Trampolin

Everything relating to the ol' fruit box

Moderator: The Kurators

Jazz Club

Re: Trampolin

Post by Jazz Club » Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:36 am

Sammy the Strat wrote:
Jazz Club wrote:Steve,
I would use your mana stand for the lp12 and Radikal.
Save yourself a load of messing about and money.
Jeez Louise Stu it was you told me to get it all off the Mana and separated, remember you muppet! LOL

Overall the SQ has improved but the turntable should be better.

I hoping the tramp will do the job.

PS can you get a date sorted with Peter for your cartridge so I can have the Tramp please. Yeah do that and stop giving me a hard time. Ha ha only love for yuh Stu!
Steve,
I actually said get the pile of stacked on top of each other naim and linn boxes out of your two shelf Mana stand. :roll:
Organise your own tramp fitting date with Peter.
I've got a lot going on here and the fitting of my new cartridge is at the bottom of my things to do list at the mo.

Sammy the Strat

Post by Sammy the Strat » Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:41 am

Jazz Club wrote:
Sammy the Strat wrote:
Jazz Club wrote:Steve,
I would use your mana stand for the lp12 and Radikal.
Save yourself a load of messing about and money.
Jeez Louise Stu it was you told me to get it all off the Mana and separated, remember you muppet! LOL

Overall the SQ has improved but the turntable should be better.

I hoping the tramp will do the job.

PS can you get a date sorted with Peter for your cartridge so I can have the Tramp please. Yeah do that and stop giving me a hard time. Ha ha only love for yuh Stu!
Steve,
I actually said get the pile of stacked on top of each other naim and linn boxes out of your two shelf Mana stand. :roll:
Organise your own tramp fitting date with Peter.
I've got a lot going on here and the fitting of my new cartridge is at the bottom of my things to do list at the mo.
Anything we can help with buddy?

Sammy the Strat

Re: Trampolin now Mana'erd

Post by Sammy the Strat » Sun May 01, 2016 9:52 am

Morning all. So the project was a complete success.

I bonded the upside down nylock nuts into the Sound Org stand holes. Not sure what the corner holes were for but they were just what I needed. In went the domed spikes and then I set the height and nipped up the nuts leaving just the right hand corner to do. Popped on the new piece of Mana type glass on which I had bonded some dampening strips just like my Mana glass. Tuning the glass was really quick as I've done it a zillion times. Once I had all four corners Tinking the same and a lovely drum like tonk from the middle I was done. Put the LP12 back in place and did a final bubble level check. All perfect. Spun up Fourplay, cued the Aro and sat back.

Stupid big moronic grin creeps across face! Bang on. The sound was quick, upbeat, lean and powerful. The SOrg closed in sound was gone a long with that horrible bass bloom and overall wall of thickness. Snares really snapped, cymbals shimmered instead of tizzing. And above all it passed tune dem in spades and was back to being so enjoyable. I love a quick nimble sound which is why I used the Mana in the first place. Now I had that sound back.

So in conclusion I am very pleased with my little project.

[ external image ]

[ external image ]
Last edited by Sammy the Strat on Sun May 01, 2016 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sammy the Strat

Post by Sammy the Strat » Sun May 01, 2016 9:53 am

Sammy the Strat wrote:Morning all. So the project was a complete success.

I bonded the upside down nylock nuts into the Sound Org stand holes. Not sure what the corner holes were for but they were just what I needed. In went the domed spikes and then I set the height and nipped up the nuts leaving just the right hand corner to do. Popped on the new piece of Mana type glass on which I had bonded some dampening strips just like my Mana glass. Tuning the glass was really quick as I've done it a zillion times. Once I had all four corners thinking the same and a lovely drum like tonk from the middle I was done. Put the LP12 back in place and did a final bubble level check. All perfect. Spun up Fourplay cued the Aro and sat back.

