Krystal Klub

Everything relating to the ol' fruit box

Moderator: The Kurators

User avatar
Coyote Jim
Site Moderator
Posts: 7867
Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:18 pm
Location: "In The Groove"

Re: Krystal Klub

Post by Coyote Jim » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:14 pm

evil_C wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:09 pm
Coyote Jim wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:14 pm
evil_C wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:00 pm
Well that's got to go back. I'm planning a trip to Rearsby soon, but I really hope I don't need to add £3k to my expenditure.

What's on the shopping list Clive .? :wink:

Well, I’d like to change my interconnects. Then I’d like Peter to have a look at the stylus and cantilever. The outcome of that might influence what comes next.

Wish I'd had a Krystal ball. :roll:
Twice shy never again.
Hope all goes well I know you've not been too pleased with the vinyl for a while. :smt009
It's not the format. :smt018 :wink:
"Cymbiosis"
Analogue Klimax LP12, Linn CD, Analogue Linn Amp, Kudos Speakers. 8) :smt023
Coyote Jim :wink:

User avatar
Red Chris
Full Member
Posts: 1957
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:39 pm
Location: Stretford End Lower

Re: Krystal Klub

Post by Red Chris » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:11 am

evil_C wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:09 pm
Well, I’d like to change my interconnects. Then I’d like Peter to have a look at the stylus and cantilever. The outcome of that might influence what comes next.
What interconnects are you interested in - as the cartridge will be fine.
Currently Cymbiosis LP12 Woodsong Wenge, Klimax Radikal/Chord Sarum T, Keel/A, Khan, Tranquility, Urika/Chord SSA, Aro, sKale, Lyra Kleos SL - Sondek owner since 1982 - the rest is Naim, Chord and Kudos 8)

User avatar
Coyote Jim
Site Moderator
Posts: 7867
Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:18 pm
Location: "In The Groove"

Re: Krystal Klub

Post by Coyote Jim » Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:39 am

evil_C wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:09 pm
Well, I’d like to change my interconnects. Then I’d like Peter to have a look at the stylus and cantilever. The outcome of that might influence what comes next.

Best let your ears decide about the cart none of my two had visible defects especially as both were brand new but died in performance rapidly as Peter discovered :shock:
Just because something looks ok doesn't mean it is. :smt018
Be a shame to splash out on cables only to find they're not getting the " source " they deserve.
All the comparison options will be generously presented by Peter so it's "your" ears that matter never mind other people's opinion it's to please and satisfy you. :smt020 8) :smt023
"Cymbiosis"
Analogue Klimax LP12, Linn CD, Analogue Linn Amp, Kudos Speakers. 8) :smt023
Coyote Jim :wink:

Wenge1
Queue Moderator
Posts: 4146
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:26 pm

Re: Krystal Klub

Post by Wenge1 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:58 pm

.
Luckily my second Krystal is performing very well and sounds great - at moment at least. When everything is as it should be, the Krystal is a fantastic cart and great value for money.

Unfortunately it does now seem that it has a somewhat checkered history when it come to reliability as further buyers have reported some issues- well in my opinion it does anyway ....... :smt018

When the time comes for a replacement I will be looking elsewhere ............ :smt023
.
.
Harban 'Wenge' Cymbiosis Signature LP12, Klimax Radikal / Urika, Karmen, Tranquility, Rubikon, Ekos SE, Skale, Krystal. Sarum Super Array IC's. Chord Signature speaker cable

dCS Puccini CD Player

KK/1(D), Klimax Twin (D), ProAc Response D2's
.

Wenge1
Queue Moderator
Posts: 4146
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:26 pm

Re: Krystal Klub

Post by Wenge1 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:00 pm

Coyote Jim wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:39 am
evil_C wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:09 pm
Well, I’d like to change my interconnects. Then I’d like Peter to have a look at the stylus and cantilever. The outcome of that might influence what comes next.

Best let your ears decide about the cart none of my two had visible defects especially as both were brand new but died in performance rapidly as Peter discovered :shock:
Just because something looks ok doesn't mean it is. :smt018
Be a shame to splash out on cables only to find they're not getting the " source " they deserve.
All the comparison options will be generously presented by Peter so it's "your" ears that matter never mind other people's opinion it's to please and satisfy you. :smt020 8) :smt023

Good advice IMHO.

