Watermarking Photos

Everything relating to the ol' fruit box

Moderator: The Kurators

Mr Onion
Site Moderator

Watermarking Photos

Post by Mr Onion » Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:06 am

As Jazz Club has pointed out here Anonymous @ Krystal Klub posting photos of Serial Numbers on product packaging may help the ePay scammers. To help prevent photo stealing, you can 'watermark' the photo before uploading or attaching it. http://watermarkphotos.net/ makes it very easy to do and does not require any software to be installed locally. Simply go to the site, select your image, enter the text, its size,colour etc and download it to your machine. Then you can upload or attach as usual.

I hope this helps
James

Fluted Afro LP12, Khan, KEEL, Cirkus, Tranquillity, Urika, Radikal (with Allium Skin Mods), EKOS SE/1, sKale, DVXX-2mkII

NACish 72, NAPish 250, Kudos Super 20's

Coyote Jim
Site Moderator

Re: Watermarking Photos

Post by Coyote Jim » Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:18 am

image.png
Thanks James even I can do it.
Now where's that link to the emporium. :roll: 8) :smt023
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Cymbiosis"
Analogue Klimax LP12, Linn CD, Analogue Linn Amp, Kudos Speakers. 8) :smt023
Coyote Jim :wink:

Scooter

Post by Scooter » Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:30 pm

Seeing this thread reminded me of my workmate who sold a pair of B&W speakers on EBay. He called me some weeks later to show me that his speakers were already back up on EBay for sale, using his photo from his sale. We discussed it and he decided to call the guy who bought them, who told him they were still in his home and not for sale. As the photos were clearly his he contacted EBay who took the listing off. Scammers had copied his photo, so a good call by Stu. Definitely something I hadn't considered.
"Never has so much been lost by so many, to satisfy so few"

Jazz Club

Post by Jazz Club » Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:45 pm

Keith,
One reason when people are selling Naim boxes only ever give the first few numbers of the serial number because you can tell what year it was made.
Give the lot and scum scammers copy.

Excellent idea James. :smt023

Coyote Jim
Site Moderator

Post by Coyote Jim » Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:30 pm

Jazz Club wrote:Keith,
One reason when people are selling Naim boxes only ever give the first few numbers of the serial number because you can tell what year it was made.
Give the lot and scum scammers copy.

Excellent idea James. :smt023
Stu,
Well pointed out and I took action immediately great experience shared cheers mate 8) :smt023
"Cymbiosis"
Analogue Klimax LP12, Linn CD, Analogue Linn Amp, Kudos Speakers. 8) :smt023
Coyote Jim :wink:

HiFi Kabin : Disclaimer