Kandid!

Everything relating to the ol' fruit box

Moderator: The Kurators

Jazz Club

Re: Kandid!

Post by Jazz Club » Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:47 pm

varyat wrote:Stu,
Maybe better, but not as much fun and without the flexibility of trying different phono stages, etc.
Mark,
Urika in one Superline in the other?
What others have you tried since Peters last visit?

This is still the best Dentist film ever made. :smt036

varyat

Post by varyat » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:10 pm

Stu,
Have tried a few Whest's, purchased the Aurorasound Vida. Ended up selling the Vida after 6 months- just not enough bite . The Urika clearly bettered it. Currently running a Whest Titan Pro- very nice but at a cost. I would like to try a Tron just to see what a good tube amp brings to the party. The Urika deck is tough to beat :D !
ATB,
Mark

varyat

Post by varyat » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:12 pm

Oh, and I ran a Superline/SC2/Airplug prior to the Urika. It was good but I prefer the Urika. Lost a few levels of Fraim as well.. The Naim has that boogie factor but not nearly as resolving as the Urika.
ATB,
Mark

Red Chris

Post by Red Chris » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:27 pm

....... and the Chord cable gives you the boogie factor back 8) :smt023
Currently Cymbiosis LP12 Woodsong Wenge, Klimax Radikal/Chord Sarum T, Keel/A, Khan, Tranquility, Urika/Chord SSA, Aro, sKale, Lyra Kleos SL - Sondek owner since 1982 - the rest is Naim, Chord and Kudos 8)

varyat

Post by varyat » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:08 am

Yes it does, yes it does :smt023
I remember the exact moment that Chord STA replaced the Linn Silvers from Urika- :smt017 , what the hell just happened ?! Brought back the Naim boogie big time :smt023
ATB,
Mark

Dr_Eddie

Post by Dr_Eddie » Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:03 am

Stu, in answer to your question a few posts back, Ali wanted to listen to Legends.
She is slowly beginning to notice things on her favourite albums now, that she never picked up on before. The Beatles have stepped up 3 or 4 gears and sound hungry for success, like they are really enjoying it. Listening to Lennon on Twist and Shout is almost painful, he's ripping out his vocal cords and throat with a heavy head cold. Reading their biography confirms this too. It made Lennon a legend right there.

So we are in agreement, more than we were.
Linn/Naim Lover

Jazz Club

Post by Jazz Club » Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:33 am

Dr_Eddie wrote:Stu, in answer to your question a few posts back, Ali wanted to listen to Legends.
She is slowly beginning to notice things on her favourite albums now, that she never picked up on before. The Beatles have stepped up 3 or 4 gears and sound hungry for success, like they are really enjoying it. Listening to Lennon on Twist and Shout is almost painful, he's ripping out his vocal cords and throat with a heavy head cold. Reading their biography confirms this too. It made Lennon a legend right there.

So we are in agreement, more than we were.
Eddie,
I sent you a deal on this Image before you were with Alison.
It was meant to happen, 8) :smt023

Red Chris

Post by Red Chris » Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:45 am

Got to love a bit of BOB
  • Marley
  • Dylan
  • these
image.jpeg
  • or this guy
image.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Currently Cymbiosis LP12 Woodsong Wenge, Klimax Radikal/Chord Sarum T, Keel/A, Khan, Tranquility, Urika/Chord SSA, Aro, sKale, Lyra Kleos SL - Sondek owner since 1982 - the rest is Naim, Chord and Kudos 8)

HiFi Kabin : Disclaimer