Re Linn Keels For Naim Aro's

Everything relating to the ol' fruit box

Moderator: The Kurators

Jazz Club

Re Linn Keels For Naim Aro's

Post by Jazz Club » Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:33 pm

Just had a mail from Mr Fixit/Peter Cymbiosis from his phone.
He is currently in negotiations with Linn (Last Week) on numbers for another run.
So any interested parties should get in touch with him at the shop.

The Flatearther

Re: Re Linn Keels For Naim Aro's

Post by The Flatearther » Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:52 pm

I've had mine Aro Keeled for some time. I don't regret it at all.

red kite

Post by red kite » Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:30 am

I was never really happy with my LP12 before Peter fitted the keel,
but after it was fitted it took the music up to a whole new level of enjoyment.

[ external image ]

At over 2 grand it's very expensive but when you think a Kandid is a 3 grand consumable item which will need replacing every few years or so, the keel is one very nicely engineered lump of metal that with care should last a few hundred trouble free years, and unlike a electrical box component a keel won't ever require a re-cap type service or suffer an electrical malfunction, or even consume power to raise your electric bill.
Plus a keel doesn't require any burning in, it will do it's job day in day out without complaining, loyally, dependably, and mostly hidden from view.

A fantastic investment that every LP12/Aro owner should want, imho

:g-yep:

evil_C

Post by evil_C » Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:32 pm

Yes, but I believe you got yours before the Kore was available so I assume you didn't compare the two. I allowed myself to be persuaded by digital sound, and particularly the Naim NDS/555DR, so didn't get my Aro until this May by which time Linn had stopped manufacturing the Keel for Aro and I had to pay an arm and a leg for a BNIB Aro :evil: and live with the Kore (which works very well, BTW).
From what Stu says, hopefully I might receive a call from Wayne seeking a deposit for a Keel soon!

Jazz Club

Post by Jazz Club » Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:41 pm

evil_C wrote:Yes, but I believe you got yours before the Kore was available so I assume you didn't compare the two. I allowed myself to be persuaded by digital sound, and particularly the Naim NDS/555DR, so didn't get my Aro until this May by which time Linn had stopped manufacturing the Keel for Aro and I had to pay an arm and a leg for a BNIB Aro :evil:
From what Stu says, hopefully I might receive a call from Wayne seeking a deposit for a Keel soon!
You will have to ring Wayne,He's really shy. 8)
What do you run your NDS/555DR through?

red kite

Post by red kite » Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:31 am

evil_C wrote:Yes, but I believe you got yours before the Kore was available so I assume you didn't compare the two....
Yes, my keel was fitted new over 6 years ago, and to date i've not listened to an LP12 with Kore so dunno how it compares.
It maybe worth having a Kore vs Keel demo @ cymbiosis to put the doubt at rest.

It's ironic that the Kore is probably a very nice alternative but the arrival of the Kore/A version may lower demand for the Keel/A, but imho the keel is special and my gut feeling is the Aro needs one to perform its very best on a Sondek.

Jazz Club

Post by Jazz Club » Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:17 am

People/Naim fans went for ARO's years ago when they were a good cheap arm option.
They still are.
I will still take a Linn Ekos SE any day of the week over a ARO. :smt023

The Flatearther

Post by The Flatearther » Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:47 am

And I'd take an Aro any day over an Ekos SE!

In fact if you gave me an Ekos SE it would on eBay when you left! Ha ha.

Red Chris

Post by Red Chris » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:08 pm

The Flatearther wrote:And I'd take an Aro any day over an Ekos SE!

In fact if you gave me an Ekos SE it would on eBay when you left! Ha ha.
That's a bit mean Flat - you really shouldn't inflict an Ekos SE on unsuspecting eBay buyers :D
Currently Cymbiosis LP12 Woodsong Wenge, Klimax Radikal/Chord Sarum T, Keel/A, Khan, Tranquility, Urika/Chord SSA, Aro, sKale, Lyra Kleos SL - Sondek owner since 1982 - the rest is Naim, Chord and Kudos 8)

The Flatearther

Post by The Flatearther » Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:26 pm

Chris,
Good one ROTFLMHO,

HiFi Kabin : Disclaimer