Kandid!

Everything relating to the ol' fruit box

Moderator: The Kurators

varyat

Re: Kandid!

Post by varyat » Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:55 am

Stu- You crazy man :shock: !!
I'm just a stupid dentist, that pickup is way too rich for my blood ! You know how it goes..just the tip and then you are in way over your head :lol: !!
ATB,
Mark

Red Chris

Post by Red Chris » Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:49 pm

A compromise might be the Etna - which certainly looks the best imho 8)
Currently Cymbiosis LP12 Woodsong Wenge, Klimax Radikal/Chord Sarum T, Keel/A, Khan, Tranquility, Urika/Chord SSA, Aro, sKale, Lyra Kleos SL - Sondek owner since 1982 - the rest is Naim, Chord and Kudos 8)

Mr Fixit
Trade Member

Post by Mr Fixit » Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:43 pm

Jazz Club wrote: Did you get to listen to a [ external image ]while at Peters?
I have one here on demo, just like the Etna, Kandid and the two big Dynavector XVs but the Atlas was not on the agenda really, plus I feel any investment would be better directed elsewhere on the LP12, other than a necessary re-build by the original manufacturers themselves.

Interestingly, I had Dave J call in for a demo and update to Katalyst on his KDSM today and while here I thought I'd show him the Stiletto! LOL!

I'll be interested to read his report/musings on this one 8) I'll say no more for now !

KR

Peter
Email: peter@cymbiosis.com
Web: http://www.cymbiosis.com

Dr_Eddie

Post by Dr_Eddie » Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:26 am

Mark, I fully understand your reasoning behind liking both cartridges. I enjoyed mine for 5 years , and no doubt would still enjoy it. My partner Alison doesn't agree with me that the Kandid is a different performer, she swears blind she can't tell any difference at all. In her words...........it was excellent before, it is excellent now. She has clinically perfect hearing ( mine is anything but after years of playing in a rock band )

She thinks I'm full of bs.................................... Can't argue with that. her final words on the subject........................
As long as you are happy darling.......... :shock: Now can you please put on some Bob Marley, there's a dear.
Linn/Naim Lover

The Flatearther

Post by The Flatearther » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:48 am

Dr_Eddie wrote:Mark, I fully understand your reasoning behind liking both cartridges. I enjoyed mine for 5 years , and no doubt would still enjoy it. My partner Alison doesn't agree with me that the Kandid is a different performer, she swears blind she can't tell any difference at all. In her words...........it was excellent before, it is excellent now. She has clinically perfect hearing ( mine is anything but after years of playing in a rock band )

She thinks I'm full of bs.................................... Can't argue with that. her final words on the subject........................
As long as you are happy darling.......... :shock: Now can you please put on some Bob Marley, there's a dear.
Eddie, maybe if you swapped out the Briks for some Kans, Alison would be able to tell the difference. LOL

Red Chris

Kandid!

Post by Red Chris » Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:18 pm

..... or an Aro / Keel/A :smt020 :D
Currently Cymbiosis LP12 Woodsong Wenge, Klimax Radikal/Chord Sarum T, Keel/A, Khan, Tranquility, Urika/Chord SSA, Aro, sKale, Lyra Kleos SL - Sondek owner since 1982 - the rest is Naim, Chord and Kudos 8)

Jazz Club

Post by Jazz Club » Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:42 pm

Dr_Eddie wrote:Mark, I fully understand your reasoning behind liking both cartridges. I enjoyed mine for 5 years , and no doubt would still enjoy it. My partner Alison doesn't agree with me that the Kandid is a different performer, she swears blind she can't tell any difference at all. In her words...........it was excellent before, it is excellent now. She has clinically perfect hearing ( mine is anything but after years of playing in a rock band )

Eddie,
What Bob album did you put on?

Jazz Club

Post by Jazz Club » Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:47 pm

varyat wrote:Stu- You crazy man :shock: !!
I'm just a stupid dentist, that pickup is way too rich for my blood ! You know how it goes..just the tip and then you are in way over your head :lol: !!
ATB,
Mark
Mark,
Wouldn't it be better to have just one LP12 maxed out with a very top cartridge on it?

The Flatearther

Post by The Flatearther » Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:45 pm

Red Chris wrote:..... or an Aro / Keel/A :smt020 :D
ROTFLMHO!

varyat

Post by varyat » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:25 pm

Stu,
Maybe better, but not as much fun and without the flexibility of trying different phono stages, etc.

HiFi Kabin : Disclaimer