Site Moderator

Re: Krystal Klub

Post by Coyote Jim » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:12 pm

evil_C wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:24 pm
Coyote Jim wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:02 pm
image.jpeg Glad I bothered. :roll:

Oh sorry, Jim, I wasn't meaning to ignore your post.

Hi Clive no apology necessary I was just chiming in to be respectfully supportive having been the victim of a dud Krystal as well.
It's what the forum is for.
The mood thing is what I've always said if your in a good mood feeling positive then the system or anything you put your attention to will shine but if on a downer it's the natural pessimist inside that will dull the fun and increase the dissapointment.
As is a lot of the cases of system run in with boxes and cables I read all the time about the system rollercoaster effect good one day crap the next the bloody inert boxes don't have moods but we do.
The biggest dissapointment I get is when I forget to tweak the volume going from digital to analogue. " that's sounding a bit flat and quiet. :smt018 "
I rember listening to my " still have " Camel and Yes on my old BSR with flip over stylus. :oops:
Nothing is really consistent. 8) :smt023
"Cymbiosis"
LP12,Cirkus,Radikal,Urika,Keel,Linn mat,Ekos SE/1,Krystal,Majik I Dynamik,Majik CD,
Kudos X3,Quadraspire Q4 EVO Rack,Vulkan Board Naim Cups & Balls, Linn Silvers & K200 Black with Linn Knekt Bananas. 8) :smt023

evil_C

Post by evil_C » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:05 pm

It seems it's not just me then!

I share your scepticism over cable burn-in etc., but Naim electronics do need some time to warm up, especially the NAC552, it seems. That won't bother you, of course, being a Linn man.

Coyote Jim
Site Moderator

Post by Coyote Jim » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:28 pm

evil_C wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:05 pm

I share your scepticism over cable burn-in etc., but Naim electronics do need some time to warm up, especially the NAC552, it seems. That won't bother you, of course, being a Linn man.

All electronics need warm up time that's why I never switch them off.
As for being a Linn man :smt017 I'd no choice at the time of original purchase and when it went futt all I could trade in the duds for was Linn. :roll:
When my boxes need replacing there's one thing for sure they won't be Linn. :smt018
My speakers are Kudos not Linn. 8) :smt023
"Cymbiosis"
LP12,Cirkus,Radikal,Urika,Keel,Linn mat,Ekos SE/1,Krystal,Majik I Dynamik,Majik CD,
Kudos X3,Quadraspire Q4 EVO Rack,Vulkan Board Naim Cups & Balls, Linn Silvers & K200 Black with Linn Knekt Bananas. 8) :smt023

Wenge1

Post by Wenge1 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:35 pm

evil_C wrote:

I have to say that I believe that Linn Klimax amps seem to be 'better' when they have their cases on the warmer side especially the Klimax twin which gets gently warm once it has pushed out a tune or two.

That being said it's not the "night and day guff" that I have heard/seen over on the blue place. What's for sure is that the amps don't sound duff if they I play them from cold. If I remember to switch them on a bit before listening then that's what I do. If its a spontaneous decision to listen then I just get right down to it and I still enjoy the tunes that come out of the speakers ............ :smt020
Harban 'Wenge' Cymbiosis Signature LP12, Klimax Radikal / Urika, Karmen, Tranquility, Rubikon, Ekos SE, Skale, Krystal. Sarum Super Array IC's. Chord Signature speaker cable

dCS Puccini CD Player

KK/1(D), Klimax Twin (D), ProAc Response D2's

Wenge1

Post by Wenge1 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:36 pm

Coyote Jim wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:28 pm
evil_C wrote:

As for being a Linn man :smt017 I'd no choice at the time of original purchase and when it went futt all I could trade in the duds for was Linn. :roll:
When my boxes need replacing there's one thing for sure they won't be Linn. :smt018

Ha! your post appeared whilst I was writing mine. Great minds amigo .......... :smt023
Harban 'Wenge' Cymbiosis Signature LP12, Klimax Radikal / Urika, Karmen, Tranquility, Rubikon, Ekos SE, Skale, Krystal. Sarum Super Array IC's. Chord Signature speaker cable

dCS Puccini CD Player

Coyote Jim
Site Moderator

Post by Coyote Jim » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:41 pm

Wenge1 wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:36 pm
Coyote Jim wrote:
evil_C wrote:

Ha! your post appeared whilst I was writing mine. Great minds amigo .......... :smt023

That's twice today Adam we must be in a similar state of burn in. :wink: 8) :smt023
"Cymbiosis"

Wenge1

Post by Wenge1 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:43 pm

Coyote Jim wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:41 pm
Wenge1 wrote:
Coyote Jim wrote:
evil_C wrote:

As for being a Linn man :smt017 I'd no choice at the time of original purchase and when it went futt all I could trade in the duds for was Linn. :roll: :smt005 .

That's twice today Adam we must be in a similar state of burn in. :wink: 8) :smt023

Burn in, burn out, shake it all about .......... :smt005

dCS Puccini CD Player

evil_C

Post by evil_C » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:17 pm

Wenge1 wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:43 pm
Coyote Jim wrote:
Wenge1 wrote:
Coyote Jim wrote:
evil_C wrote:

As for being a Linn man :smt017 I'd no choice at the time of original purchase and when it went futt all I could trade in the duds for was Linn. :roll: :smt005 .

Stop! Stop right there! I do not want to visualise you two doing the Hokie-Kokie!

Mr Onion
Site Moderator

Post by Mr Onion » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:01 am

evil_C wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:17 pm
Wenge1 wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:43 pm
Coyote Jim wrote:
Wenge1 wrote:
Coyote Jim wrote:
evil_C wrote:

Stop! Stop right there! I do not want to visualise you two doing the Hokie-Kokie!

Suddenly I feel quite ill
James

Fluted Afro LP12, Khan, Kore, Cirkus, Tranquillity, Trampolin2, Radikal (with Allium Skin Mods), EKOS SE/1, sKale, DVXX-2mkII, HoL Mat

Lots of black boxes connected with bits of damp string.

Red Chris

Post by Red Chris » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:32 pm

evil_C wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:17 pm
Stop right there!
Which reminds me that it is apparently the 40th anniversary of the release of Bat Out of Hell :smt030
Cymbiosis LP12 Woodsong Wenge, Klimax Radikal/Chord Sarum T, Keel/A, Khan, Tranquility, Urika/Chord SSA, Aro, sKale, Krystal - Sondek owner since 1982 - the rest is Naim Chord and Kudos 8)

HiFi Kabin : Disclaimer