Come On Spill The Beans?

Everything relating to the ol' fruit box

Moderator: The Kurators

User avatar
Coyote Jim
Site Moderator
Posts: 7734
Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:18 pm
Location: "In The Groove"

Re: Come On Spill The Beans?

Post by Coyote Jim » Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:38 pm

All that metal :roll:
No pressure on the wall shelf. :shock:
Maybe they'll do super fold down legs to take the strain. :oops:
image.jpeg
Stiletto Stabiliser. 8) :smt023
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Cymbiosis"
Analogue Klimax LP12, Linn CD, Analogue Linn Amp, Kudos Speakers. 8) :smt023
Coyote Jim :wink:

User avatar
Red Chris
Full Member
Posts: 1957
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:39 pm
Location: Stretford End Lower

Re: Come On Spill The Beans?

Post by Red Chris » Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:07 am

Mr Fixit wrote:
Sammy the Strat wrote:
Jazz Club wrote:Peter, is the tangerine full metal jacket doing anything for you?
That's a very interesting question.
I know most of my 3rd Party upgrade decks on demo are set-up broadly to Akurate specification with Akitos and Lingos, but hearing the Stiletto and being respectful of the £4900.00 price tag and what it is attempting to do..... Raise the bar still further! I knew I would need a broadly Klimax specification LP12. That's quite a big ask, yet again. As I had 17 other LP12s on demo already, but if you are going to do this, you must do it right so as the demonstrations are useful and of benefit to prospective clients.

[ external image ]

To be continued...........
I'm looking forward to the continuation :smt023
Currently Cymbiosis LP12 Woodsong Wenge, Klimax Radikal/Chord Sarum T, Keel/A, Khan, Tranquility, Urika/Chord SSA, Aro, sKale, Lyra Kleos SL - Sondek owner since 1982 - the rest is Naim, Chord and Kudos 8)

User avatar
evil_C
Full Member
Posts: 1996
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:14 am

Re: Come On Spill The Beans?

Post by evil_C » Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:20 am

:smt009
Red Chris wrote:
Mr Fixit wrote:
Sammy the Strat wrote:
Jazz Club wrote:Peter, is the tangerine full metal jacket doing anything for you?
That's a very interesting question.
I know most of my 3rd Party upgrade decks on demo are set-up broadly to Akurate specification with Akitos and Lingos, but hearing the Stiletto and being respectful of the £4900.00 price tag and what it is attempting to do..... Raise the bar still further! I knew I would need a broadly Klimax specification LP12. That's quite a big ask, yet again. As I had 17 other LP12s on demo already, but if you are going to do this, you must do it right so as the demonstrations are useful and of benefit to prospective clients.

[ external image ]

To be continued...........
I'm looking forward to the continuation :smt023
Aren't we all? But I'm wondering why if Peter was aiming for a no holds barred top spec LP12 he didn't fit an Aro?

(Runs for cover!)

User avatar
Red Chris
Full Member
Posts: 1957
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:39 pm
Location: Stretford End Lower

Re: Come On Spill The Beans?

Post by Red Chris » Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:29 am

.... but that would have involved an Aro and a Lyra Atlas - but at least the Ekos SE can give a flavour of what can be achieved :wink:
Currently Cymbiosis LP12 Woodsong Wenge, Klimax Radikal/Chord Sarum T, Keel/A, Khan, Tranquility, Urika/Chord SSA, Aro, sKale, Lyra Kleos SL - Sondek owner since 1982 - the rest is Naim, Chord and Kudos 8)

Wenge1
Queue Moderator
Posts: 4062
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:26 pm

Re: Come On Spill The Beans?

Post by Wenge1 » Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:37 am

evil_C wrote::smt009
Red Chris wrote:
Mr Fixit wrote:
Sammy the Strat wrote:
Jazz Club wrote:Peter, is the tangerine full metal jacket doing anything for you?
That's a very interesting question.
I know most of my 3rd Party upgrade decks on demo are set-up broadly to Akurate specification with Akitos and Lingos, but hearing the Stiletto and being respectful of the £4900.00 price tag and what it is attempting to do..... Raise the bar still further! I knew I would need a broadly Klimax specification LP12. That's quite a big ask, yet again. As I had 17 other LP12s on demo already, but if you are going to do this, you must do it right so as the demonstrations are useful and of benefit to prospective clients.

