Didn't We Have A Lovely Time

Everything relating to the ol' fruit box

Moderator: The Kurators

Mr Onion
Site Moderator

Re: Didn't We Have A Lovely Time

Post by Mr Onion » Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:30 pm

James

Fluted Afro LP12, Khan, KEEL, Cirkus, Tranquillity, Urika, Radikal (with Allium Skin Mods), EKOS SE/1, sKale, DVXX-2mkII
Consonance Ref 2.2 Linear (upgraded)
NACish 72, NAPish 250, Kudos Super 20's

evil_C

Post by evil_C » Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:35 pm

Mr Onion wrote:[ external image ]
Yes, we're all waiting, Jim. Is it a boy?

shellspeed

Post by shellspeed » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:03 pm

***keeps checking forum like expecting father pacing up and down the maternity ward****
Well Keeled :smt020

Coyote Jim
Site Moderator

Post by Coyote Jim » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:13 pm

Firstly can just say a big thanks for all the mails and messages about this Glitch in the upgrade proceedings.
Obviously in the real grand scale of things it's a first world problem but with us all being very passionate about our systems and the music " it's all about the music " :smt007
To start a bit of a story :smt015 I've always worried about consistency of support and not to mention finding a dealer " fettler " of exacting standards I'm a bit fussy :roll: .
Anyhow ive been very fortunate and honoured to meet up with a dealer with all the exacting qualities and much more than I could have hoped the problem was he is hundreds of miles away so imagine my excitement and happiness when it was suggested he could come to me.
So there it commenced a few visits and numerous upgrades later it seemed like it was time for the icing on the cake for now so to speak so the previous visit mentioned earlier was for the fitting of an Ekos SE/1 all was well until the listening test then it was immediately noticed by my dealer first there is a noise so further investigation was done and with no instant answer as all gear is brand new we ran out of time and with limited testing available making for an awkward situation Peter then sat on the sofa and phoned his shop to look out a complete phono setup concluding of a Radikal, Urika,Ekos SE /1 and Krystal and within two days all the equipment was soak tested then packaged and sent to me awaiting Peters return flights to address the issue.
So in just about a week the story continues with a resolution.
It's been a very busy day but problem solved Peter is probably just arriving home now
image.jpeg
We set up a pre tested brand new Radikal Urika Ekos se1 and Krystal connected to my amp and no noise silent until almost maxed out.
So the first thing to check knowing the noise was the same with my old and the new arm was to connect up my old arm with my Krystal.
Unmute volume then turn up to 50 and plenty of noise then muted and reconnected a new Krystal with the SE and silence.
image.jpeg
So after double checking everything with all the equipment here the problem was diagnosed pretty quickly.
So it was just to have a full reset up with the SE 1 and a new Krystal and all is cooking now.
We've examined the Krystal here with a magnifier and Jewellers loupe and there is no sign of any external damage and even the internal wiring of the cart to the tag pins are complete.
I think a micro investigation is probably in order now.
What can I say but a biggest possible thank you to Peter " and the boys at the shop " for all the dedicated unflinching support and sheer professionalism in sorting this problem.
So out of the window goes my possible doubts about the distance issue as not only was my service on purchasing new equipment made very convenient for me but when there was a problem there was no delay regardless of distance I can't imagine any dealer having that kind of dedication for excellence and also the level of stock to be able to minimise the time lost of musical enjoyment.
There can only be one Peter Swain and one Cymbiosis.
Oh and Mr Fixit.
At the risk of advertising that's a 3 in 1 that's very slick and smooth operating.
Unreserved thanks and huge appreciation for all the super support what more can I say? :smt017
New record collection to find now. :smt007 8) :smt023
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Cymbiosis"
Analogue Klimax LP12, Linn CD, Analogue Linn Amp, Kudos Speakers. 8) :smt023
Coyote Jim :wink:

shellspeed

Post by shellspeed » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:22 pm

Glad its fixed Jim :smt023
Well Keeled :smt020

Coyote Jim
Site Moderator

Post by Coyote Jim » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:24 pm

shellspeed wrote:Glad its fixed Jim :smt023
Thanks James 8) :smt023
"Cymbiosis"

evil_C

Post by evil_C » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:48 pm

Great result, Jim. And tremendous support from Mr Fixit.

Now you face the real problem: what to play next! :smt017

Coyote Jim
Site Moderator

Post by Coyote Jim » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:52 pm

evil_C wrote:Great result, Jim. And tremendous support from Mr Fixit.

Now you face the real problem: what to play next! :smt017
Thanks Clive.
About the maternity ward.
[SHOW]
Its a Joy :smt020
8) :smt023
"Cymbiosis"

The Flatearther

Post by The Flatearther » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:16 pm

Yawn yawn, blah blah. Jim for crying out loud tell us what it sounds like damit! Were all on tenter hooks as Jim O put it. So out with it man or we'll come up and beat you with a banna peel!

Seriously though well done Peter and glad its sorted Jim.

Now tell us what it sounds like man!!

apye

Post by apye » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:24 pm

Great news Jim, glad everything is working now.
Enjoy the music! :smt020 :smt023
LP12/Ekos2/sKale/Krystal/Radikal/Keel/Tranquility, TP Vulkan, Naim CD5X, Naim 82/SC2/250 on Walnut Isoblue, Tellurium Q Black cables into Audiovector M3 Avantgarde Arreté Speakers.

HiFi Kabin : Disclaimer