Tiger Paw Stratos and Tangerine Stiletto

Everything relating to the ol' fruit box

Moderator: The Kurators

Coyote Jim
Site Moderator

Re: Tiger Paw Stratos and Tangerine Stiletto

Post by Coyote Jim » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:05 pm

Just when I thought my LP12 upgrading had finished.
It has. 8) :smt023
Great write up and as is always the case you've listened and felt it worthwhile to invest.
All that really matters is that you are getting the enjoyment and like most things at this level if the dealer and manufacturer get it together then it's the way forward and hope you really enjoy.
8) :smt023
"Cymbiosis"
Klimax LP12, Linn CD, Linn Amp, Kudos Speakers.
Coyote Jim :wink:

Red Chris

Post by Red Chris » Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:04 pm

Hi Vincent - Some excellent posts in a very compelling read. I’m sure you will thoroughly enjoy your Stratos.
Cymbiosis Tangerine LP12 Klimax Radikal/Chord Sarum T, Keel/A, Tranquility, Urika/Chord Sarum T, Aro, sKale, Lyra Kleos SL - Sondek owner since 1982 - the rest is Naim, Chord and Kudos 8)

Red Chris

Post by Red Chris » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:32 am

vincent wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:29 pm
I conclude by urging that we spare a thought for the dealers and third-party designers/manufacturers faced with marketing and demonstrating this type of equipment to such a relatively small group of potential customers. They/we wouldn't be doing it were it not for the love of music
Hi Vincent - could you give us an update on living with the Stratos, and let us know in what ways it has influenced your listening please?
Cymbiosis Tangerine LP12 Klimax Radikal/Chord Sarum T, Keel/A, Tranquility, Urika/Chord Sarum T, Aro, sKale, Lyra Kleos SL - Sondek owner since 1982 - the rest is Naim, Chord and Kudos 8)

vincent

Post by vincent » Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:03 pm

Red Chris wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:32 am
Hi Vincent - could you give us an update on living with the Stratos, and let us know in what ways it has influenced your listening please?
Sorry Chris, I missed this post (you were the last previous poster and I assumed that was the latest).

In answer to your question, after some 8 months I'm very pleased with the Stratos, which has great synergy with the Kleos SL. Of course it looks fabulous and the quality of the engineering inspires confidence, though I've stopped thinking about what the plinth specifically contributes to the overall sound.

Whether and how 'it' has 'influenced my listening' is difficult to say. I'm certainly playing more LPs than ever, and enjoying a wider range of music. Also hitherto marginal recordings have become more enjoyable. On the rare occasions I do an A/B comparison between DS and LP12 with the same recording, vinyl is invariably better by some distance (but then it has been for a while in my system).

My most recent experience of this is with Norah Jones 'The Fall' which has always sounded fabulous on DS, and provided a quality benchmark. But the Analogue Productions pressing I've just acquired is somehow more engaging. (Time and again I've listened to a recording on DS, even 24 bit, and thought 'it can't get much better than this', only to conclude that the LP is better in some difficult-to-define sense).

If you can get your own LP12 built into a Stratos to dem at home, I'd be surprised if you did not want to keep it. It's not straightforward but I'm sure possible via Peter and Roger. But of course it's even more complicated if you're still considering the TA. One way or another I think you're going to have to investigate!

Red Chris

Post by Red Chris » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:28 pm

Thanks Peter - it looks great. :smt023

HiFi Kabin : Disclaimer