Moderator: The Kurators

Mr Onion
Site Moderator

Re: Re Linn Keels For Naim Aro's

Post by Mr Onion » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:56 am

Mr Fixit wrote:
Jazz Club wrote:Peter,
Thats a large cash layout yet again. :smt023
Yes, it’s a serious financial commitment for me and costs the same as putting a 552 and two 500s in to stock for example! :shock:

KR

Peter
xss35 Thats a not of notes. You must be getting to saturation point by now Peter.

... of is the plan to have some ARO Keels lying around that you then have to have NAIM build some ARO's for? xss18
James

Fluted Afro LP12, Khan, KEEL, Cirkus, Tranquillity, Urika, Radikal (with Allium Skin Mods), EKOS SE/1, sKale, DVXX-2mkII
Consonance Ref 2.2 Linear (upgraded)
NACish 72, NAPish 250, Kudos Super 20's

red kite

Post by red kite » Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:15 pm

I don't have any doubt those Keels will all sell, and all within the next couple of years :g-thumb:

The Keel for Aro is a fine invention, and one which has caused an impact to pre-owned Aro resell values, the Keel raises the performance of the Aro to a very high degree and we can account for Aro pre-owned values rising over the years since the Keel for Aro was introduced.
Also, the success of the Aro/Keel has become well documented and has attracted much attention, given many Aro owners who have lost interest in vinyl the incentive to sell them to people who seek them. Aros that are lying around in storage will come out to find new eager owners who are aware of their potential, plus many Aros are used on alternative turntables that could be described as outdated and lesser than an LP12 in music making capabilities, these will also gain the incentive and option to jump ship to LP12 with Keel.

Naim HQ may become busier than usual with old Aros going into dry dock for service and check-up.

Wenge1
Queue Moderator

Post by Wenge1 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:24 pm

Jazz Club wrote:
Wenge1 wrote:
Red Chris wrote:
evil_C wrote:
Red Chris wrote:That is incredible Peter - such a shame that Naim did not announce the launch of a new Aro 2 today :roll:
And no doubt you'd have been first in the queue for one to go with a new Keel/A and, I suspect, a fluted Stiletto! :D
Well it would have been very nice to have the opportunity to have an Aro replacement available should mine develop an issue but I suspect that there is more chance that I would swap my Khan for a Karmen than actually go for a Stiletto.

I would need to hear the Stiletto first :D
The Karmen is a fine product and a step up on the Khan. I really like the look of the fluted Stiletto (although my preference would be for it to have a silver top plate section). Hard to see me stumping up for one in the near future though, assuming of course its sound is to my liking ....... 8)
I bloody give up.
Both threads on this have now turned into group love-ins :roll:
What are you giving up on? Just expressed a view that I liked the look of a Stiletto and that I like what a Karmen does. No more no less. Moving on though, without Peter flying the flag, there are a lot of Aro owners who currently enjoy what the Keel does for their tonearm of choice, that would otherwise have to do without. Since I and my ears personally don't get why they choose that arm in the first place, I think that is all I have to add to this particular thread .......... 8)
Harban 'Wenge' Cymbiosis Signature LP12, Klimax Radikal / Urika, Karmen, Tranquility, Rubikon, Ekos SE, Skale, Krystal. Sarum Super Array IC's. Chord Signature speaker cable

dCS Puccini CD Player

KK/1(D), Klimax Twin (D), ProAc Response D2's

Red Chris

Post by Red Chris » Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:50 am

Jazz Club wrote:Both threads on this have now turned into group love-ins :roll:
All you need is love 8)
Currently Cymbiosis LP12 Woodsong Wenge, Klimax Radikal/Chord Sarum T, Keel/A, Khan, Tranquility, Urika/Chord SSA, Aro, sKale, Lyra Kleos SL - Sondek owner since 1982 - the rest is Naim, Chord and Kudos 8)

red kite

Post by red kite » Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:43 am

Red Chris wrote:
Jazz Club wrote:Both threads on this have now turned into group love-ins :roll:
All you need is love 8)
Cupid's Aro :g-rolleyes:

Jazz Club

Post by Jazz Club » Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:12 pm

Red Chris

Post by Red Chris » Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:23 pm

Why is Anne Aston wearing a nightie? :?
Currently Cymbiosis LP12 Woodsong Wenge, Klimax Radikal/Chord Sarum T, Keel/A, Khan, Tranquility, Urika/Chord SSA, Aro, sKale, Lyra Kleos SL - Sondek owner since 1982 - the rest is Naim, Chord and Kudos 8)

Coyote Jim
Site Moderator

Post by Coyote Jim » Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:35 pm

image.jpg
:smt007 :roll:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Cymbiosis"
Analogue Klimax LP12, Linn CD, Analogue Linn Amp, Kudos Speakers. 8) :smt023
Coyote Jim :wink:

Jazz Club

Post by Jazz Club » Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:48 pm

Red Chris wrote:Why is Anne Aston wearing a nightie? :?
TV light entertainment shows were full of naff fashion back then. :smt018

HiFi Kabin : Disclaimer