Tiger Paw sKale

Everything relating to the ol' fruit box

Moderator: The Kurators

FangfossFlyer

Re: Tiger Paw sKale

Post by FangfossFlyer » Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:10 pm

Jazz Club wrote:
Red Chris wrote:I think Ray should ask Peter to reserve the gorgeous Walnut plinth for him :wink:
Chris,
Ray could spend that money on better upgrades than a plinth.
Now there is an interesting comment.... I have always wondered where renewing/upgrading a wooden plinth lies in the so called upgrade hierarchy of things.

I would love a nice new black plinth but always have something else to spend my pennies on in terms of upgrades... the Stiletto may changes things - if ever I get to hear one that is never mind a home loan!

Richard
"When the music's over, Turn out the lights"
Linn LP12-Naim-B&W

Jazz Club

Post by Jazz Club » Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:24 pm

FangfossFlyer wrote:
Jazz Club wrote:
Red Chris wrote:I think Ray should ask Peter to reserve the gorgeous Walnut plinth for him :wink:
Chris,
Ray could spend that money on better upgrades than a plinth.
Now there is an interesting comment.... I have always wondered where renewing/upgrading a wooden plinth lies in the so called upgrade hierarchy of things.

I would love a nice new black plinth but always have something else to spend my pennies on in terms of upgrades... the Stiletto may changes things - if ever I get to hear one that is never mind a home loan!

Richard
Richard,
I've got a nice new Black Linn plinth sitting at Peters along with a Kristal.
I ordered the new plinth as part of Linns 15% off deal when the Kristal was released.
It made sense as mine is the only original part left thats not been replaced and i have nothing else on the deck to upgrade. :smt023

Red Chris

Post by Red Chris » Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:50 pm

If I had a black plinth I would want to change it for another colour personally. I wouldn't buy a new black one - unless perhaps it were a Stiletto 8) - no probably not even then :roll:

I also think that, if I were Ray, I would get more pleasure from a Simon Price walnut plinth than any equivalent price upgrade - except perhaps a very keenly priced pre-loved Radikal (assuming Lingo 3 trade-in) :D
Currently Cymbiosis LP12 Woodsong Wenge, Klimax Radikal/Chord Sarum T, Keel/A, Khan, Tranquility, Urika/Chord SSA, Aro, sKale, Lyra Kleos SL - Sondek owner since 1982 - the rest is Naim, Chord and Kudos 8)

Jazz Club

Post by Jazz Club » Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:45 pm

Red Chris wrote:If I had a black plinth I would want to change it for another colour personally. I wouldn't buy a new black one - unless perhaps it were a Stiletto 8) - no probably not even then :roll:

I also think that, if I were Ray, I would get more pleasure from a Simon Price walnut plinth than any equivalent price upgrade - except perhaps a very keenly priced pre-loved Radikal (assuming Lingo 3 trade-in) :D
Chris,
Good job your not a dealer. :roll:
I didn't realise you had a plinth pleasure fetish thing going on. :roll:
Its nothing new in your line of work, Solicitors get caught every day of the week at lunch time :lol:
I personally think Wenge plinths look bloody awful and would never want one even as a free gift from Chris.
I don't like Steve's Curly Maple and i've told him it looks like fur fabric.
If we all liked the same this world would be a harder place to live in.
My racks are all black and the kit that sits on them are black and wall shelves are black.
My LP racks are black as are my CD wall shelves .
My SL2s are black.
I'm a white man in a black world.
I'm going to court with this. :smt013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TYlcVN ... TYlcVNI2AM

ray davis

Post by ray davis » Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:46 pm

Red Chris wrote:If I had a black plinth I would want to change it for another colour personally. I wouldn't buy a new black one - unless perhaps it were a Stiletto 8) - no probably not even then :roll:

mind reading your speciality.

ray davis

Post by ray davis » Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:51 pm

okay Ray has a plan and has decided.........................when a radikal becomes available......i will have it, so i reckon new plinth in one visit.then i got teased so much Saturday looking at the Kristal.......the price was unbelievable.

Red Chris

Post by Red Chris » Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:09 pm

Jazz Club wrote: I didn't realise you had a plinth pleasure fetish thing going on. :roll:
Its nothing new in your line of work, Solicitors get caught every day of the week at lunch time :lol:
I personally think Wenge plinths look bloody awful and would never want one even as a free gift
I thought you might say something like that Stu :wink: :smt058
Currently Cymbiosis LP12 Woodsong Wenge, Klimax Radikal/Chord Sarum T, Keel/A, Khan, Tranquility, Urika/Chord SSA, Aro, sKale, Lyra Kleos SL - Sondek owner since 1982 - the rest is Naim, Chord and Kudos 8)

Jazz Club

Post by Jazz Club » Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:27 pm

Red Chris wrote:
Jazz Club wrote: I didn't realise you had a plinth pleasure fetish thing going on. :roll:
I personally think Wenge plinths look bloody awful and would never want one even as a free gift
Chris,
I hope others reading this realise Its just fun banter between years old forum friends? :smt023

Mr Fixit
Trade Member

Post by Mr Fixit » Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:41 am

Red Chris wrote:
ray davis wrote: the new plinths were stunning i have fallen in love with the walnut one.
The Simon Price plinths that Peter had available were truly beautiful - I also liked the walnut, one of them in particular :) - but not enough to tempt me from my Woodsong Wenge 8)

If I were buying now I'm not sure that I could justify to myself paying the price difference between the two even though (to my untrained eye) the Harban plinths are better finished with a lustre that I particularly like and they do have to travel a long way.

I suppose the good news though is that potential plinth purchasers have a wider choice :smt023
Yes, that's the idea. Hand made and only £175 more than the standard Linn plinth. Other woods possible in addition to the ones I have at present.

Glad you liked them.

KR

Peter
Email: peter@cymbiosis.com
Web: http://www.cymbiosis.com

Mr Fixit
Trade Member

Post by Mr Fixit » Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:50 am

Jazz Club wrote:
Red Chris wrote:
Chris,
I hope others reading this realise Its just fun banter between years old forum friends? :smt023
So do I! Anyway, black kit is right for you, so great :smt023

All I do is just let people make up their own minds.... I'm happy with that.

Anyway, just getting all packed up for Le Mans and the 3 hour drive to the Tunnel first. Need to wake Tom in a bit but he didn't arrive here until 2am, something about a being at a concert in London! 8)

KR

Peter
Email: peter@cymbiosis.com
Web: http://www.cymbiosis.com

HiFi Kabin : Disclaimer