[ external image ]

To be continued...........
I'm looking forward to the continuation :smt023
Aren't we all? But I'm wondering why if Peter was aiming for a no holds barred top spec LP12 he didn't fit an Aro?

(Runs for cover!)
.
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :smt018
.
.
Harban 'Wenge' Cymbiosis Signature LP12, Klimax Radikal / Urika, Karmen, Tranquility, Rubikon, Ekos SE, Skale, Krystal. Sarum Super Array IC's. Chord Signature speaker cable

dCS Puccini CD Player

KK/1(D), Klimax Twin (D), ProAc Response D2's
.

User avatar
Red Chris
Full Member
Posts: 1957
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:39 pm
Location: Stretford End Lower

Re: Come On Spill The Beans?

Post by Red Chris » Sun Aug 14, 2016 11:23 am

Also he probably decided to put an Akiva out to pasture on it - so would not need to frequently change cartridges :smt036
Currently Cymbiosis LP12 Woodsong Wenge, Klimax Radikal/Chord Sarum T, Keel/A, Khan, Tranquility, Urika/Chord SSA, Aro, sKale, Lyra Kleos SL - Sondek owner since 1982 - the rest is Naim, Chord and Kudos 8)

User avatar
Mr Fixit
Trade Member
Posts: 841
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:52 am

Re: Come On Spill The Beans?

Post by Mr Fixit » Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:18 am

evil_C wrote::smt009
Red Chris wrote: I'm looking forward to the continuation :smt023
Aren't we all? But I'm wondering why if Peter was aiming for a no holds barred top spec LP12 he didn't fit an Aro?

(Runs for cover!)
I don't have any Aros spare sadly :cry:
Email: peter@cymbiosis.com
Web: http://www.cymbiosis.com
Skype: peteratcymbiosis

User avatar
Mr Fixit
Trade Member
Posts: 841
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:52 am

Re: Come On Spill The Beans?

Post by Mr Fixit » Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:26 am

Red Chris wrote:Also he probably decided to put an Akiva out to pasture on it - so would not need to frequently change cartridges :smt036
Many clients are still using Akivas and I have six on demo, so I thought it appropriate to use one and save by not fitting a Kandid given I'd already shelled out on a Radikal, Urika, Keel and Ekos Se/1 just to have the Stiletto on demo.

With notice I could fit something else, but having an Akiva works when comparing just one variable at a time as I do have a standard Klimax deck with Akiva, another with a Kandid and then another fitted with Super Sarums (also Akiva). just having one variable means it's easier for clients to hear the differences/upgrades.

KR

Peter
Email: peter@cymbiosis.com
Web: http://www.cymbiosis.com
Skype: peteratcymbiosis

Jazz Club

Re: Come On Spill The Beans?

Post by Jazz Club » Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:32 am

evil_C wrote::smt009
Red Chris wrote:
Mr Fixit wrote:
Sammy the Strat wrote:
Jazz Club wrote:Peter, is the tangerine full metal jacket doing anything for you?
That's a very interesting question.
I know most of my 3rd Party upgrade decks on demo are set-up broadly to Akurate specification with Akitos and Lingos, but hearing the Stiletto and being respectful of the £4900.00 price tag and what it is attempting to do..... Raise the bar still further! I knew I would need a broadly Klimax specification LP12. That's quite a big ask, yet again. As I had 17 other LP12s on demo already, but if you are going to do this, you must do it right so as the demonstrations are useful and of benefit to prospective clients.

[ external image ]

To be continued...........
I'm looking forward to the continuation :smt023
Aren't we all? But I'm wondering why if Peter was aiming for a no holds barred top spec LP12 he didn't fit an Aro?

(Runs for cover!)
its not a LP12 .
It's a aftermarket mettle box that's made to look like one. :smt018

User avatar
Red Chris
Full Member
Posts: 1957
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:39 pm
Location: Stretford End Lower

Re: Come On Spill The Beans?

Post by Red Chris » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:22 pm

Jazz Club wrote:It's not a LP12. It's a aftermarket metal box that's made to look like one. :smt018
At least it is made to look like an exceptionally gorgeous one :smt023
Currently Cymbiosis LP12 Woodsong Wenge, Klimax Radikal/Chord Sarum T, Keel/A, Khan, Tranquility, Urika/Chord SSA, Aro, sKale, Lyra Kleos SL - Sondek owner since 1982 - the rest is Naim, Chord and Kudos 8)

HiFi Kabin : Disclaimer