Urika with Chord Sarum Super ARAY

Everything relating to the ol' fruit box

Moderator: The Kurators

Mr Fixit
Trade Member

Re: Urika with Chord Sarum Super ARAY

Post by Mr Fixit » Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:36 am

BevC wrote:We have also completed the journey from STA to SSA for all of our interconnects. Recently we carefully considered the mains cables in the system and have changed from Naim Powerlines to Chord Signature Aray. The benefit to our Akurate Radikal was unbelievable. We have to thank everyone at Cymbiosis for allowing us to borrow the Chords. :D
No worries Bev, you are very welcome. We Really like the Powerline and I always found it amusing that the use of a Naim product could improve the Linn power supplies for the LP12. Then Sarum came along.......... 8) albeit for a lot re money! The Signature 1m power cable is just £20.00 more than Powerline. If you need say another 0.5M to make it 1.5m if that's what is needed, it's just £50.00 more..................

Your findings and comments say the rest. No need for me to add. Just enjoy!

KR

Peter
Email: peter@cymbiosis.com
Web: http://www.cymbiosis.com

FangfossFlyer

Post by FangfossFlyer » Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:57 am

I realise I buck the 'old' trend as a Superline user as opposed to an Eurika but I am interested in any Superline user experiences as regards replacing Linn Silvers from their LP12 to their phono stage?

Richard
"When the music's over, Turn out the lights"
Linn LP12-Naim-B&W

Jazz Club

Post by Jazz Club » Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:18 am

Richard,
The only person i know that still uses a Superline is Dr Steve and he likes the good old Naim lav/grey IC.
All the other Superline users i know changed to Urika's ages ago.

Red Chris

Post by Red Chris » Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:24 pm

FangfossFlyer wrote:I realise I buck the 'old' trend as a Superline user as opposed to an Eurika but I am interested in any Superline user experiences as regards replacing Linn Silvers from their LP12 to their phono stage?
Richard - do you mean the cables from your Ekos SE? I didn't think they were Silvers :smt017
Currently Cymbiosis LP12 Woodsong Wenge, Klimax Radikal/Chord Sarum T, Keel/A, Khan, Tranquility, Urika/Chord SSA, Aro, sKale, Lyra Kleos SL - Sondek owner since 1982 - the rest is Naim, Chord and Kudos 8)

FangfossFlyer

Post by FangfossFlyer » Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:35 pm

Hi,

Well as I have posted on other forums over the years I have had 2 or 3 home loans of a Urika and 2 dems at different suppliers and I have always preferred the Superline for it's pure emotion and engagement that to me is closer to a live sound. I never joined the flock a few years ago when they all herded to the Urika. I could hear a difference and understand why but it did not turn me on and was not for me :)

Anyway, regardless I use a Hiline between my Supercap/Superline - NAC and much prefer it to the standard lavender interconnect - so I do divert from Steve J from time to time even though we have basically the same system (source, amps and speakers) :D

For completeness, I also use an AV-Options Cyro Z576R Airplug and 1uF Airplug.

What I am asking about is the interconnect from my LP12 to my Superline's phono input sockets and interested in the experience of others. But maybe I am the only person on the planet interested in such as I am also keen for Naim to produce a 4-5 Pin DIN SL but that seems to be delayed or full of technical issues and canned?

By the way, the reason I ask is that I have a home loan of Superlumina DIN-XL interconnect for my NAP which impresses as I like what I hear but want to also trial Chord as they seem to be where the flock is hearding towards.

But as you can tell I will make up my own mind....... so we will see.

All the best,

Richard
Last edited by FangfossFlyer on Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:07 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Linn LP12-Naim-B&W

FangfossFlyer

Post by FangfossFlyer » Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:38 pm

Chris,

I mean the cables from my LP12 into the two phono sockets on my Superline as looking at them they say:

NEGLEX 2549 MOGAMI Japan

My mistake.....

:oops:

Richard
Linn LP12-Naim-B&W

Jazz Club

Post by Jazz Club » Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:52 pm

Richard,
I went from a Prefix to the Radikal-Urika when both were first released.
I used a Phono to Din Hiline for a long time.
I have this theory that Naim owners like having lots of boxes, and removing two levels of Fraim a Supercap and Superline wont do much for ones audio
rack aesthetics. :smt036
Naim did have a much improved Superline in the early days but haven't bothered to bring it to market.
They only released there version of air plugs after a few customers and a Dealer cut the plugs off there own Hiline's and then Chris in the USA took it a bit further using Z foils.
Chris's are still the best ones.
I personally don't think the Superline will be around for much longer unless they upgrade its internals? and i doubt very much if thats on the top of Naim's things to do list.

FangfossFlyer

Post by FangfossFlyer » Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:05 pm

Unfortunately I also don't think that things associated with the Superline, or analogue for that matter, are on Naim's list of priorities.

Which is a real shame, but such is life and regardless I am still happy with my Naim kit.

Richard
Linn LP12-Naim-B&W

Jazz Club

Post by Jazz Club » Sun Jul 17, 2016 6:12 pm

FangfossFlyer wrote:Unfortunately I also don't think that things associated with the Superline, or analogue for that matter, are on Naim's list of priorities.

Which is a real shame, but such is life and regardless I am still happy with my Naim kit.

Richard
I'm glad you are happy with your system.
It would be a right bugger if you were not considering the money you have spent on it over the years. :smt018
I've decided to not upgrade anything on mine and just run it into the ground. :smt023

FangfossFlyer

Post by FangfossFlyer » Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:49 pm

Yeah, I am really happy with my system which I have been building seriously since 1987.
Since having my NAP DR'd I sometimes can't believe how good it is and I touch real moments of pure escapism into the music!
So happy that I wonder why I am bothering thinking about different cables and interconnects.
That is until this week end when I have a home loan of some SL DIN-XLRs!
Oh what a slippy slope I tread.
Perhaps I should step off and just get engrossed by my music!
Richard
Linn LP12-Naim-B&W

HiFi Kabin : Disclaimer