Everything relating to the ol' fruit box

Moderator: The Kurators

Coyote Jim
Site Moderator

Re: Bloody Marvellous

Post by Coyote Jim » Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:55 pm

image.jpeg
Don't get in a lather it'll be allbright. :smt018
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Cymbiosis"
Analogue Klimax LP12, Linn CD, Analogue Linn Amp, Kudos Speakers. 8) :smt023
Coyote Jim :wink:

evil_C

Post by evil_C » Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:02 pm

Adam,
I use Lyra SPT on the AT637. I use just one drop and let it soak into the pad and then rest the stylus on it for 10 seconds or so. That has been my solution ever since your initial cantilever failure. Doing it this way there is no risk of fluid coming into contact with the cantilever. Also I reckon that mine is now so far out of warranty that it’s in for a penny, in for several hundred pounds.

Mr Fixit
Trade Member

Post by Mr Fixit » Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:03 pm

First time on the Kabin for weeks :( - Glad you have got it pretty much sorted Adam.

Evil C's approach is pragmatic and very effective but otherwise sick to careful use of the Green Paper.

Kind regards,

Peter
Email: peter@cymbiosis.com
Web: http://www.cymbiosis.com

Wenge1
Queue Moderator

Post by Wenge1 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:21 pm

Mr Fixit wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:03 pm
First time on the Kabin for weeks :( - Glad you have got it pretty much sorted Adam.

Evil C's approach is pragmatic and very effective but otherwise sick to careful use of the Green Paper.

Kind regards,

Peter

Thanks for your input Peter ......... :smt023
Harban 'Wenge' Cymbiosis Signature LP12, Klimax Radikal / Urika, Karmen, Tranquility, Rubikon, Ekos SE, Skale, Krystal. Sarum Super Array IC's. Chord Signature speaker cable

dCS Puccini CD Player

KK/1(D), Klimax Twin (D), ProAc Response D2's

Derosa

Post by Derosa » Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:24 pm

Hi Adam
Sorry to hear about your heart stopping moment :shock: I was just about to post that my 2nd Krystal has just hit the 300 hour mark the point at which my first one disintegrated :smt013
I have to say that this one has been fantastic so far especially with the addition of the urika! (I am so glad I didn’t cut off my nose ..... )
All I have used on mine is an occasional scrape with green paper while using an illuminated magnifier and now and again a gentle brush with a carbon stylus brush with the volume on low and all has been fine
All the best
Tony
Walnut LP12 Keell Ekos SE/1 Krystal Urika Radikal
TP Tranquility and Skale
Avondale grad 1 Tpx2 M2 monos biamping neat Momentum 3i all supported by mana :smt020

Wenge1
Queue Moderator

Post by Wenge1 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:34 pm

Derosa wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:24 pm
Hi Adam
Sorry to hear about your heart stopping moment :shock: I was just about to post that my 2nd Krystal has just hit the 300 hour mark the point at which my first one disintegrated :smt013
I have to say that this one has been fantastic so far especially with the addition of the urika! (I am so glad I didn’t cut off my nose ..... )
All I have used on mine is an occasional scrape with green paper while using an illuminated magnifier and now and again a gentle brush with a carbon stylus brush with the volume on low and all has been fine
All the best
Tony

Yep. SQ is very good when the stylus is kept clean ............. :roll: ............ I will just have to be more conscience on this front ......... at least it's now very clean ......... :smt023

My Krystal (2nd ............ :shock: ) is now up to 350 hrs. So pretty similar hours as yours Tony ........ :smt020
Harban 'Wenge' Cymbiosis Signature LP12, Klimax Radikal / Urika, Karmen, Tranquility, Rubikon, Ekos SE, Skale, Krystal. Sarum Super Array IC's. Chord Signature speaker cable

dCS Puccini CD Player

Derosa

Post by Derosa » Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:04 pm

Hi Adam
What did you do to restore its sparkle ?
Thanks Tony
TP Tranquility and Skale
Avondale grad 1 Tpx2 M2 monos biamping neat Momentum 3i all supported by mana :smt020

Wenge1
Queue Moderator

Post by Wenge1 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:16 pm

Derosa wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:04 pm
Hi Adam
What did you do to restore its sparkle ?
Thanks Tony

Hiya Tony,

Some brushing with a carbon fibre brush (the one CJ uses), short bursts on the AT 637 (I did not have to use the Lyra fluid - I would have done if I had not got it clean) and a couple of goes with Vinyl Passion dust buster.

Now that it is clean, it is just regular 'strokes' with the carbon fibre brush ........... :smt023

dCS Puccini CD Player

Derosa

Post by Derosa » Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:20 pm

Hi Adam
Thanks for your reply
Linn actually do recommend the AT637 but I have been too nervous to try it :smt009
However from now on it will get occasionally dry use
Many thanks
Tony
TP Tranquility and Skale

Gregg A.

Post by Gregg A. » Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:31 pm

I have Flux Hifi Sonic:

https://www.flux-hifi.de/flux-sonic/

I wonder has anyone used it dry with Krystal?

HiFi Kabin : Disclaimer