la Hacienda Bio Ethanol

Everything relating to the ol' fruit box

Moderator: The Kurators

Jazz Club

Re: la Hacienda Bio Ethanol

Post by Jazz Club » Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:35 pm

shellspeed wrote:Okki Nokki
How do you apply the cleaning fluid you are using now to your records before you Vac off?

shellspeed
Full Member
Posts: 557
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:03 am

Re: la Hacienda Bio Ethanol

Post by shellspeed » Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:56 am

I made up the supplied concentrate with de-min water as prescribed and squirt a full circle of fluid while the machine turns.

I then spread it out with the goat hair brush and move it around a bit. Then suck it off :shock: for 2 rotations mopping off any over spill on the edges with a microfiber cloth.

Second hand stuff sometimes gets a second go if it’s particularly bad.

I also have some spray on stuff which smells a bit stronger from the local record store that comes with a microfiber cloth. This does not seem to work anywhere near as good as the Okki Nokki provided fluid hence me asking as its bloody expensive.

I have to say I am really impressed with how it completely eliminates static even keeping records in the original paper sleeves which some frown upon.
I even clean brand new records as some have static but also sound better once done. Maybe it’s removing something used in manufacture?
Well Keeled :smt020

User avatar
evil_C
Full Member
Posts: 2269
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:14 am

Re: la Hacienda Bio Ethanol

Post by evil_C » Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:31 pm

It is possible to obtain 99.9% pure isopropyl alcohol considerably cheaper. I think Okki Nokki recommend that used 30% with distilled water. That's what I'm going to try next as I am approaching the end of my first litre of solution made up with the bottle which came with my Okki Nokki. I think I might also add a couple of drops of Ilfotol wetting agent too.

IIRC James (Mr Onion) is an Okki Nokki user. Perhaps he would advise preferred mix?

Regards,
Clive

User avatar
Mr Onion
Site Moderator
Posts: 6393
Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:13 pm
Location: Between two Super 20's

Re: la Hacienda Bio Ethanol

Post by Mr Onion » Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:49 pm

I have been using a 50% BE mix, but as I am running out of the BE I was looking for the alternatives.

I was using IPA (NO, not Indian Pale Ale :roll: ) before the BE, and the BE is shed loads better IMHO
James
_________________

Fluted Afro LP12, Khan, KEEL, Cirkus, Tranquillity, Urika, Radikal (with Allium Skin Mods), EKOS SE/1, sKale, DVXX-2mkII
Consonance Ref 2.2 Linear (upgraded) with Marigo Lab Aida CD Mat
NACish 72, NAPish 250, Kudos Super 20's

User avatar
evil_C
Full Member
Posts: 2269
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:14 am

Re: la Hacienda Bio Ethanol

Post by evil_C » Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:58 pm

Oh, sorry. I hadn't realised that it was you who'd actually started the thread. If you do try the IMS stuff which Stu recommends, I'd be pleased to know how you get on with it. Curiously, I note that it's only 70% pure. I can only assume that the other 30% is distilled water.

User avatar
Mr Onion
Site Moderator
Posts: 6393
Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:13 pm
Location: Between two Super 20's

Re: la Hacienda Bio Ethanol

Post by Mr Onion » Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:00 pm

Yes, thats one of the things I was going to check with the supplier.
James
_________________

Fluted Afro LP12, Khan, KEEL, Cirkus, Tranquillity, Urika, Radikal (with Allium Skin Mods), EKOS SE/1, sKale, DVXX-2mkII
Consonance Ref 2.2 Linear (upgraded) with Marigo Lab Aida CD Mat
NACish 72, NAPish 250, Kudos Super 20's

User avatar
FangfossFlyer
Full Member
Posts: 659
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:44 pm
Location: York, U.K.

Re: la Hacienda Bio Ethanol

Post by FangfossFlyer » Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:26 pm

evil_C wrote:Oh, sorry. I hadn't realised that it was you who'd actually started the thread. If you do try the IMS stuff which Stu recommends, I'd be pleased to know how you get on with it. Curiously, I note that it's only 70% pure. I can only assume that the other 30% is distilled water.
Yes I believe it is 70% IMS and 30% distilled water.

So to make a 50:50 IMS mix add 40 units of distilled water to every 100 units of purchased IMS (at 70%). Which is what I use when I am using IMS.

Richard
"When the music's over, Turn out the lights"
Linn LP12-Naim-B&W

Jazz Club

Re: la Hacienda Bio Ethanol

Post by Jazz Club » Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:22 pm

Richard,
Now you have had your Image for a while and got used to it.
How long does it take to clean a side?
How have you got on with the RCM high box side design ie have you found them at all restrictive?

User avatar
FangfossFlyer
Full Member
Posts: 659
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:44 pm
Location: York, U.K.

Re: la Hacienda Bio Ethanol

Post by FangfossFlyer » Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:09 pm

Hi,

Yes I have been using the KM Disc0veryOne for sometime now and I am very pleased with it.

Very quite and does a great job.

It takes less than a minute per side to vacuum clean and dry.

I have found no problem with what you can the high box sides... in fact I never noticed until you mentioned it!

The only slight down side with it is the overall size which is slightly bigger than I thought. So I have customised it with a set of castor wheels such that I can wheel it in and out from under my study table in the room where I keep my LPs.

So it all works really well and I am very happy.

Richard
"When the music's over, Turn out the lights"
Linn LP12-Naim-B&W

Jazz Club

Re: la Hacienda Bio Ethanol

Post by Jazz Club » Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:19 am

FangfossFlyer wrote:Hi,

Yes I have been using the KM Disc0veryOne for sometime now and I am very pleased with it.

Very quite and does a great job.

It takes less than a minute per side to vacuum clean and dry.

I have found no problem with what you can the high box sides... in fact I never noticed until you mentioned it!

The only slight down side with it is the overall size which is slightly bigger than I thought. So I have customised it with a set of castor wheels such that I can wheel it in and out from under my study table in the room where I keep my LPs.

So it all works really well and I am very happy.

Richard
Richard,
Glad you are happy with it.
Dr Steve just mailed me to say he's still using a straight 50 50 IMS Water Mix. :smt023

HiFi Kabin : Disclaimer