The HiFi Kabin has been optimised for Firefox, the fast and secure web browser. : Download Firefox

Red Button LP12/FR12 arm

Everything relating to the ol' fruit box

Moderator: The Kurators

Natara

Red Button LP12/FR12 arm

Post by Natara » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:05 am

Hi
I haven't posted for a while here on Hifi Kabin and so apologise for diving right in with a question.
I bought the deck below for £515 for a second system I'm building with an Olive 102/180 amp and am interested to hear your thoughts on the arm and the old 'Red Button' Sondek?
Also any advice on cleaning up the little 'ricks' on the corners caused by the lid?Image

LP12/cirkus/lingo/ittok/Dynavector 20x2L, Trichord Dino/NCPSU/Liv Zen/Chord 2Qute/282/300/Dual TedddyCap/Chord Crimson/Nac A5/ Dynaudio Contour s3.4
2nd system 1978 LP12/FR12/Dynavector 20x2L/Olive 102/180/Dual Teddy Cap.

Coyote Jim
Site Moderator

Re: Red Button LP12/FR12 arm

Post by Coyote Jim » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:49 am

It's an interesting old retro talking piece but sonically it will have had its heyday a long time ago.
There is probably nothing on it that is anywhere near current so in that respect its a quite tidy looking example.
It could be of interest to those who want to sample old school LP12 against newer versions.
As for the dinks on the plinth I think in all fairness not to spend a fortune then a wood stain closely matching will make the marks much less noticeable.
It could get very expensive to fill and re shape the corners.
I imagine this is an as is example and your not thinking of doing an extensive rebuild or upgrade programme.
Personally it looks more authentic as it is.
8) :smt023
"Cymbiosis"
Klimax LP12 & more Linn & Kudos 8) :smt023
Coyote Jim :wink:

Mr Onion
Site Moderator

Re: Red Button LP12/FR12 arm

Post by Mr Onion » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:18 pm

New belt and setup

Then enjoy it as is. Anything else is pointless IMHO.

Should sound great with a 102/180
James

Fluted Afro LP12, Khan, KEEL, Cirkus, Tranquillity, Urika, Radikal (with Allium Skin Mods), EKOS SE/1, sKale, DVXX-2mkII, HoL Mat

Lots of black boxes connected with bits of damp string.

HiFi Kabin : Disclaimer