I personally really like the Chord interconnects but they don't come before having a cart that is performing up to snuff ....... :smt020
.
.
Harban 'Wenge' Cymbiosis Signature LP12, Klimax Radikal / Urika, Karmen, Tranquility, Rubikon, Ekos SE, Skale, Krystal. Sarum Super Array IC's. Chord Signature speaker cable

dCS Puccini CD Player

KK/1(D), Klimax Twin (D), ProAc Response D2's
.

User avatar
evil_C
Full Member
Posts: 2097
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:14 am

Re: Krystal Klub

Post by evil_C » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:50 am

Wenge1 wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:00 pm
Coyote Jim wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:39 am
evil_C wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:09 pm
Well, I’d like to change my interconnects. Then I’d like Peter to have a look at the stylus and cantilever. The outcome of that might influence what comes next.

Best let your ears decide about the cart none of my two had visible defects especially as both were brand new but died in performance rapidly as Peter discovered :shock:
Just because something looks ok doesn't mean it is. :smt018
Be a shame to splash out on cables only to find they're not getting the " source " they deserve.
All the comparison options will be generously presented by Peter so it's "your" ears that matter never mind other people's opinion it's to please and satisfy you. :smt020 8) :smt023

Good advice IMHO.

I personally really like the Chord interconnects but they don't come before having a cart that is performing up to snuff ....... :smt020
.

Note to self: always check the order of sentences before submitting the post.

User avatar
Red Chris
Full Member
Posts: 1957
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:39 pm
Location: Stretford End Lower

Re: Krystal Klub

Post by Red Chris » Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:38 pm

It is with some sadness that I have to announce my resignation from the Krystal Klub. I'm pleased to say that Ray Rapid Davis has taken on the role of Krystal Klub representative for Dorset - I wish him much happiness :smt023
Currently Cymbiosis LP12 Woodsong Wenge, Klimax Radikal/Chord Sarum T, Keel/A, Khan, Tranquility, Urika/Chord SSA, Aro, sKale, Lyra Kleos SL - Sondek owner since 1982 - the rest is Naim, Chord and Kudos 8)

Wenge1
Queue Moderator
Posts: 4146
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:26 pm

Re: Krystal Klub

Post by Wenge1 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:09 am

Red Chris wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:38 pm
It is with some sadness that I have to announce my resignation from the Krystal Klub. I'm pleased to say that Ray Rapid Davis has taken on the role of Krystal Klub representative for Dorset - I wish him much happiness :smt023

New Kleos SL in da house ................ 8)

Congrats Chris .......... :smt023
.
.
Harban 'Wenge' Cymbiosis Signature LP12, Klimax Radikal / Urika, Karmen, Tranquility, Rubikon, Ekos SE, Skale, Krystal. Sarum Super Array IC's. Chord Signature speaker cable

dCS Puccini CD Player

KK/1(D), Klimax Twin (D), ProAc Response D2's
.

User avatar
Red Chris
Full Member
Posts: 1957
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:39 pm
Location: Stretford End Lower

Re: Krystal Klub

Post by Red Chris » Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:26 pm

Yes Adam 😎

I’m very very pleased with it. Only 7 albums in so far
Currently Cymbiosis LP12 Woodsong Wenge, Klimax Radikal/Chord Sarum T, Keel/A, Khan, Tranquility, Urika/Chord SSA, Aro, sKale, Lyra Kleos SL - Sondek owner since 1982 - the rest is Naim, Chord and Kudos 8)

User avatar
FangfossFlyer
Full Member
Posts: 636
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:44 pm
Location: York, U.K.

Re: Krystal Klub

Post by FangfossFlyer » Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:44 am

Chris,

Congratulations on your new cartridge.

I am expecting to replace mine next year so will add it to my list to check it out.

As a matter of interest, and I am not sure how the Urika handles different cartridge loadings, did you have to configure any specific loadings or is it a straight ‘plug and play’ with the Urika?

I assume those with a Urika II would handle any such things as a software download for a particular cartridge whereas for me with my beloved Superline it may require different loading plugs?

All the best,

Richard
"When the music's over, Turn out the lights"
Linn LP12-Naim-B&W

HiFi Kabin : Disclaimer