Come On Spill The Beans?

Everything relating to the ol' fruit box

Moderator: The Kurators

Sammy the Strat

Re: Come On Spill The Beans?

Post by Sammy the Strat » Tue May 03, 2016 10:13 am

Jazz Club wrote: I had to open mine to do the Klymax upgrade at home a few years ago.
Before anyone asks?
Its a easy thing to DIY as long as you know what you are doing and have the Earth straps wrist band mat and right tools for the job.
Hi Stu, I love a bit of Hifi diy. How does one perform a diy Klimax upgrade? Surely you would need a machined from solid Alu ingot case at the very least?

You've got my interest piqued!

Jazz Club

Post by Jazz Club » Fri May 06, 2016 11:04 am

Sammy the Strat wrote:
Jazz Club wrote: I had to open mine to do the Dynamik upgrade at home a few years ago.
Before anyone asks?
Its a easy thing to DIY as long as you know what you are doing and have the Earth straps wrist band mat and right tools for the job.
Hi Stu, I love a bit of Hifi diy. How does one perform a diy klymax upgrade? Surely you would need a machined from solid Alu ingot case at the very least?

Steve,
I meant the Dynamik upgrade.

Sammy the Strat

Post by Sammy the Strat » Fri May 06, 2016 1:41 pm

Jazz Club wrote:
Sammy the Strat wrote:
Jazz Club wrote: I had to open mine to do the Dynamik upgrade at home a few years ago.
Before anyone asks?
Hi Stu, I love a bit of Hifi diy. How does one perform a diy klymax upgrade? Surely you would need a machined from solid Alu ingot case at the very least?

Steve,
I meant the Dynamik upgrade.
Ahh, the penny drops.

Mr Fixit
Trade Member

Post by Mr Fixit » Sat May 07, 2016 2:49 pm

red kite wrote:
Wenge1 wrote:
red kite wrote:
dan steel wrote:
Coyote Jim wrote:Debbie.
Youre exaktly correct all Klimax boards in everything are upside down.
Lovely case well worth the Klimax moniker.
I don't know why they had to mount the Akurate Dynamik on its side. :shock:
Jim,
Does it matter how they mount the boards, so long as the the sound is fine. How many people take the covers off, doesn't it validate the warranty :roll:
I agree Jim, they're like a bunch of blokes with a bonnet up, gawping at the engine while they stand there scratching their nuts :g-giggle:

However, i was curious to know why the mains power plugs into different hand sides, and this does affect my cable dress arrangement.

This from a gal who was posting loads of pics of bits of her car she was doing up (before and after)and even posted a "which bit of my car is this pic" ... :roll: .... :smt023
Interesting thread guys. I did the demo for Clive yesterday and he had no problem hearing the improvements a Klimax brings!

I'm glad my car engine isn't upside-down and attached to the underside of the bonnet! :g-rolleyes:
I'm just glad I have my car!........ Declared summer yesterday and today.....and a great way to blow the cobwebs away... Any excuse 8)

[ external image ]

KR

Peter
Email: peter@cymbiosis.com
Web: http://www.cymbiosis.com

Coyote Jim
Site Moderator

Post by Coyote Jim » Sat May 07, 2016 3:27 pm

Mr Fixit wrote: I'm just glad I have my car!........ Declared summer yesterday and today.....and a great way to blow the cobwebs away... Any excuse 8)
[ external image ]
KR
Peter
Couldn't resist a comparison like the old Linn ads.
[ external image ]
Most Boy Racers. :roll:

[ external image ]
Quality Boy Racers. :smt005
"Cymbiosis"
Analogue Klimax LP12, Linn CD, Analogue Linn Amp, Kudos Speakers. 8) :smt023
Coyote Jim :wink:

Mr Fixit
Trade Member

Post by Mr Fixit » Sat May 07, 2016 4:12 pm

ooops! I took her shopping to Morrison's last night - No racing but the old girl did receive a fair bit of interest :oops:

red kite

Post by red kite » Sat May 07, 2016 7:54 pm

Mr Fixit wrote: I'm just glad I have my car!........ Declared summer yesterday and today.....and a great way to blow the cobwebs away... Any excuse 8)
Peter
It's Summer?

that explains why it's raining so hard :g-giggle:

Yesterday i took the winter wheels off and put the summer wheels on :g-thumb:

[ external image ]

Jazz Club

Post by Jazz Club » Sun May 08, 2016 5:05 pm

Debs,
Looks really nice in that light.
You should take one of your new bike next to it. :smt023

Jazz Club

Post by Jazz Club » Sun May 08, 2016 5:12 pm

Mr Fixit wrote:ooops! I took her shopping to Morrison's last night - No racing but the old girl did receive a fair bit of interest :oops:
Peter,
How long have you had it for now?

Mr Fixit
Trade Member

Post by Mr Fixit » Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:22 pm

Sammy the Strat wrote:
Jazz Club wrote:Peter,
Is the tangerine full metal jacket doing anything for you?
That's a very interesting question.
http://forums.linn.co.uk/bb/showthread. ... #pid398263

My post earlier on the Linn Forum copied and pasted as I've suddenly got a few extra things to do this afternoon :shock:
'paulski' :
Right, apparently it’s really nice outside but sod it, I’m going to go back to being gobsmacked, stunned and flabbergasted for the rest of the day.

(I wrote the above a couple of hours ago and, after reading it through, thought I’d better contemplate a little whilst mowing the lawn and doing other sundry chores (I was coerced). I was concerned that I might be being a little sensationalist but, on reflection, I stand by everything I wrote).

Did I mention I was gobsmacked?

I haven't mentioned yet that I'm really sorry :(

I've been really busy lately and then personal commitments in Wales and Scotland last week again delayed me writing about the Stiletto. However, don't take this as a lack of interest or excitement.... No way!

Mark and Derek actually visited me in early March with one, shortly before I headed off to Hong Kong to visit some LP12 clients. On my return just under two weeks later I had my Stiletto box and around 20 LP12s waiting for me! Suffice to say that with client appointments too, this kept me very occupied and although I was itching to set up a deck with the Stiletto for demo. One always puts one's clients first and so the Stiletto remained in it's box..... Until mid May! :( Blame the Krystal and Klimax Radikal in particular for this if you wish! :cool:

Anyway, to the opening:

[ external image ]

Serious packaging including a double box, just like the LP12.

[ external image ]

And in the jig!!

[ external image ]

There's some really neat stuff going on inside the box... Nice.

Here's a close-up of the hinge mounting points that also shows the quality of the finish of the Stiletto:

[ external image ]

I know most of my 3rd Party upgrade decks on demo are set-up broadly to Akurate specification with Akitos and Lingos, but hearing the Stiletto and being respectful of the £4900.00 price tag and what it is attempting to do..... Raise the bar still further! I knew I would need a broadly Klimax specification LP12. That's quite a big ask, yet again. As I had 17 other LP12s on demo already, but if you are going to do this, you must do it right so as the demonstrations are useful and of benefit to prospective clients.

Radikal.

[ external image ]

After an afternoon in the jig it was ready to run overnight and I was ready to go home. As it turned out, she was in the jig about four days before I had chance to take her into the demo room. - To be continued...........

[ external image ]

KR

Peter

HiFi Kabin : Disclaimer