Krystal Kandid and beyond .......

Everything relating to the ol' fruit box

Moderator: The Kurators

Jazz Club

Re: Krystal Kandid and beyond .......

Post by Jazz Club » Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:40 pm

Peter,
I did the two Radikal box test as you know with Julian over more than eight hours one Sunday when they were first released well before Ian at Billy Vs started saying two were better than one,When they were clearly not.
That day is the reason i still tell people to get there Radikal's on the top shelf of there racks.
Even after its upgrade a couple of years ago.
I banged on at Chris for years to try it.
Same as i did for years with fraim glass balls and cups.
Radikal box rack placement is so crucial.
It needs to be on top of any rack with loads of air round it.
On a floor standing two shelf Mana rack it needs to be on the bottom on its own with the LP12 above on a ref shelf.
Everyone i know with Naim fraim i've told to move there A Radikal's onto a top shelf over the years have all gone feck me what a difference. :smt023
Last edited by Jazz Club on Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:00 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Mr Onion
Site Moderator

Post by Mr Onion » Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:41 pm

Mr Fixit wrote:
Mr Onion wrote:Peter. I know its a "listen and see hear" but would a Klimax Radikal be a better upgrade than changing my ITTOK LVIII to an EKOS 2/SE :smt017

Just thinking out loud.
On the evidence of what Chris and I heard... An unequivocal YES!
Thats what I thought the answer would be. Its amazing that 'just' changing the box can make so much difference.
James

Fluted Afro LP12, Khan, KEEL, Cirkus, Tranquillity, Urika, Radikal (with Allium Skin Mods), EKOS SE/1, sKale, DVXX-2mkII
Consonance Ref 2.2 Linear (upgraded) with Marigo Lab Aida CD Mat
NACish 72, NAPish 250, Kudos Super 20's

Roger@TP
Trade Member

Post by Roger@TP » Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:25 pm

Thought I'd posted this earlier this evening but must have had a senior moment.

Several years ago I changed my AK Radikal (dynamik) for a Klimax version purely for aesthetic reasons to go with the other three silver K boxes on the Fraim. Within 10 seconds it was clear that my LP12 had never sounded so good.

I initially put it down to maybe the old AK version not working properly but a few weeks later when I mentioned it to Peter he confirmed the same thing. So there are plenty of mysteries with electronics, and I'd struggle to believe it if I hadn't experienced it directly, and so clearly.

Anyway, very pleased people are enjoying the Krystal, looks like Linn have a winner with this!

Jazz Club

Post by Jazz Club » Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:36 pm

Roger@TP wrote:Thought I'd posted this earlier this evening but must have had a senior moment.

Several years ago I changed my AK Radikal (dynamik) for a Klimax version purely for aesthetic reasons to go with the other three silver K boxes on the Fraim. Within 10 seconds it was clear that my LP12 had never sounded so good.

I initially put it down to maybe the old AK version not working properly but a few weeks later when I mentioned it to Peter he confirmed the same thing. So there are plenty of mysteries with electronics, and I'd struggle to believe it if I hadn't experienced it directly, and so clearly.

Anyway, very pleased people are enjoying the Krystal, looks like Linn have a winner with this!
Roger not many wives/girlfriends/partners would put up with your lounge wall looking like the set from the latest Bruce or Arny shoot out movie. :lol:

Wenge1
Queue Moderator

Post by Wenge1 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:44 pm

Well for the first time in my life I have put a deposit down on a piece of kit I have not heard or demo'ed. After a swapping a message or two with Chris and checking in with Peter, I have done it on a Klimax Radikal ... 8)

I will be swapping my Akurate Radikal for a Klimax Radikal sometime in April ...of course I will let you know how it goes then ... :smt023

Harban 'Wenge' Cymbiosis Signature LP12, Klimax Radikal / Urika, Karmen, Tranquility, Rubikon, Ekos SE, Skale, Krystal. Sarum Super Array IC's. Chord Signature speaker cable

dCS Puccini CD Player

KK/1(D), Klimax Twin (D), ProAc Response D2's

Derosa

Post by Derosa » Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:04 pm

[ external image ]

Hi jazz club
Am I going in the right direction 4 tier ref top and empty shelf above radikal ?
Regards
Tony
Walnut LP12 Keell Ekos SE/1 Krystal Urika Radikal
TP Tranquility and Skale
Avondale grad 1 Tpx2 M2 monos biamping neat Momentum 3i all supported by mana :smt020

Roger@TP
Trade Member

Post by Roger@TP » Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:16 pm

Roger not many wives/girlfriends/partners would put up with your lounge wall looking like the set from the latest Bruce or Arny shoot out movie. :lol:
Stu, I'm embarrassed to say that whilst the holes have been filled, that wall has still not been painted. But I did fix the dishwasher the other day, so haven't been sacked yet :D

Jazz Club

Post by Jazz Club » Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:32 pm

Roger@TP wrote:
Stu, I'm embarrassed to say that whilst the holes have been filled, that wall has still not been painted. But I did fix the dishwasher the other day, so haven't been sacked yet :D
Laugh.
If you need a new dishwasher/tumble dryer /washing machine/ Fridge freezer?
I've got a 36% off discount code that runs until June for Hotpoint/Whirlpool/ Indesit and a couple of others i don't remember the name of.

Jazz Club

Post by Jazz Club » Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:09 pm

Derosa wrote:[ external image ]

Hi jazz club
Am I going in the right direction 4 tier ref top and empty shelf above radikal ?
Regards
Tony
Tony,
If i can be critical without offending you?
I would say NO.
I cant see whats on the right rack in your picture?I'm guessing amps and PSUs?
Thats where your LP12 rack should be.
Your LP12 shouldn't be in a corner. :smt023

Derosa

Post by Derosa » Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:25 pm

Hi stu
No offence taken always willing to learn but it is always a compromise as it is in the main living room
the amp rack is next to a chair and the lp12 is in the "safest " place
one sweep of an arm next to the chair and bye bye arm and cartridge :roll: :smt018
Regards
Tony
Walnut LP12 Keell Ekos SE/1 Krystal Urika Radikal
TP Tranquility and Skale
Avondale grad 1 Tpx2 M2 monos biamping neat Momentum 3i all supported by mana :smt020

HiFi Kabin : Disclaimer