Re Linn Keels For Naim Aro's

Everything relating to the ol' fruit box

Moderator: The Kurators

Mr Fixit
Trade Member

Re: Re Linn Keels For Naim Aro's

Post by Mr Fixit » Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:52 pm

Jazz Club wrote:
evil_C wrote:Yes, but I believe you got yours before the Kore was available so I assume you didn't compare the two. I allowed myself to be persuaded by digital sound, and particularly the Naim NDS/555DR, so didn't get my Aro until this May by which time Linn had stopped manufacturing the Keel for Aro and I had to pay an arm and a leg for a BNIB Aro :evil:
From what Stu says, hopefully I might receive a call from Wayne seeking a deposit for a Keel soon!
You will have to ring Wayne,He's really shy. 8)
Well for someone you think is shy - He's on the phone an awful lot :mrg:

Happy Christmas,

Peter

More on the Aro Keel situation in January. In the mean time anyone interested, just let us know please.
Email: peter@cymbiosis.com
Web: http://www.cymbiosis.com

Jazz Club

Post by Jazz Club » Fri Dec 25, 2015 10:25 am

Mr Fixit wrote:
Jazz Club wrote:
evil_C wrote:Yes, but I believe you got yours before the Kore was available so I assume you didn't compare the two. I allowed myself to be persuaded by digital sound, and particularly the Naim NDS/555DR, so didn't get my Aro until this May by which time Linn had stopped manufacturing the Keel for Aro and I had to pay an arm and a leg for a BNIB Aro :evil:
From what Stu says, hopefully I might receive a call from Wayne seeking a deposit for a Keel soon!

Happy Christmas,

Peter

More on the Aro Keel situation in January. In the mean time anyone interested, just let us know please.
Its was meant as a joke. :smt020

Mr Fixit
Trade Member

Post by Mr Fixit » Fri Dec 25, 2015 6:51 pm

Jazz Club wrote:
Mr Fixit wrote:
Jazz Club wrote:

Happy Christmas,

Peter

I know that Jazz, but others may not!

Happy Christmas.

KR

Peter

Jazz Club

Post by Jazz Club » Fri Dec 25, 2015 10:13 pm

Mr Fixit wrote:
Jazz Club wrote:
Mr Fixit wrote:
Jazz Club wrote:

Happy Christmas,

Peter

I know that Jazz, but others may not!

Happy Christmas.

KR

Peter
Peter,
Come on laugh.
Most who read and post on here already know The Waynester. 8)
Just trying to keep your out going phone bill down. :D

red kite

Post by red kite » Sat Dec 26, 2015 5:47 pm

Mr Fixit wrote: Happy Christmas.
Peter
Peter, what's your experienced opinion on the difference between the Kore vs Keel?

Seasonal Greetings to you, hope you're having a well earned rest and happy holiday :g-yep:

Debbie

Mr Fixit
Trade Member

Post by Mr Fixit » Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:30 pm

red kite wrote:
Peter
Peter, what's your experienced opinion on the difference between the Kore vs Keel?

Seasonal Greetings to you, hope you're having a well earned rest and happy holiday :g-yep:

Debbie
Thanks Debbie, It's nice to take a break... But not for too long as I get bored!

I have otherwise identical Keel and Kore LP12s here on demo. The difference is clear and very easy to discern. The musicality of the Keel is streets ahead and the demo is one of the easiest ones for me to do, but likewise the Kore is way ahead of a standard sub-chassis. The Kore is a great product and gets you maybe 60-65% of a Keel for 30% of the price. Excellent VFM.

KR

Peter

ray davis

Post by ray davis » Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:55 pm

Mr Fixit wrote:
red kite wrote:
Peter

Debbie
Thanks Debbie, It's nice to take a break... But not for too long as I get bored!

I have otherwise identical Keel and Kore LP12s here on demo. The difference is clear and very easy to discern. The musicality of the Keel is streets ahead and the demo is one of the easiest ones for me to do, but likewise the Kore is way ahead of a standard sub-chassis. The Kore is a great product and gets you maybe 60-65% of a Keel for 30% of the price. Excellent VFM.

KR

Peter
The Kore price with new bearing etc is fantastic when you compare it to price of standard sub chasis.

Mr Fixit
Trade Member

Post by Mr Fixit » Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:57 pm

ray davis wrote:
The Kore price with new bearing etc is fantastic when you compare it to price of standard sub chassis.
Glad to hear this comment from an end-user Ray :)

KR

Peter

ray davis

Post by ray davis » Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:15 pm

Mr Fixit wrote:
ray davis wrote:
The Kore price with new bearing etc is fantastic when you compare it to price of standard sub chassis.
Glad to hear this comment from an end-user Ray :)

KR

Peter

Its top notch from the standard bearing and chassis i had. I did read and please correct me, the majik chassis is basically the same as the kore with out the bonded armboard ? This was not stated on LINN site or By peter, but someone selling a Majik chassis.

Mr Fixit
Trade Member

Post by Mr Fixit » Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:34 pm

ray davis wrote:
Its top notch from the standard bearing and chassis i had. I did read and please correct me, the majik chassis is basically the same as the kore with out the bonded armboard ? This was not stated on LINN site or By peter, but someone selling a Majik chassis.
It depends on where you are reading Ray I guess, but I have said before and here again... The new (as changed from late 2013) Majik sub-chassis is the sub-chassis that is the under pinning of the Kore which has the machined from solid arm-board bonded to it as the addition over the Majik. The Kore is a great upgrade for anyone with the standard or Majik sub-chassis.

KR

Peter

HiFi Kabin : Disclaimer