hole

Everything relating to the ol' fruit box

Moderator: The Kurators

kota

hole

Post by kota » Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:01 am

Hi there

I'm seriouslly pondering getting a Kore in the near future. Wayne has me on the waiting list already but I will need to open the pre-drilled hole to accomodate my present Ittok arm rest. I know I might regret it in the future if I get an Ekos and will need to use the cap to cover it. Has anyone done that here and was able to live with it afterwards ???

Cheers,

Pedro
Fluted black LP12/Kore/Cirkus/Lingo1/aluminium solid base/Ekos1/ESCO Troika, Naim 72K/HiCap/250, NACA5, Neat Motive SE 2

red kite

Re: hole

Post by red kite » Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:42 am

Pedro,

I wouldn't worry about it, go ahead and enjoy the Kore/Ittok :g-thumb:

If/when the time comes to trade-up to Ekos simply trade up to Keel too.

evil_C

Post by evil_C » Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:30 am

In the days before integrated sub-chassis/armboard when the armboard was a separate entity there was a small plastic plug which could be inserted in the hole. I suspect these might still be available, at least in the dealer network, if not from Linn.

Mr Onion
Site Moderator

Post by Mr Onion » Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:45 am

Peter has plugged my hole :shock:

When he fitted the EKOS to my previously ITTOK'd Kore he fitted the little bung thing in the armrest hole. It looks OK to my eyes, almost like a slightly raised bush that you would drill out if you had an ITTOK to fit.

[ external image ]

Thats the best pic I could get as a close up. Ignore the lump of dust next to the plug. Brush one off, two return :roll:
James

Fluted Afro LP12, Khan, KEEL, Cirkus, Tranquillity, Urika, Radikal (with Allium Skin Mods), EKOS SE/1, sKale, DVXX-2mkII
Consonance Ref 2.2 Linear (upgraded) with Marigo Lab Aida CD Mat
NACish 72, NAPish 250, Kudos Super 20's

Jazz Club

Post by Jazz Club » Sat Nov 05, 2016 3:17 pm

James,
This is a good shot of your bung.
[ external image ]

kota

Post by kota » Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:35 pm

Thanks girl and guys :D

Looking at it really doesn't make too much of a difference. A long time ago I did actually had one of these caps in one of my former LP12's

If and when Cymbiosis find me one, I'll ask Peter to finish the drilling anyway. I reckon I'll be using my present Ittok LVII for quite a while longer but that's just fine.

Cheers

Pedro
Fluted black LP12/Kore/Cirkus/Lingo1/aluminium solid base/Ekos1/ESCO Troika, Naim 72K/HiCap/250, NACA5, Neat Motive SE 2

Mr Onion
Site Moderator

Post by Mr Onion » Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:54 am

When Peter fitted the bung is really snapped home. I could hear it from across the room. He looked at me and said "that comes from drilling the hole correctly in the first place"

Slightly oversized hole and it would rattle like a Austin 7 on a cobbled street.
James

Fluted Afro LP12, Khan, KEEL, Cirkus, Tranquillity, Urika, Radikal (with Allium Skin Mods), EKOS SE/1, sKale, DVXX-2mkII
Consonance Ref 2.2 Linear (upgraded) with Marigo Lab Aida CD Mat
NACish 72, NAPish 250, Kudos Super 20's

shellspeed

Post by shellspeed » Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:50 am

Or anything else build by Austin or its various guises
Well Keeled :smt020

Red Chris

Post by Red Chris » Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:53 am

I've always felt that a hole in an armboard, Kore, Keel etc in that vicinity is best used for an Aro armrest pillar :wink:
Currently Cymbiosis LP12 Woodsong Wenge, Klimax Radikal/Chord Sarum T, Keel/A, Khan, Tranquility, Urika/Chord SSA, Aro, sKale, Lyra Kleos SL - Sondek owner since 1982 - the rest is Naim, Chord and Kudos 8)

Wenge1
Queue Moderator

Post by Wenge1 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:02 pm

Red Chris wrote:I've always felt that a hole in an armboard, Kore, Keel etc in that vicinity is best used for an Aro armrest pillar :wink:
Git to admire your persistence Chris. You never miss an opportunity of this kind. Hats off to you, fella ..... :smt023
Last edited by Wenge1 on Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Harban 'Wenge' Cymbiosis Signature LP12, Klimax Radikal / Urika, Karmen, Tranquility, Rubikon, Ekos SE, Skale, Krystal. Sarum Super Array IC's. Chord Signature speaker cable

dCS Puccini CD Player

KK/1(D), Klimax Twin (D), ProAc Response D2's

HiFi Kabin : Disclaimer