Tiger Paw sKale

Everything relating to the ol' fruit box

Moderator: The Kurators

Red Chris

Re: Tiger Paw sKale

Post by Red Chris » Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:31 pm

Wenge1 wrote: Checked out their web site; looks good ..... :smt020
.... and very nice guys too :smt023
Currently Cymbiosis LP12 Woodsong Wenge, Klimax Radikal/Chord Sarum T, Keel/A, Khan, Tranquility, Urika/Chord SSA, Aro, sKale, Lyra Kleos SL - Sondek owner since 1982 - the rest is Naim, Chord and Kudos 8)

Jazz Club

Post by Jazz Club » Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:29 am

Signals put on a really good weekend Audio Show every year. :smt023

Red Chris

Post by Red Chris » Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:13 am

If I recall correctly they were planning not to do the show the same way this year but to do a series of smaller events at their new premises when they move into them.
Last edited by Red Chris on Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Currently Cymbiosis LP12 Woodsong Wenge, Klimax Radikal/Chord Sarum T, Keel/A, Khan, Tranquility, Urika/Chord SSA, Aro, sKale, Lyra Kleos SL - Sondek owner since 1982 - the rest is Naim, Chord and Kudos 8)

Jazz Club

Post by Jazz Club » Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:32 pm

Red Chris wrote:If I recall correctly they were planning not to do the show the same way this year but to do a series of smaller events at their new premises
Chris,
I didn't know Alastair had moved to new premises.

Red Chris

Post by Red Chris » Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:58 pm

Stu - they haven't actually moved yet - if you look at the webiste it says that "A liberating move to a new dedicated facility is still in the planning stages. We have, however, purchased the building"

http://www.signalshifi.com/uncategorize ... e-we-done/

Jazz Club

Post by Jazz Club » Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:14 pm

Red Chris wrote:Stu - they haven't actually moved yet - if you look at the webiste it says that "A liberating move to a new dedicated facility is still in the planning stages. We have, however, purchased the building"

Chris,
Alastair has just mailed me.
They only had rubbish dates available for this year.
They have Trinity park booked for September 1st and 2nd next year 2017 8)

Red Chris

Post by Red Chris » Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:14 pm

Jazz Club wrote: They have Trinity Park booked for September 1st and 2nd next year 2017 8)
Sounds ideal for a road trip / Kabin get-together :D

SeptemberSong

Post by SeptemberSong » Sun Jul 31, 2016 3:56 pm

Red Chris wrote:
Jazz Club wrote: They have Trinity Park booked for September 1st and 2nd next year 2017 8)
Sounds ideal for a road trip / Kabin get-together :D
:smt023

Mr Fixit
Trade Member

Post by Mr Fixit » Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:11 pm

SeptemberSong wrote:I've just fitted a sKale to my Roksan Nima in place of its own 130g counterweight. The sKale counterweight is 140g and I had to add the supplied 20g extra weight in order to get it about 5mm away from the yoke. It was way off with the Nima weight. I'm using a Linn Krystal cartridge. No idea why Roksan don't offer a heavier weight of their own.

The results are not subtle.
I have tried and tried and tried with Roksan on the counterweight being too light and also the supply of a right-angled arm-lead but absolutely no joy - I have to go through Henley Designs and they are great BTW. Really try to be helpful.
However, I did manage to get the orientation of the plug mod to the Nima sorted out a while ago, which allows for the standard Roksan pin orientation to be rotated 180 degrees so if an old Linn cable is used, at least it won't foul on the plinth!

The other thing with the Nima is that the single "O" ring on their weight means the weight can sag on the shaft a little too. The Tiger Paw Skale now with twin "O" rings is also better in this respect too.

KR

Peter
Email: peter@cymbiosis.com
Web: http://www.cymbiosis.com

Mr Fixit
Trade Member

Post by Mr Fixit » Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:18 pm

Red Chris wrote:Stu - they haven't actually moved yet - if you look at the webiste it says that "A liberating move to a new dedicated facility is still in the planning stages. We have, however, purchased the building"

Fantastic! A move from the bungalow is exactly what was needed. However, I think they are very brave to buy with out having planning permission first :shock: This was the thing that cased me more hassle and exasperation than anything else. Parish Councillors can be extremely difficult to deal with on occasions, planning officers too, but there again if the building is local, then the benefit to the community will hopefully be obvious. I wish Alistair the best of luck.

KR

Peter
Email: peter@cymbiosis.com
Web: http://www.cymbiosis.com

HiFi Kabin : Disclaimer