Come On Spill The Beans?

Everything relating to the ol' fruit box

Moderator: The Kurators

User avatar
Mr Fixit
Trade Member
Posts: 843
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:52 am

Re: Come On Spill The Beans?

Post by Mr Fixit » Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:35 pm

Shame the page flipped! Do take a look at P11 please............!
Jazz Club wrote:
Mr Fixit wrote:ooops! I took her shopping to Morrison's last night - No racing but the old girl did receive a fair bit of interest :oops:
Peter,
How long have you had it for now?
Just spotted your question on my Sunbeam Stu: I brought her in February 1983!! She was just 18 months old then.

OMG!!!! 33 1/3 years ago!!! :smt009 :smt017 :roll:
Email: peter@cymbiosis.com
Web: http://www.cymbiosis.com
Skype: peteratcymbiosis

Jazz Club

Re: Come On Spill The Beans?

Post by Jazz Club » Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:39 pm

Peter,
What's the price of it inc VAT ?
Do you know what the weight of it is compared to a quality Linn or CH wood plinth?

User avatar
Mr Onion
Site Moderator
Posts: 6393
Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:13 pm
Location: Between two Super 20's

Re: Come On Spill The Beans?

Post by Mr Onion » Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:57 pm

Jazz Club wrote:Peter,
What's the price of it inc VAT ?
Do you know what the weight of it is compared to a quality Linn or CH wood plinth?
£4K IIRC
James
_________________

Fluted Afro LP12, Khan, KEEL, Cirkus, Tranquillity, Urika, Radikal (with Allium Skin Mods), EKOS SE/1, sKale, DVXX-2mkII
Consonance Ref 2.2 Linear (upgraded) with Marigo Lab Aida CD Mat
NACish 72, NAPish 250, Kudos Super 20's

User avatar
Coyote Jim
Site Moderator
Posts: 8269
Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:18 pm
Location: "In The Groove"

Re: Come On Spill The Beans?

Post by Coyote Jim » Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:09 pm

Mr Onion wrote:
Jazz Club wrote:Peter,
What's the price of it inc VAT ?
Do you know what the weight of it is compared to a quality Linn or CH wood plinth?
£4K IIRC
:shock: £4900 :smt045 :smt043
"Cymbiosis"
Klimax LP12, Linn CD, Linn Amp, Kudos Speakers.
Coyote Jim :wink:

Jazz Club

Re: Come On Spill The Beans?

Post by Jazz Club » Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:31 pm

Coyote Jim wrote:
Mr Onion wrote:
Jazz Club wrote:Peter,
What's the price of it inc VAT ?
Do you know what the weight of it is compared to a quality Linn or CH wood plinth?
£4K IIRC
:shock: £4900 :smt045 :smt043
Being metal, One should be able to bolt it straight on to a wall with out the need for a wall shelf. :smt020

User avatar
FangfossFlyer
Full Member
Posts: 659
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:44 pm
Location: York, U.K.

Re: Come On Spill The Beans?

Post by FangfossFlyer » Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:54 pm

Peter,

The pictures look great!

Your comment "....hearing the Stiletto and being respectful of the £4900.00 price tag and what it is attempting to do..... Raise the bar still further!" is very intriguing.

What is it that you think it does and more importantly what is it that you like that raises the bar?

Is it the end of the good old wooden plinth, is it still an LP12?

All the best,

Richard

p.s. So now I have possibly a Stiletto to add to my list of things I would like to hear!
"When the music's over, Turn out the lights"
Linn LP12-Naim-B&W

Jazz Club

Re: Come On Spill The Beans?

Post by Jazz Club » Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:15 pm

FangfossFlyer wrote:Peter,

The pictures look great!

Your comment "....hearing the Stiletto and being respectful of the £4900.00 price tag and what it is attempting to do..... Raise the bar still further!" is very intriguing.

What is it that you think it does and more importantly what is it that you like that raises the bar?

Is it the end of the good old wooden plinth, is it still an LP12?

All the best,

Richard

p.s. So now I have possibly a Stiletto to add to my list of things I would like to hear!
Richard,
You wont get a answer other than go and listen to one and make your own mind up. :smt018
I will say it sounds better than that horrid Bamboo plinth. :smt036

User avatar
FangfossFlyer
Full Member
Posts: 659
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:44 pm
Location: York, U.K.

Re: Come On Spill The Beans?

Post by FangfossFlyer » Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:54 pm

So you have heard and compared it. Are you able to comment?
"When the music's over, Turn out the lights"
Linn LP12-Naim-B&W

User avatar
Mr Onion
Site Moderator
Posts: 6393
Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:13 pm
Location: Between two Super 20's

Re: Come On Spill The Beans?

Post by Mr Onion » Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:23 pm

Coyote Jim wrote:
Mr Onion wrote:
Jazz Club wrote:Peter,
What's the price of it inc VAT ?
Do you know what the weight of it is compared to a quality Linn or CH wood plinth?
£4K IIRC
:shock: £4900 :smt045 :smt043
Well, I got the £4k bit right :roll:

I guess its a 'do everything else first' type upgrade
James
_________________

Fluted Afro LP12, Khan, KEEL, Cirkus, Tranquillity, Urika, Radikal (with Allium Skin Mods), EKOS SE/1, sKale, DVXX-2mkII
Consonance Ref 2.2 Linear (upgraded) with Marigo Lab Aida CD Mat
NACish 72, NAPish 250, Kudos Super 20's

Jazz Club

Re: Come On Spill The Beans?

Post by Jazz Club » Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:18 pm

FangfossFlyer wrote:So you have heard and compared it. Are you able to comment?
Richard,
I know a few people that heard it well before Peter.
All sorry to say,Said it sounded good.
That said I only trust a few friends ears when it comes to these things. :smt018
Its a well known fact across many forums, I cant stand Mark tangerine so will never buy one.
No problem with Del,He's a nice bloke. :smt023

HiFi Kabin : Disclaimer