Stupid big moronic grin creeps across face! Bang on. The sound was quick, upbeat, lean and powerful. The SOrg closed in sound was gone a long with at horrible bass bloom and overall wall of thickness. Snares really snapped, cymbals shimmered instead of tizzing. And above all it passed tune dem in spades and was back to being so enjoyable. I love a quick nimble sound which is why I used the Mana in the first place. Now I had that sound back.

Should mention that wifey just remarked. That's better sounds like it used to. High praise indeed.

[ external image ]

[ external image ]
Last edited by Sammy the Strat on Sun May 01, 2016 9:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sammy the Strat

Post by Sammy the Strat » Sun May 01, 2016 9:55 am

Sammy the Strat wrote:
Sammy the Strat wrote:Morning all. So the project was a complete success.

I bonded the upside down nylock nuts into the Sound Org stand holes. Not sure what the corner holes were for but they were just what I needed. In went the domed spikes and then I set the height and nipped up the nuts leaving just the right hand corner to do. Popped on the new piece of Mana type glass on which I had bonded some dampening strips just like my Mana glass. Tuning the glass was really quick as I've done it a zillion times. Once I had all four corners thinking the same and a lovely drum like tonk from the middle I was done. Put the LP12 back in place and did a final bubble level check. All perfect. Spun up Fourplay cued the Aro and sat back.

Stupid big moronic grin creeps across face! Bang on. The sound was quick, upbeat, lean and powerful. The SOrg closed in sound was gone a long with that horrible bass bloom and overall wall of thickness. Snares really snapped, cymbals shimmered instead of tizzing. And above all it passed tune dem in spades and was back to being so enjoyable. I love a quick nimble sound which is why I used the Mana in the first place. Now I had that sound back.

[ external image ]

[ external image ]
I suspect this could be done on any type of stand or wall shelf with the same effect. In fact those of you using Fraim cups and balls could easily super glue an M5 nut on a shelf put in some Mana type spikes with lock nuts from eBay and then tune your glass and it should work. The tuned glass is the key to the Mana effect.

shellspeed

Post by shellspeed » Sun May 01, 2016 11:18 am

Sounds like a cool little project to do and a good result to boot :smt023
Well Keeled :smt020

Wenge1
Queue Moderator

Post by Wenge1 » Sun May 01, 2016 5:15 pm

It's one of those George Peppard "I love it when a plan comes together" moments. Pleased for you Sammy .... :smt023

Harban 'Wenge' Cymbiosis Signature LP12, Klimax Radikal / Urika, Karmen, Tranquility, Rubikon, Ekos SE, Skale, Krystal. Sarum Super Array IC's. Chord Signature speaker cable

dCS Puccini CD Player

KK/1(D), Klimax Twin (D), ProAc Response D2's

Coyote Jim
Site Moderator

Post by Coyote Jim » Sun May 01, 2016 6:04 pm

Well done Sammy it's great to have an idea then it works out. :shock:
You made your own Mana version of the Naim cups and ball trick.
Glad it works for your ears. 8) :smt023
Not to mention WAF :oops:
"Cymbiosis"
Analogue Klimax LP12, Linn CD, Analogue Linn Amp, Kudos Speakers. 8) :smt023
Coyote Jim :wink:

dan steel
Queue Moderator

Post by dan steel » Sun May 01, 2016 7:05 pm

[ external image ]
I'm having trouble fitting mine :smt013
None foreign parts LP12 - Naim CD - Naim Amplication - Kudos Speakers.

Red Chris

Post by Red Chris » Sun May 01, 2016 8:17 pm

Sammy - have you tried it with the top board removed? It looks redundant and not supporting anything from the photographs. RC
Currently Cymbiosis LP12 Woodsong Wenge, Klimax Radikal/Chord Sarum T, Keel/A, Khan, Tranquility, Urika/Chord SSA, Aro, sKale, Lyra Kleos SL - Sondek owner since 1982 - the rest is Naim, Chord and Kudos 8)

HiFi Kabin : Disclaimer