Klimax power cables

Everything relating to the ol' fruit box

Moderator: The Kurators

Graham Russell
Full Member
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:16 pm

Klimax power cables

Post by Graham Russell » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:12 pm

I'm interested in recommendations for Klimax power cables. I currently use Mark Grant shielded power cables on my KDS/3 and Klimax Radikal. Obviously the lid overhang prevents a lot of cables from fitting. Based on listening experience what options are out there....?

Thanks
Graham
Linn | Vitus | Avalon | Highfidelity Cables | Stillpoints

Dave J
Full Member
Posts: 101
Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 10:34 am

Re: Klimax power cables

Post by Dave J » Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:13 pm

Well, although they're a fair old expense, Chord Sarum Super Aray are absolutely fabulous. With the Klimax compliant IEC, I use them on my Radikal and KDSM/2. I reverted to the stock Linn cables just before the Katalyst upgrade and it completely flattened the sound.

red kite

Re: Klimax power cables

Post by red kite » Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:20 pm

Chord Company Sarum Super Aray: power cable [with optional slimline IEC plug] ...£1700
Chord Company Signature: Power cable [with optional slimline IEC plug] ...£550

http://www.chord.co.uk/products/power-cables/

I haven't tried either yet but could do with something better than what i'm presently using.

I'm sure Chris will be along soon to wax lyrical [pardon the pun] :g-giggle:

Jazz Club

Re: Klimax power cables

Post by Jazz Club » Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:36 pm

Graham Russell wrote:I'm interested in recommendations for Klimax power cables. I currently use Mark Grant shielded power cables on my KDS/3 and Klimax Radikal. Obviously the lid overhang prevents a lot of cables from fitting. Based on listening experience what options are out there....?

Thanks
Graham
Graham,
Have you not tried any of the special cables the maker of your amp make since you left Naim?
Are you still using Chord STA from your LP12?

Graham Russell
Full Member
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:16 pm

Re: Klimax power cables

Post by Graham Russell » Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:43 pm

Jazz Club wrote:
Graham Russell wrote:I'm interested in recommendations for Klimax power cables. I currently use Mark Grant shielded power cables on my KDS/3 and Klimax Radikal. Obviously the lid overhang prevents a lot of cables from fitting. Based on listening experience what options are out there....?

Thanks
Graham
Graham,
Have you not tried any of the special cables the maker of your amp make since you left Naim?
Are you still using Chord STA from your LP12?
Not on the Klimax boxes. The exotic power cables I tried on the amp have fat IEC connectors. It is a pain that the overhang at the back of the Klimax case forces the use of a slimline connector.
Linn | Vitus | Avalon | Highfidelity Cables | Stillpoints

Dave J
Full Member
Posts: 101
Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 10:34 am

Re: Klimax power cables

Post by Dave J » Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:28 pm

If you've already got an STA, just send it back to Chord to get the connector swapped. The very excellent Nigel Finn devised a version suitable for Klimax gear.

Graham Russell
Full Member
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:16 pm

Re: Klimax power cables

Post by Graham Russell » Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:35 pm

No I don't have a Chord power cable
Linn | Vitus | Avalon | Highfidelity Cables | Stillpoints

Jazz Club

Re: Klimax power cables

Post by Jazz Club » Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:53 pm

Graham Russell wrote:No I don't have a Chord power cable
Graham,
You don't need one man. :smt018
Did you manage to sell your Chord STA speaker cables?

Graham Russell
Full Member
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:16 pm

Re: Klimax power cables

Post by Graham Russell » Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:00 am

Jazz Club wrote:
Graham Russell wrote:No I don't have a Chord power cable
Graham,
You don't need one man. :smt018
Did you manage to sell your Chord STA speaker cables?
I traded in all the Chord Sarum cables and switched to Highfidelity interconnects and speaker cables.

What is your recommendation for power cables?
Linn | Vitus | Avalon | Highfidelity Cables | Stillpoints

Dave J
Full Member
Posts: 101
Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 10:34 am

Re: Klimax power cables

Post by Dave J » Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:56 pm

Hi Graham,

Which versions of the High a Fidelity cables are you using? Just had a look at their site and know nothing about them.

HiFi Kabin : Disclaimer