Balancing Akito

Everything relating to the ol' fruit box

Moderator: The Kurators

Pediatrik

Re: Balancing Akito

Post by Pediatrik » Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:12 pm

Jazz Club wrote:I wasn't offended.
I just wondered why you didn't know how to use your turntable?
Now you have said you have been playing records for +20 years.
I find it strange anyone could be using any make of TT for that long and not know the basics about setting up a tonearm even if one has had a dealer do everything for all those years.
I have no wish to piss you off.
I just find it strange.
I was going to suggest buying a good quality Stylus gauge so you can get your tracking weight spot on then adjust by ear while playing because your arm dial will not be accurate.
As I said starting this thread, it was an embarassing problem since I somehow realised that balancing a tone arm was something that I was supposed to know. Strange or not, I have always been told that fiddling with the deck was something for experienced dealers only. Since I'm now living far away from the nearest dealer, this forums knowledge of hands on tweaks are of high value to me. The more I can learn the better! If you think a stylus gauge would help me, I would definetely get one. Any suggestions?
Red Chris wrote: It is the right forum - no-one suggested you should get an Ekos SE instead :lol:
I hope not! :smt018 At least the Radikal seems a no brainer for my deck prior to any SE arms... Seriously I'm aiming at getting my hands on an Ekos/1 or /2 and then start looking for a preloved Radikal (Akurate enclosure). After that I think I will have to start saving up for if/when the Katalyst upgrade is available for my Exaktbox... :mrg:
LP12, Cirkus, Kore, Trampolin 2, Lingo 2, Akito 1b, Adikt, Akurate EDSM, Klimax Exaktbox/2, Akurate 4200s, Keltiks, Silver ICs, Black K200s

Red Chris

Post by Red Chris » Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:23 pm

Jazz Club wrote:If you had read all the why's and wherefores above?
You would of seen he did asked Peter. :smt023
That's not how I read it - specifically on tracking weight; but I meant a call or by email rather than on open forum :)
Currently Cymbiosis LP12 Woodsong Wenge, Klimax Radikal/Chord Sarum T, Keel/A, Khan, Tranquility, Urika/Chord SSA, Aro, sKale, Lyra Kleos SL - Sondek owner since 1982 - the rest is Naim, Chord and Kudos 8)

Jazz Club

Post by Jazz Club » Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:06 am

Red Chris wrote:
Jazz Club wrote:If you had read all the why's and wherefores above?
You would of seen he did asked Peter. :smt023
That's not how I read it - specifically on tracking weight; but I meant a call or by email rather than on open forum :)
Chris,
Read the very first post of this thread. :smt018

The Kaptain
Site Admin

Post by The Kaptain » Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:16 am

ADMIN NOTE:-

Please remember that not everyone has your knowledge and experience when it comes to tweaking and adjusting HiFi components.

As the OP has now had his problem solved I am closing this topic.
The man with the big stick

HiFi Kabin : Disclaimer