Trampolin

Everything relating to the ol' fruit box

Moderator: The Kurators

The Flatearther

Trampolin

Post by The Flatearther » Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:04 pm

I had a wonderful day yesterday up at Cymbiosis. Shellspeed (James), was ever so kind to ferry me up to Peter's to have a Trampolin fitted. What a marvellous and generous thing to do given that James lives near Heathrow and I live in Essex. So first, James thank you so much you are a gentleman.

James arrived nicely in time for us to play some music and chat and then we packed up the LP12 and set off for Brook park. Straight away on the M11 we were caught up in traffic which plagued us for quite a bit of the journey. But we didn't mind as we were talking music, Hifi and generally setting the world to rights.

We arrived at Peter's and he set about the Trampolin and a quick once over of the LP12. Letting Peter have some quiet, James and I wasted no time in grabbing Phil for some very interesting Space Optimisation education. Phil has come across just about every room and mode and working hand in hand with Philbo has a vast experience of configuring SO. It was very interesting to understand the proper Linn method. I look forward to having a fresh look at it on my KDS. But back to the LP12.

Once Peter had finished we sat and listened to my Wenge LP12 PS Signature No. 57, with the Trampolin doing its thing with my Aro Kandid sounding just so, so musical and glorious through Kudos Titans. What a system. Simply stunning. Time passed as we just kept playing albums with Peter pulling just “one more” from his recent travels treasure trove.

Sadly, time drew on and it was time to go home. Once home we had some of my wife's homemade chilli and then we set up the LP12. TomOK once said to me, Steve don't walk to a Trampolin, RUN! Well he was right, I waited far too long and really should have managed my way up to Peter's sooner. So how did it sound back at home. Beautiful. The bass was even more tuneful and leaner losing just a slight bloom that only I had noticed but now it was gone and the bass tunes were just perfect. But so was the rest. The whole of the melodies underpinned by their harmonies were just so, so tuneful. The PRaT had improved it was very easy on the ear with improved dynamics with the bottom of the dynamic level sounding as if it was 3db lower and quieter. This made it very easy to follow the tunes. The Tramp isolation was working perfectly. The Leicester Guru had wrung his magic up on the LP12 once again. And it was a late night last night playing records. Having spent the day listening to the very best of Naim and Kudos, I was not disappointed listening to my own Naim 52/250 and Isobariks with whole system just sounding so enjoyable as if we were front row in front of the stage. Just showing how important the source is with the LP12/Aro/Kandid giving the system the very best music to work with. I was reminded once again just how great a cartridge the Kandid is.

So, in conclusion if you’re thinking about a Trampolin, Run don't wait! LOL.

Big thank you to Peter for his magic and a massive thank you to James for being so generous and jolly good company and for giving me a wonderful day out

Wenge1
Queue Moderator

Re: Trampolin

Post by Wenge1 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:32 pm

Great to hear that your pleased with the results of your latest visit to Peter's. I can't remember just exactly what the Trampoline did to my deck as it was quite awhile when I had my first one fitted but it must have been worthwhile ........ 8)

Anyway Steve, I'm very pleased to that your continuing to get so much enjoyment from your LP12 ......... :smt020
Harban 'Wenge' Cymbiosis Signature LP12, Klimax Radikal / Urika, Karmen, Tranquility, Rubikon, Ekos SE, Skale, Krystal. Sarum Super Array IC's. Chord Signature speaker cable

dCS Puccini CD Player

KK/1(D), Klimax Twin (D), ProAc Response D2's

Red Chris

Trampolin

Post by Red Chris » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:28 pm

Glad to hear that you had a great day Steve :smt023

I have always liked what the Trampolin II brings when used with Hutter and of course it is a pre-requisite with the Urika. Derek Jenkins sold me my original Tramp II quite a few years back now.
Currently Cymbiosis LP12 Woodsong Wenge, Klimax Radikal/Chord Sarum T, Keel/A, Khan, Tranquility, Urika/Chord SSA, Aro, sKale, Lyra Kleos SL - Sondek owner since 1982 - the rest is Naim, Chord and Kudos 8)

The Flatearther

Post by The Flatearther » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:34 pm

Thank you chaps.

Mr Fixit
Trade Member

Post by Mr Fixit » Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:21 pm

Great to see you both and I'm really pleased you had a good time and found the Trampolin 2 a worthwhile upgrade.

It's really so helpful for others to know the benefits a single upgrade like this can make, as baseboards are an often a debated topic with various opinions based on historical information.

I'm pleased to hear that your chat with Phil about streaming and Linn's Space optimization was very useful for you too. So many owners do not get the necessary tech talk from their own selling retailers it seems :cry:

Enjoy!

Happy New Year guys!

KR

Peter
Email: peter@cymbiosis.com
Web: http://www.cymbiosis.com

HiFi Kabin : Disclaimer