Everything relating to the ol' fruit box

Moderator: The Kurators

Mr Fixit
Trade Member

Re: Tangerine Stiletto

Post by Mr Fixit » Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:37 pm

Mr Onion wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:39 pm
I'll take the old version you have off of your hands Peter. I won't even charge you for Commercial Disposal :smt023

LOL. Yes, there is my ex-demo Stiletto available at a very good price and as mentioned above in answering Jim; this price could be less the trade-in on the parts no longer required - In this case an LP12 plinth thus making the price even more attractive :smt023

KR

Peter
Email: peter@cymbiosis.com
Web: http://www.cymbiosis.com

evil_C

Post by evil_C » Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:52 pm

That looks SO much better and looks very tempting. It would have to be the fluted version for me - I think they're necessary to offset the black monolithic nature.

Now, does anyone fancy a Harban Wenge and Tangering Karmen?!!

EDIT: only joking (at least for the moment) as I'm too much into the Harban plinth and silver finish of the Karmen. That may change though.

Red Chris

Tangerine Stiletto

Post by Red Chris » Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:46 pm

It does look infinitely better now 8)
Cymbiosis LP12 Woodsong Wenge, Klimax Radikal/Chord Sarum T, Keel/A, Khan, Tranquility, Urika/Chord SSA, Aro, sKale, Krystal - Sondek owner since 1982 - the rest is Naim Chord and Kudos 8)

FangfossFlyer

Post by FangfossFlyer » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:12 pm

I have finally had a demo of the Stiletto down at my dealers this morning and overall first impression is that….. I like it!

To me it pulls things together very well with not only a "groove and vibe" that I like but also is the direction of the "furrow I have been ploughing" over the decades.

It held things together very well with a good 3D spacing and a sense of realism and did not drift into that dry precise / clinical sound that I hear too often in many products these days. It was particularly good at holding it all together in crescendos where the music builds and builds into a climax which some systems I have heard just fall apart. It was good on a range of music from quiet through to live rock. In fact I found no fault with it!

So I was impressed enough to tentatively arrange a home dem / loan but this will have to wait a while as I am the trail of replacing my Record Cleaning Machine which takes top priority at present.

So, nice one Tangerine Audio and thanks to David and The Sound Organisation for a most enjoyable morning.

Richard
"When the music's over, Turn out the lights"
Linn LP12-Naim-B&W

Wenge1

Post by Wenge1 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:26 pm

FangfossFlyer wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:12 pm
I have finally had a demo of the Stiletto down at my dealers this morning and overall first impression is that….. I like it!

To me it pulls things together very well with not only a "groove and vibe" that I like but also is the direction of the "furrow I have been ploughing" over the decades.

It held things together very well with a good 3D spacing and a sense of realism and did not drift into that dry precise / clinical sound that I hear too often in many products these days. It was particularly good at holding it all together in crescendos where the music builds and builds into a climax which some systems I have heard just fall apart. It was good on a range of music from quiet through to live rock. In fact I found no fault with it!

So I was impressed enough to tentatively arrange a home dem / loan but this will have to wait a while as I am the trail of replacing my Record Cleaning Machine which takes top priority at present.

So, nice one Tangerine Audio and thanks to David and The Sound Organisation for a most enjoyable morning.

Richard

Of secondary importance Richard, but what plinth finish did you prefer?
Harban 'Wenge' Cymbiosis Signature LP12, Klimax Radikal / Urika, Karmen, Tranquility, Rubikon, Ekos SE, Skale, Krystal. Sarum Super Array IC's. Chord Signature speaker cable

dCS Puccini CD Player

KK/1(D), Klimax Twin (D), ProAc Response D2's

Red Chris

Post by Red Chris » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:49 pm

FangfossFlyer wrote:
So I was impressed enough to tentatively arrange a home dem / loan ....
Exciting news Richard :smt023 Perhaps we could arrange a Kabin social to coincide with the home dem / loan :D
Cymbiosis LP12 Woodsong Wenge, Klimax Radikal/Chord Sarum T, Keel/A, Khan, Tranquility, Urika/Chord SSA, Aro, sKale, Krystal - Sondek owner since 1982 - the rest is Naim Chord and Kudos 8)

FangfossFlyer

Post by FangfossFlyer » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:18 pm

I prefer the non-fluted plinth as it would look cool on my black-on-black Fraim with my Naim black boxes and Linn black Klimax Radial.

Richard
Linn LP12-Naim-B&W

FangfossFlyer

Post by FangfossFlyer » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:18 pm

Red Chris wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:49 pm
FangfossFlyer wrote:
So I was impressed enough to tentatively arrange a home dem / loan ....
Exciting news Richard :smt023 Perhaps we could arrange a Kabin social to coincide with the home dem / loan :D

You never know..... come the summer......
Linn LP12-Naim-B&W

Red Chris

Post by Red Chris » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:30 pm

FangfossFlyer wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:18 pm
I prefer the non-fluted plinth as it would look cool on my black-on-black Fraim with my Naim black boxes and Linn black Klimax Radial.
Interestingly I prefer the fluted Stiletto plinth as I think that it would look really awesome on my black and natural ash Fraim with my Naim black boxes and Linn black Klimax Radikal 8)

Mr Onion
Site Moderator

Post by Mr Onion » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:37 am

Red Chris wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:30 pm
Interestingly I prefer the fluted Stiletto plinth as I think that it would look really awesome on my black and natural ash Fraim with my Naim black boxes and Linn black Klimax Radikal 8)

I like the fluted version because it looks so bloody good (and nothing says LP12 more than Flutes)
James

Fluted Afro LP12, Khan, Kore, Cirkus, Tranquillity, Trampolin2, Radikal (with Allium Skin Mods), EKOS SE/1, sKale, DVXX-2mkII, HoL Mat

Lots of black boxes connected with bits of damp string.

HiFi Kabin : Disclaimer