Re: Krystal Kandid and beyond .......

Post by evil_C » Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:16 pm

dan steel wrote:
evil_C wrote:
dan steel wrote:
evil_C wrote:
Jazz Club wrote:
Derosa wrote:Hi stu
No offence taken always willing to learn but it is always a compromise as it is in the main living room
the amp rack is next to a chair and the lp12 is in the "safest " place
one sweep of an arm next to the chair and bye bye arm and cartridge :roll: :smt018
Regards
Tony
Tony,
How solid is the wall behind your racks?
Could you fit a Tiger paw VulKan wall shelf to it?
This is a very interesting question. I would really like to use a wall shelf. I have a solid wall but with batons and plasterboard on top. Hence there is a narrow gap. Does anyone know how to mount a wall shelf in this type of situation?

Regards,
Clive
Use a a joist detector to find where the joist lie. Mark off and screw into the joists to get a firm fixing. OR you can cut the plaster board out place and screw wooden batons to the joist to the height you want the shelve to be and mark the wall Replace the plasterboard you have cut out and position your shelf. Once your satisfied everything is level and securely fixed. Take the shelf off and skim over the board leaving in screws so you know the positions. Once the plaster is dry paint up then take the screws out and plonk on the shelve. Easy Peasy 8)
Just as I thought- there's a lot to be said for leaving it on the top of the Fraims!
Debbie also done it that way. There are step by step photos of how she did it on here somewhere. 8)
Yes, I saw those and a fine job it was too. However, hers was a stud partition wall (i.e. hollow). I cannot access the back and would need to go in from the front, the side on which the shelf would need to be mounted. I thought there was some way that I could drill through the plasterboard into the breeze block and inject something in to fill the narrow gap between. Then the shelf could be mounted normally. It seems I was wrong.

Coyote Jim
Site Moderator

Post by Coyote Jim » Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:23 pm

evil_C wrote:
Just as I thought- there's a lot to be said for leaving it on the top of the Fraims!
:smt045
Tiptoe through the tulips. 8) :smt023
"Cymbiosis"
Analogue Klimax LP12, Linn CD, Analogue Linn Amp, Kudos Speakers. 8) :smt023
Coyote Jim :wink:

dan steel
Queue Moderator

Post by dan steel » Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:26 pm

So you have batoned your wall then screwed plasterboard to the batons. If so you have probably used 2 x 1 timber which makes it easier mark off the height you want to put your shelf allow a couple of inches each side and cut out the plaster board about 6 inches high drill three lengths into the wall and reboard. Then screw the shelf into the new timber. Two hour job tops. 8)
Last edited by dan steel on Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
None foreign parts LP12 - Naim CD - Naim Amplication - Kudos Speakers.

evil_C

Post by evil_C » Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:03 pm

dan steel wrote:So you have batoned your wall then screwed plasterboard to the batons. If so you have probably used 2 x 1 timber which makes it easier mark off the height you want to put your shelf allow a couple of inches each side a Coe out the plaster board about 6 inches high drill three lengths into the wall and reboard. Then screw the shelf into the new timber. Two hour job tops. 8)
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Red Chris

Post by Red Chris » Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:08 am

Klimax Radikal proving to be a sound investment :smt020

One interesting thing is that I am listening to albums all the way through and not cherry picking sides or tracks.
Currently Cymbiosis LP12 Woodsong Wenge, Klimax Radikal/Chord Sarum T, Keel/A, Khan, Tranquility, Urika/Chord SSA, Aro, sKale, Lyra Kleos SL - Sondek owner since 1982 - the rest is Naim, Chord and Kudos 8)

Wenge1
Queue Moderator

Post by Wenge1 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:59 am

Red Chris wrote:Klimax Radikal proving to be a sound investment :smt020

One interesting thing is that I am listening to albums all the way through and not cherry picking sides or tracks.

Good to hear ... :smt023

Harban 'Wenge' Cymbiosis Signature LP12, Klimax Radikal / Urika, Karmen, Tranquility, Rubikon, Ekos SE, Skale, Krystal. Sarum Super Array IC's. Chord Signature speaker cable

dCS Puccini CD Player

KK/1(D), Klimax Twin (D), ProAc Response D2's

Mr Fixit
Trade Member

Post by Mr Fixit » Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:12 am

Wenge1 wrote:
Red Chris wrote:Klimax Radikal proving to be a sound investment :smt020

Good to hear ... :smt023

Absolutely! It's a wonderful "box" as you are finding out Chris 8)

KR

Peter
Email: peter@cymbiosis.com
Web: http://www.cymbiosis.com

Red Chris

Post by Red Chris » Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:01 pm

Stop Press

Curent set up - but just got approval in principle to put up the Audiotech wall shelf - need to start planning :smt023

Last edited by Red Chris on Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Currently Cymbiosis LP12 Woodsong Wenge, Klimax Radikal/Chord Sarum T, Keel/A, Khan, Tranquility, Urika/Chord SSA, Aro, sKale, Lyra Kleos SL - Sondek owner since 1982 - the rest is Naim, Chord and Kudos 8)

Jazz Club

Post by Jazz Club » Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:21 pm

Red Chris wrote:Stop Press

Curent set up - but just got approval in principle to puy up the Audiotech wall shelf - need to start planning :smt023

Whats a puy up? :lol:

Red Chris

Post by Red Chris » Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:24 pm

A typo - in all the excitement :smt030

HiFi Kabin : Disclaimer