Anyone On Here Using This Stylus Cleaner?

Everything relating to the ol' fruit box

Moderator: The Kurators

User avatar
Mr Fixit
Trade Member
Posts: 841
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:52 am

Re: Anyone On Here Using This Stylus Cleaner?

Post by Mr Fixit » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:06 pm

Jazz Club wrote:
Mr Fixit wrote:Yes, this and the occasional rub with green paper.

KR

Peter
Peter,
Why do you use it?
Its 99.9% purified water with ?
It makes no difference at all.
What makes the difference is people thinking it does and using the brush that comes with it on a more regular basis than they brushed before :smt023
Because it works as pretty much most enthusiasts using it will tell you. Purified water - Yes but it's the very small amounts of "organic chemical cleaning agents" that's the interesting part. - You should try some and see if you agree?
Email: peter@cymbiosis.com
Web: http://www.cymbiosis.com
Skype: peteratcymbiosis

Jazz Club

Re: Anyone On Here Using This Stylus Cleaner?

Post by Jazz Club » Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:00 am

Mr Fixit wrote:
Jazz Club wrote:
Mr Fixit wrote:Yes, this and the occasional rub with green paper.

KR

Peter
Peter,
Why do you use it?
Its 99.9% purified water with ?
It makes no difference at all.
What makes the difference is people thinking it does and using the brush that comes with it on a more regular basis than they brushed before :smt023
Because it works as pretty much most enthusiasts using it will tell you. Purified water - Yes but it's the very small amounts of "organic chemical cleaning agents" that's the interesting part. - You should try some and see if you agree?
Thats the thing,
i sent mine off to be tested for the magical organic chemical cleaning agents. :roll:
Anyone with a son or daughter in secondary school should give it to them to get there chemistry/Science teacher to test for them. :smt023

User avatar
Red Chris
Full Member
Posts: 1957
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:39 pm
Location: Stretford End Lower

Re: Anyone On Here Using This Stylus Cleaner?

Post by Red Chris » Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:31 am

I use an Okki Nokki RCM
Currently Cymbiosis LP12 Woodsong Wenge, Klimax Radikal/Chord Sarum T, Keel/A, Khan, Tranquility, Urika/Chord SSA, Aro, sKale, Lyra Kleos SL - Sondek owner since 1982 - the rest is Naim, Chord and Kudos 8)

mikeg
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:55 am

Re: Anyone On Here Using This Stylus Cleaner?

Post by mikeg » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:31 am

I have used it in the past but not now.

Lyra recommends it for their cartridges which have solid cantilevers. I use an Adikt which has a hollow aluminium tube for the cantilever and I don't think SPT got on with it. I used it as directed but found that part way through a record there was distortion so I ended up using it to clean the stylus at the end of a listening session ready for the next day to ensure it was completely dry. That cartridge didn't actually last very long - just over 12 months - maybe just a coincidence.

I now use silly putty + a stiff cartridge brush after each record and green paper weekly. This seems to work well and the stylus looks clean


Mike

Dr_Eddie
Full Member
Posts: 33
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:40 am

Re: Anyone On Here Using This Stylus Cleaner?

Post by Dr_Eddie » Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:33 am

Yes, I'm using it and the very occasional rub with green stuff too. EXcellent results.
Linn/Naim Lover

Dr_Eddie
Full Member
Posts: 33
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:40 am

Re: Anyone On Here Using This Stylus Cleaner?

Post by Dr_Eddie » Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:35 am

And loving my Okki Nokki too. Excellent RCM.
Linn/Naim Lover

Wenge1
Queue Moderator
Posts: 4142
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:26 pm

Re: Anyone On Here Using This Stylus Cleaner?

Post by Wenge1 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:25 pm

Red Chris wrote:I use an Okki Nokki RCM
.
Seems a bit severe to be using the Okki on your Krystal stylus Chris ....... :smt043 ........ :smt045
.
.
Harban 'Wenge' Cymbiosis Signature LP12, Klimax Radikal / Urika, Karmen, Tranquility, Rubikon, Ekos SE, Skale, Krystal. Sarum Super Array IC's. Chord Signature speaker cable

dCS Puccini CD Player

KK/1(D), Klimax Twin (D), ProAc Response D2's
.

User avatar
evil_C
Full Member
Posts: 2097
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:14 am

Re: Anyone On Here Using This Stylus Cleaner?

Post by evil_C » Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:45 pm

Dr_Eddie wrote:Yes, I'm using it and the very occasional rub with green stuff too. EXcellent results.
On your new Kandid too?

The actual point is that it really does work and work well. Play an LP side without cleaning, then use SPT and play the album again. The difference is very significant - like a box or cable upgrade.

User avatar
Red Chris
Full Member
Posts: 1957
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:39 pm
Location: Stretford End Lower

Re: Anyone On Here Using This Stylus Cleaner?

Post by Red Chris » Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:13 pm

Wenge1 wrote:
Red Chris wrote:I use an Okki Nokki RCM
.
Seems a bit severe to be using the Okki on your Krystal stylus Chris ....... :smt043 ........ :smt045
.
I would refer the honourable gentleman to the question at the bottom of the previous page :D
Currently Cymbiosis LP12 Woodsong Wenge, Klimax Radikal/Chord Sarum T, Keel/A, Khan, Tranquility, Urika/Chord SSA, Aro, sKale, Lyra Kleos SL - Sondek owner since 1982 - the rest is Naim, Chord and Kudos 8)

Wenge1
Queue Moderator
Posts: 4142
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:26 pm

Re: Anyone On Here Using This Stylus Cleaner?

Post by Wenge1 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:56 pm

Red Chris wrote:
Wenge1 wrote:
Red Chris wrote:I use an Okki Nokki RCM
.
Seems a bit severe to be using the Okki on your Krystal stylus Chris ....... :smt043 ........ :smt045
.
I would refer the honourable gentleman to the question at the bottom of the previous page :D
.
A c'mon, you know I like a selective quote ............... :smt023
.
Harban 'Wenge' Cymbiosis Signature LP12, Klimax Radikal / Urika, Karmen, Tranquility, Rubikon, Ekos SE, Skale, Krystal. Sarum Super Array IC's. Chord Signature speaker cable

dCS Puccini CD Player

KK/1(D), Klimax Twin (D), ProAc Response D2's
.

HiFi Kabin : Disclaimer