Klimax power cables

Everything relating to the ol' fruit box

Moderator: The Kurators

Graham Russell

Re: Klimax power cables

Post by Graham Russell » Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:18 am

Dave J wrote:Hi Graham,

Which versions of the High a Fidelity cables are you using? Just had a look at their site and know nothing about them.
Hi Dave

I have CT1-E rca between both KDS and LP12/Urika and the amp, and CT1-E speaker cables.

I don't get too hung up on marketing "spin" on technology. I let my ears decide. I find them highly transparent and neutral. Perhaps the magnets really do reduce distortion as advertised :) There may also be a good synergy with the Vitus amp.

I got mine from Richard Morris (Lotus HiFi) in Weybridge.
Linn | Vitus | Avalon | Highfidelity Cables | Stillpoints

Dave J

Post by Dave J » Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:28 pm

Thanks Graham,

An interesting approach using magnets, not something I'd heard about before. As you say, who cares about the tech as long as they sound great and they must be something if they replaced Sarum Super Arays.

Cheers
Dave

vincent

Post by vincent » Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:57 pm

red kite wrote:Chord Company Sarum Super Aray: power cable [with optional slimline IEC plug] ...£1700
Chord Company Signature: Power cable [with optional IEC plug] ...£550

http://www.chord.co.uk/products/power-cables/

I haven't tried either yet but could do with something better than what i'm presently using.

I'm sure Chris will be along soon to wax lyrical [pardon the pun] :g-giggle:

I'm just about to home-dem both Sarum Super Aray and Signature on my Klimax Radikal, and maybe also on my Klimax Exakt DSM, as replacements for the standard Linn cable. So I expect to be able to report on this in about a week :smt036

For financial reasons, I'm hoping to conclude that (a) the Signature is no better than the standard cable; and (b) (if it is an improvement) the SSA is no better than the Signature! :smt017

Jazz Club

Post by Jazz Club » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:27 pm

Vincent,
Do you have one ear or two ? :twisted:

evil_C

Post by evil_C » Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:21 pm

vincent wrote:
red kite wrote:Chord Company Sarum Super Aray: power cable [with optional slimline IEC plug] ...£1700
Chord Company Signature: Power cable [with optional slimline IEC plug] ...£550

http://www.chord.co.uk/products/power-cables/

I haven't tried either yet but could do with something better than what i'm presently using.

I'm sure Chris will be along soon to wax lyrical [pardon the pun] :g-giggle:

I'm just about to home-dem both Sarum Super Aray and Signature on my Klimax Radikal, and maybe also on my Klimax Exakt DSM, as replacements for the standard Linn cable. So I expect to be able to report on this in about a week :smt036

For financial reasons, I'm hoping to conclude that (a) the Signature is no better than the standard cable; and (b) (if it is an improvement) the SSA is no better than the Signature! :smt017
Ha ha! We all hope for those miracles!

HiFi Kabin : Disclaimer