Urika with Chord Sarum Super ARAY

Everything relating to the ol' fruit box

Moderator: The Kurators

Red Chris

Re: Urika with Chord Sarum Super ARAY

Post by Red Chris » Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:07 pm

Richard - I think that a Superline powered by a Supercap DR is still gorgeous - and with an Ekos SE I doubt that I would change to an Urika - although I prefer the latter strongly with the Aro.

I must have hybrid ears :wink:

From what I have heard I would probably stick with the grey interconnect
Currently Cymbiosis LP12 Woodsong Wenge, Klimax Radikal/Chord Sarum T, Keel/A, Khan, Tranquility, Urika/Chord SSA, Aro, sKale, Lyra Kleos SL - Sondek owner since 1982 - the rest is Naim, Chord and Kudos 8)

Jazz Club

Post by Jazz Club » Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:30 pm

FangfossFlyer wrote:Yeah, I am really happy with my system which I have been building seriously since 1987.
Since having my NAP DR'd I sometimes can't believe how good it is and I touch real moments of pure escapism into the music!
So happy that I wonder why I am bothering thinking about different cables and interconnects.
That is until this week end when I have a home loan of some SL DIN-XLRs!
Oh what a slippy slope I tread.
Perhaps I should step off and just get engrossed by my music!
Richard
Richard,
Here's the Rub.
You used to get just as involved with your music and couldn't believe how good it sounded well before you had DR upgrades. :smt018
Your system has never sounded broken.
Thats the trouble with Naim. :smt018
People are spending loads of money to fix things that are not broken.

Red Chris

Post by Red Chris » Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:24 am

Jazz Club wrote: You used to get just as involved with your music and couldn't believe how good it sounded well before you had DR upgrades.
This is true - I would quite like to have my amp DR'd but it is definitely not broken without it - but I almost certainly will have it done at some point :roll:
Currently Cymbiosis LP12 Woodsong Wenge, Klimax Radikal/Chord Sarum T, Keel/A, Khan, Tranquility, Urika/Chord SSA, Aro, sKale, Lyra Kleos SL - Sondek owner since 1982 - the rest is Naim, Chord and Kudos 8)

HiFi Kabin : Disclaimer