Linn Releases Krystal To Replace The Klyde

Everything relating to the ol' fruit box

Moderator: The Kurators

evil_C

Re: Linn Releases Krystal To Replace The Klyde

Post by evil_C » Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:52 pm

Wenge1 wrote:.

Great to have Jim join me in the Krystal Klub ... :smt023 ... Stu's next and there loads more space so cmon guys, who will take the plunge after Stu ... 8)

I hope to be joining the Krystal Klub as soon as Peter receives his delivery of Keel/As. Also need to replace my (just) 9-month old walnut plinth which met with the edge of a record over the Christmas/New Year holiday. xss14

Regards,
Clive

Wenge1
Queue Moderator

Post by Wenge1 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:30 pm

evil_C wrote:

Great to have Jim join me in the Krystal Klub ... :smt023 ... Stu's next and there loads more space so cmon guys, who will take the plunge after Stu ... 8)

I hope to be joining the Krystal Klub as soon as Peter receives his delivery of Keel/As. Also need to replace my (just) 9-month old walnut plinth which met with the edge of a record over the Christmas/New Year holiday. xss14

Regards,
Clive

Ooooppps indeed, mind you, I have a small 'ding' on my Wenge plinth caused in the same way.. :shock:... The only saving grace is that it is not that visible and the wood colour where it is has not changed i.e. it is not a lighter shade.

I'm sure that the wait for your Krystal will be worth it ... 8)

Harban 'Wenge' Cymbiosis Signature LP12, Klimax Radikal / Urika, Karmen, Tranquility, Rubikon, Ekos SE, Skale, Krystal. Sarum Super Array IC's. Chord Signature speaker cable

dCS Puccini CD Player

KK/1(D), Klimax Twin (D), ProAc Response D2's

evil_C

Post by evil_C » Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:11 am

Wenge1 wrote:
evil_C wrote:

Regards,
Clive
.u

Ooooppps indeed, mind you, I have a small 'ding' on my Wenge plinth caused in the same way.. :shock:... The only saving grace is that it is not that visible and the wood colour where it is has not changed i.e. it is not a lighter shade.

My ding is visible owing to it being a lighter colour. I'm sure a small drop of matt varnish would hide it, but Peter has offered to p/x it for a Harban and that leaves no excuse. Needs must...

red kite

Post by red kite » Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:01 pm

evil_C wrote:
Wenge1 wrote:
evil_C wrote:

Regards,
Clive
.u

My ding is visible owing to it being a lighter colour. I'm sure a small drop of matt varnish would hide it, but Peter has offered to p/x it for a Harban and that leaves no excuse. Needs must...
Oh nice!, any pics of your new Harban plinth?

evil_C

Post by evil_C » Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:13 pm

red kite wrote:
evil_C wrote:
Wenge1 wrote:
evil_C wrote:

Regards,
Clive
.u

Oh nice!, any pics of your new Harban plinth?
Be assured that once it's done I hope to post pictures, but you'll just have to wait. Like me.

Red Chris

Post by Red Chris » Sat Feb 27, 2016 6:00 pm

Rather nice looking in my opinion - sounds sublime 8)

Currently Cymbiosis LP12 Woodsong Wenge, Klimax Radikal/Chord Sarum T, Keel/A, Khan, Tranquility, Urika/Chord SSA, Aro, sKale, Lyra Kleos SL - Sondek owner since 1982 - the rest is Naim, Chord and Kudos 8)

Coyote Jim
Site Moderator

Post by Coyote Jim » Sat Feb 27, 2016 6:20 pm

Red Chris wrote:Rather nice looking in my opinion - sounds sublime 8)

Looking very shiny there Chris. 8)
Sounding sparkling too. :smt020
"Cymbiosis"
Klimax LP12, Linn CD, Linn Amp, Kudos Speakers.
Coyote Jim :wink:

Jazz Club

Post by Jazz Club » Sat Feb 27, 2016 6:38 pm

Red Chris wrote:Rather nice looking in my opinion - sounds sublime 8)

Yes loverly :smt023
[ external image ]

Red Chris

Post by Red Chris » Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:44 pm

I appear to have a new record collection - this new belt is bloody good :smt030
Currently Cymbiosis LP12 Woodsong Wenge, Klimax Radikal/Chord Sarum T, Keel/A, Khan, Tranquility, Urika/Chord SSA, Aro, sKale, Lyra Kleos SL - Sondek owner since 1982 - the rest is Naim, Chord and Kudos 8)

Wenge1
Queue Moderator

Post by Wenge1 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:09 pm

Red Chris wrote:I appear to have a new record collection - this new belt is bloody good :smt030

Well that's what you get when you have a new belt and Krystal braces ... :smt023

Harban 'Wenge' Cymbiosis Signature LP12, Klimax Radikal / Urika, Karmen, Tranquility, Rubikon, Ekos SE, Skale, Krystal. Sarum Super Array IC's. Chord Signature speaker cable

dCS Puccini CD Player

KK/1(D), Klimax Twin (D), ProAc Response D2's

HiFi Kabin : Disclaimer