Re Linn Keels For Naim Aro's

Everything relating to the ol' fruit box

Moderator: The Kurators

red kite

Re: Re Linn Keels For Naim Aro's

Post by red kite » Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:49 am

Wow! Another 20 Keels for the Aro! :g-thumb:

Every time i see a new batch of Keels for Aro i wonder how many Aros are still game for this ultimate partnership of making music together, there maybe a time when market saturation will be reached.
But it's nice to see more and more time honoured Aros jumping ship to find a new and happy home on a Keel, they really were made for each other :g-love:

evil_C

Post by evil_C » Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:51 am

Red Chris wrote:
evil_C wrote:
Red Chris wrote:That is incredible Peter - such a shame that Naim did not announce the launch of a new Aro 2 today :roll:
And no doubt you'd have been first in the queue for one to go with a new Keel/A and, I suspect, a fluted Stiletto! :D
Well it would have been very nice to have the opportunity to have an Aro replacement available should mine develop an issue but I suspect that there is more chance that I would swap my Khan for a Karmen than actually go for a Stiletto.

I would need to hear the Stiletto first :D
With a plinth as gorgeous as yours, Chris, that is totally understandable. And the Karmen is, of course, <1/3 of the price of the stiletto.

Jazz Club

Post by Jazz Club » Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:40 am

Peter,
[ external image ]
Thats a large cash layout yet again. :smt023

red kite

Post by red kite » Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:58 pm

[ external image ]

Mine's the Mozzarella - go easy on the olives! :g-tongue:

Coyote Jim
Site Moderator

Post by Coyote Jim » Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:22 pm

Shouldn't this be on the doppelgänger thread :shock: :oops: :lol:
Think they'll sound a bit toppy :smt005
"Cymbiosis"
Analogue Klimax LP12, Linn CD, Analogue Linn Amp, Kudos Speakers. 8) :smt023
Coyote Jim :wink:

Mr Fixit
Trade Member

Post by Mr Fixit » Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:58 pm

Jazz Club wrote:Peter,
Thats a large cash layout yet again. :smt023
Yes, it’s a serious financial commitment for me and costs the same as putting a 552 and two 500s in to stock for example! :shock:

KR

Peter
Email: peter@cymbiosis.com
Web: http://www.cymbiosis.com

Jazz Club

Post by Jazz Club » Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:33 pm

Peter,
I just hope your faith in people with Aro's wanting Keels for them pays off. :smt023
It must be getting close to a cut off point now?
You see less and less SH Aro's for sale now.
I mailed you the link to the first one i have seen for sale in ages a few days ago.

Wenge1
Queue Moderator

Post by Wenge1 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:07 pm

Red Chris wrote:
evil_C wrote:
Red Chris wrote:That is incredible Peter - such a shame that Naim did not announce the launch of a new Aro 2 today :roll:
And no doubt you'd have been first in the queue for one to go with a new Keel/A and, I suspect, a fluted Stiletto! :D
Well it would have been very nice to have the opportunity to have an Aro replacement available should mine develop an issue but I suspect that there is more chance that I would swap my Khan for a Karmen than actually go for a Stiletto.

The Karmen is a fine product and a step up on the Khan. I really like the look of the fluted Stiletto (although my preference would be for it to have a silver top plate section). Hard to see me stumping up for one in the near future though, assuming of course its sound is to my liking ....... 8)
Harban 'Wenge' Cymbiosis Signature LP12, Klimax Radikal / Urika, Karmen, Tranquility, Rubikon, Ekos SE, Skale, Krystal. Sarum Super Array IC's. Chord Signature speaker cable

dCS Puccini CD Player

KK/1(D), Klimax Twin (D), ProAc Response D2's

Jazz Club

Post by Jazz Club » Sat Oct 08, 2016 2:07 am

Wenge1 wrote:
Red Chris wrote:
evil_C wrote:

The Karmen is a fine product and a step up on the Khan. I really like the look of the fluted Stiletto (although my preference would be for it to have a silver top plate section). Hard to see me stumping up for one in the near future though, assuming of course its sound is to my liking ....... 8)
I bloody give up.
Both threads on this have now turned into group love-ins :roll:

Red Chris

Post by Red Chris » Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:17 am

Although I do think the Karmen has the edge on the Khan, I don't hear it as a "no brainer" in cost to change / VFM terms having already invested in the Khan.

The Karmen looks nicer though - imho :smt030
Currently Cymbiosis LP12 Woodsong Wenge, Klimax Radikal/Chord Sarum T, Keel/A, Khan, Tranquility, Urika/Chord SSA, Aro, sKale, Lyra Kleos SL - Sondek owner since 1982 - the rest is Naim, Chord and Kudos 8)

HiFi Kabin : Disclaimer