Didn't We Have A Lovely Time

Everything relating to the ol' fruit box

Moderator: The Kurators

Jazz Club

Re: Didn't We Have A Lovely Time

Post by Jazz Club » Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:36 pm

evil_C wrote:Anyone would think it was Jim going for major surgery with all these wishes of good luck!
Their is Always one. :smt018 :roll: :smt015

Mr Fixit
Trade Member

Post by Mr Fixit » Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:03 pm

Jazz Club wrote:
evil_C wrote:Anyone would think it was Jim going for major surgery with all these wishes of good luck!
LOL! Well his system is... Kind of.

The only way to get to the bottom of a weird problem like this is to have all the kit on hand so one can substitute each LP12 component in turn. This would be relatively easy in the shop, but being a few hundred miles away in Scotland, I have shipped a Radikal, Urika, Se and a Krystal to Jim that I have already soak tested here and know it's all perfect. This will allow me to eliminate the fault if it lays within the LP12.

My money is on the Urika mute circuit, but it could be the Krystal and what about the Dynamik in the Radikal or the Radikal itself as this powers the Urika.
Both channels are working and are dual mono inside the Urika, so why do we get noise equally on both channels? :smt017

Well, I'll give it a good shot tomorrow and fly to Edinburgh this time where Jim will pick me up. All this just 24 hours before the Linn price rise hits and I know I'll have a full mailbox from LP12 owners. So, if any of you email me, please accept a slower than usual response time and rest assured I'll answer you all once I'm home after getting back to East Midlands.

See you at shortly after 10:00am Jim (One hopes!)

Best regards,

Peter
Email: peter@cymbiosis.com
Web: http://www.cymbiosis.com

Jazz Club

Post by Jazz Club » Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:13 pm

Peter,
Why Edinburgh?
Are you doing something else on the way or way back?
Last edited by Jazz Club on Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Coyote Jim
Site Moderator

Post by Coyote Jim » Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:13 pm

Mr Fixit wrote:
Jazz Club wrote:
LOL! Well his system is... Kind of.

The only way to get to the bottom of a weird problem like this is to have all the kit on hand so one can substitute each LP12 component in turn. This would be relatively easy in the shop, but being a few hundred miles away in Scotland, I have shipped a Radikal, Urika, Se and a Krystal to Jim that I have already soak tested here and know it's all perfect. This will allow me to eliminate the fault if it lays within the LP12.

My money is on the Urika mute circuit, but it could be the Krystal and what about the Dynamik in the Radikal or the Radikal itself as this powers the Urika.
Both channels are working and are dual mono inside the Urika, so why do we get noise equally on both channels? :smt017

Well, I'll give it a good shot tomorrow and fly to Edinburgh this time where Jim will pick me up. All this just 24 hours before the Linn price rise hits and I know I'll have a full mailbox from LP12 owners. So, if any of you email me, please accept a slower than usual response time and rest assured I'll answer you all once I'm home after getting back to East Midlands.

See you at shortly after 10:00am Jim (One hopes!)

Best regards,

Peter
Peter,
The kettle is on. :wink:
Everything is sterilised and sanitised for the big operation.
Speak soon 8) :smt023
Can't beat this for dealer support " did I say that out loud ?" GOOD ! :lol:
"Cymbiosis"
Klimax LP12, Linn CD, Linn Amp, Kudos Speakers.
Coyote Jim :wink:

Coyote Jim
Site Moderator

Post by Coyote Jim » Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:18 pm

Jazz Club wrote:Peter,
Why Edinburgh?
Stu,
Edinburgh Airport isn't really in Edinburgh and is much closer and less complicated with traffic than Glasgow but Glasgow is handiest if there is a detour via HQ 8) :smt023
"Cymbiosis"

Mr Fixit
Trade Member

Post by Mr Fixit » Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:32 pm

Coyote Jim wrote:
Why Edinburgh?
Stu,
Edinburgh Airport isn't really in Edinburgh and is much closer and less complicated with traffic than Glasgow but Glasgow is handiest if there is a detour via HQ 8) :smt023
Yep, no Linn meeting this week, so a shorter drive for Jim ferrying me about :smt023
Email: peter@cymbiosis.com
Web: http://www.cymbiosis.com

Jazz Club

Post by Jazz Club » Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:19 pm

Coyote Jim wrote:
Why Edinburgh?
Stu,
Ah that helps then. :smt023
I have only been to Edinburgh by overnight coach from Victoria and by train and road.
Jim,
Can i still park the chopper in your brothers garden while you are picking up Peter?

Coyote Jim
Site Moderator

Post by Coyote Jim » Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:30 pm

Jazz Club wrote:
Coyote Jim wrote:
Why Edinburgh?
Stu,
Ah that helps then. :smt023
I have only been to Edinburgh by overnight coach from Victoria and by train and road.
Jim,
Can i still park the chopper in your brothers garden while you are picking up Peter?
Stu,
No probs mate the grass is growing back after the last time. :shock:
Kettle is on. 8) :smt023
"Cymbiosis"

The Flatearther

Post by The Flatearther » Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:31 pm

Jim how is the rebuild coming on?

apye

Post by apye » Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:17 pm

Any news Jim?
LP12/Ekos2/sKale/Krystal/Radikal/Keel/Tranquility, TP Vulkan, Naim CD5X, Naim 82/SC2/250 on Walnut Isoblue, Tellurium Q Black cables into Audiovector M3 Avantgarde Arreté Speakers.

HiFi Kabin : Disclaimer