LD100

Re: LINN Krystal cleaning advice

Post by LD100 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:09 pm

Red Chris wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:01 am
Derosa wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:05 pm
Two complimentary methods of cleaning
I know that Mr Fixit will provide the green paper but how do I get the free ultrasonic stylus cleaner? :D

A letter to Santa??? :o :shock: :D
Original 1978 Fluted Afromosia LP12, Ekos 2, Lyra Kleos SL and lots of other stuff from the 70's that still work fine.

Derosa

Post by Derosa » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:15 pm

Evening all
I have now sent 4 emails to armour regarding cleaning the Krystal to ensure no blame will be laid at my door this time :smt018
“Armour have also already investigated these failures and attributed them to the overuse of wet cleaning, not material flaws or anything else”
The reason I want an answer from armour and NOT just linn is as David W said
“I have to admit I was unaware there was an issue with the Krystal or Adikt,
However it is Armour that make the Krystal, and therefore their advice we should listen too. “

Well I am trying to listen to them but 12 days after my first email the silence is deafening
I will send an email again to the linn helpline to see if they can get a response :smt017
Tony

Coyote Jim
Site Moderator

Post by Coyote Jim » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:43 pm

Derosa wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:15 pm
Well I am trying to listen to them but 12 days after my first email the silence is deafening
I will send an email again to the linn helpline to see if they can get a response :smt017
Tony

Hi Tony,
Everything will fall on deaf ears the responsibility is with the brand not their supplier it would be the same for an electronic circuit failure would they expect you to chase the component manufacturer.? :smt017
"Cymbiosis"
LP12,Cirkus,Radikal,Urika,Keel,Linn mat,Ekos SE/1,Krystal,Majik I Dynamik,Majik CD,
Kudos X3,Quadraspire Q4 EVO Rack,Vulkan Board Naim Cups & Balls, Linn Silvers & K200 Black with Linn Knekt Bananas. 8) :smt023

Derosa

Post by Derosa » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:21 pm

Hi Jim
That is the norm in everything else I have bought and yet David W makes it quite clear that

“However it is Armour that make the Krystal, and therefore their advice we should listen too. “
It appears that with that comment linn have removed themselves from all responsibility as they did not put clear instructions in with the cartridge
That’s why I have been blamed not for using a wet cleaner but “overuse” then on the other hand they say no wet cleaners can be used
Keep spinning us round in circles and eventually we go away after all out of 1200 Krystal only 2 have corroded :smt017

Derosa

Post by Derosa » Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:01 am

And the reply was :smt017

Hi Tony,

Thank you for your e-mail.

I believe David Williamson has already spoken with them and he has posted their advice on the forum, in the link I have sent you previously.

Best Regards

Colin
Customer Support
Linn Products Limited
:smt036 :smt030

HiFi Kabin : Disclaimer