Re: Krystal Klub

Post by Coyote Jim » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:14 pm

evil_C wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:09 pm
Coyote Jim wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:14 pm
evil_C wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:00 pm
Well that's got to go back. I'm planning a trip to Rearsby soon, but I really hope I don't need to add £3k to my expenditure.

What's on the shopping list Clive .? :wink:

Well, I’d like to change my interconnects. Then I’d like Peter to have a look at the stylus and cantilever. The outcome of that might influence what comes next.

Wish I'd had a Krystal ball. :roll:
Twice shy never again.
Hope all goes well I know you've not been too pleased with the vinyl for a while. :smt009
It's not the format. :smt018 :wink:
"Cymbiosis"
Analogue Klimax LP12, Linn CD, Analogue Linn Amp, Kudos Speakers. 8) :smt023
Coyote Jim :wink:

Red Chris

Post by Red Chris » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:11 am

evil_C wrote:
Well, I’d like to change my interconnects. Then I’d like Peter to have a look at the stylus and cantilever. The outcome of that might influence what comes next.
What interconnects are you interested in - as the cartridge will be fine.
Currently Cymbiosis LP12 Woodsong Wenge, Klimax Radikal/Chord Sarum T, Keel/A, Khan, Tranquility, Urika/Chord SSA, Aro, sKale, Lyra Kleos SL - Sondek owner since 1982 - the rest is Naim, Chord and Kudos 8)

Coyote Jim
Site Moderator

Post by Coyote Jim » Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:39 am

evil_C wrote:

Best let your ears decide about the cart none of my two had visible defects especially as both were brand new but died in performance rapidly as Peter discovered :shock:
Just because something looks ok doesn't mean it is. :smt018
Be a shame to splash out on cables only to find they're not getting the " source " they deserve.
All the comparison options will be generously presented by Peter so it's "your" ears that matter never mind other people's opinion it's to please and satisfy you. :smt020 8) :smt023
"Cymbiosis"
Analogue Klimax LP12, Linn CD, Analogue Linn Amp, Kudos Speakers. 8) :smt023
Coyote Jim :wink:

Wenge1
Queue Moderator

Post by Wenge1 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:58 pm

Luckily my second Krystal is performing very well and sounds great - at moment at least. When everything is as it should be, the Krystal is a fantastic cart and great value for money.

Unfortunately it does now seem that it has a somewhat checkered history when it come to reliability as further buyers have reported some issues- well in my opinion it does anyway ....... :smt018

When the time comes for a replacement I will be looking elsewhere ............ :smt023
Harban 'Wenge' Cymbiosis Signature LP12, Klimax Radikal / Urika, Karmen, Tranquility, Rubikon, Ekos SE, Skale, Krystal. Sarum Super Array IC's. Chord Signature speaker cable

dCS Puccini CD Player

KK/1(D), Klimax Twin (D), ProAc Response D2's

Wenge1
Queue Moderator

Post by Wenge1 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:00 pm

Coyote Jim wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:39 am
evil_C wrote:

Best let your ears decide about the cart none of my two had visible defects especially as both were brand new but died in performance rapidly as Peter discovered :shock:
Be a shame to splash out on cables only to find they're not getting the " source " they deserve.
All the comparison options will be generously presented by Peter so it's "your" ears that matter never mind other people's opinion it's to please and satisfy you. :smt020 8) :smt023

Good advice IMHO.

I personally really like the Chord interconnects but they don't come before having a cart that is performing up to snuff ....... :smt020
Harban 'Wenge' Cymbiosis Signature LP12, Klimax Radikal / Urika, Karmen, Tranquility, Rubikon, Ekos SE, Skale, Krystal. Sarum Super Array IC's. Chord Signature speaker cable

dCS Puccini CD Player

evil_C

Post by evil_C » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:50 am

Wenge1 wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:00 pm
Coyote Jim wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:39 am
evil_C wrote:

Good advice IMHO.

I personally really like the Chord interconnects but they don't come before having a cart that is performing up to snuff ....... :smt020

Note to self: always check the order of sentences before submitting the post.

Red Chris

Post by Red Chris » Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:38 pm

It is with some sadness that I have to announce my resignation from the Krystal Klub. I'm pleased to say that Ray Rapid Davis has taken on the role of Krystal Klub representative for Dorset - I wish him much happiness :smt023
Currently Cymbiosis LP12 Woodsong Wenge, Klimax Radikal/Chord Sarum T, Keel/A, Khan, Tranquility, Urika/Chord SSA, Aro, sKale, Lyra Kleos SL - Sondek owner since 1982 - the rest is Naim, Chord and Kudos 8)

Wenge1
Queue Moderator

Post by Wenge1 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:09 am

Red Chris wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:38 pm
It is with some sadness that I have to announce my resignation from the Krystal Klub. I'm pleased to say that Ray Rapid Davis has taken on the role of Krystal Klub representative for Dorset - I wish him much happiness :smt023

New Kleos SL in da house ................ 8)

Congrats Chris .......... :smt023

dCS Puccini CD Player

Red Chris

Post by Red Chris » Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:26 pm

Yes Adam 😎

I’m very very pleased with it. Only 7 albums in so far

FangfossFlyer

Post by FangfossFlyer » Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:44 am

Chris,

Congratulations on your new cartridge.

I am expecting to replace mine next year so will add it to my list to check it out.

As a matter of interest, and I am not sure how the Urika handles different cartridge loadings, did you have to configure any specific loadings or is it a straight ‘plug and play’ with the Urika?

I assume those with a Urika II would handle any such things as a software download for a particular cartridge whereas for me with my beloved Superline it may require different loading plugs?

All the best,

Richard
"When the music's over, Turn out the lights"
Linn LP12-Naim-B&W

HiFi Kabin : Disclaimer