33%

Total votes: 15

Coyote Jim
Site Moderator

Re: Radikal Reset

Post by Coyote Jim »

Dr_Eddie wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:40 pm
I'll be back with the results in due course. Thanks for the swift reply Jim.
Most welcome and nice to see you posting.
I honestly think its one of those resets that's good every six months or annually for best results.
8) :smt023
Turntable - LP12, Cirkus, Keel, Ekos SE/1, Kandid, K-Radikal, Urika.
Amplifier - Linn Majik I Integrated Dynamik.
CD Player - Linn Majik CD.
Speakers - Kudos X3.
Cables - Linn Silvers & K200 Black.
Support - Target TT4.

Mr Onion
Site Moderator

Post by Mr Onion »

Coyote Jim wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:50 pm
I honestly think its one of those resets that's good every six months or annually for best results.
8) :smt023
... which reminds me that its probably time to do it again
James

Fluted Afro LP12, Khan, KEEL, Cirkus, Tranquillity, Urika, Radikal (with Allium Skin Mods), EKOS SE/1, sKale, DVXX-2mkII
Consonance Ref 2.2 Linear (upgraded) with Marigo Lab Aida CD Mat
NACish 72, NAPish 250, Kudos Super 20's

Wenge1
Queue Moderator

Post by Wenge1 »

There is no button labelled function on my Radikal - do you mean the button that mutes when pushed in ....... :smt023
LP12 - Klimax Radikal/Urika, Karmen, Tranquility, Rubikon, Ekos SE, Skale, Kandid
CD Player - dCS Puccini CD Player + Scarlatti Master Clock
Amps - KK/1(D), Klimax Twin (D)
Speakers - ProAc Response D2's
Cables - Chord Sarum Super Arrays + Chord Signature speaker cable

Coyote Jim
Site Moderator

Post by Coyote Jim »

Wenge1 wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:48 am
There is no button labelled function on my Radikal - do you mean the button that mutes when pushed in ....... :smt023
Yes Adam it's the one you would use if not in lingo mode.
Lingo and mute just repeat press until the deck lights come on then switch off and back on.
At the Radikal power switch no need to touch the deck button. 8) :smt023
At the risk of repeating myself first post in topic with pictures.
Coyote Jim @ Radikal Reset :smt052
Turntable - LP12, Cirkus, Keel, Ekos SE/1, Kandid, K-Radikal, Urika.
Amplifier - Linn Majik I Integrated Dynamik.
CD Player - Linn Majik CD.
Speakers - Kudos X3.
Cables - Linn Silvers & K200 Black.
Support - Target TT4.

Dr_Eddie

Post by Dr_Eddie »

I finally got around to doing this. Since it is the first time I've done this since the deck was rebuilt with Stiletto about 2 years ago, it was probably worth doing. Before I did this I timed the time it took before the deck stabilised with the red led dimming.
On 33 rpm this measured fairly consistently at 16 seconds, with 45 rpm it was nearer to 19 seconds. I listened to a cross section of music programme before doing the reset.

The reset itself itself was very simple and easy. Power switch to the K-Radikal was switched on, then off, then on again.
The function/soft mute button was pressed two, maybe 3 times in quick succession whereupon both red and green leds on the deck illuminated. The deck did not rotate, and the two leds remained illuminated until I switched the main power switch off. Then powered up again and engaged the deck at 33 rpm. It took nearly a minute and a half for the red led to dim. When it did I then timed the speed to dim again. This time it was about 9 seconds to dim. This represents a big improvement in speed stabilisation, down from 16 seconds to 9. 45 rpm showed a smaller improvement of about 2 seconds , down to about 17 seconds. I will check again soon.
Sound quality improved by a noticeable margin, the music gaining in an architectural grip on dynamics and resolution. For zilch effort, definitely worth doing on a regular basis.
Linn/Naim Lover

dan steel
Queue Moderator

Post by dan steel »

Dr_Eddie wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:19 pm
I finally got around to doing this. Since it is the first time I've done this since the deck was rebuilt with Stiletto about 2 years ago, it was probably worth doing. Before I did this I timed the time it took before the deck stabilised with the red led dimming.
On 33 rpm this measured fairly consistently at 16 seconds, with 45 rpm it was nearer to 19 seconds. I listened to a cross section of music programme before doing the reset.

The reset itself itself was very simple and easy. Power switch to the K-Radikal was switched on, then off, then on again.
The function/soft mute button was pressed two, maybe 3 times in quick succession whereupon both red and green leds on the deck illuminated. The deck did not rotate, and the two leds remained illuminated until I switched the main power switch off. Then powered up again and engaged the deck at 33 rpm. It took nearly a minute and a half for the red led to dim. When it did I then timed the speed to dim again. This time it was about 9 seconds to dim. This represents a big improvement in speed stabilisation, down from 16 seconds to 9. 45 rpm showed a smaller improvement of about 2 seconds , down to about 17 seconds. I will check again soon.
Sound quality improved by a noticeable margin, the music gaining in an architectural grip on dynamics and resolution. For zilch effort, definitely worth doing on a regular basis.
Great result Dr I haven’t had my Rad very long but I will get around to doing mine. :smt023
LINN - LP12 - Radikal - Urika - Keel - Cirkus - Ekos 2 - Kandid - Collaro Audio mat
NAIM - CD5si - Nac 282, HiCap DR, Napsc - Nap 200 DR - Headline, Napsc
KUDOS X3 speakers
CHORD Odyssey cable
DIY rack.

HiFi Kabin : Disclaimer