), Klimax Twin (D), ProAc Response D2's

HiFi Kabin : Disclaimer