Moderator: The Kurators

Jazz Club

Re: kore

Post by Jazz Club » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:01 pm

They've changed the packaging .

Gromit

Post by Gromit » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:17 pm

Jazz Club wrote:They've changed the packaging .
How dare they!!! :shock:
Afro LP12/Cirkus/Kore/Herc II/Roksan Nima/Hana EL/Dynavector P75/Cyrus 8vs-PSX-R/Royd Sintra II...oh, and some digital thingy.

Gromit

Post by Gromit » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:27 pm

'tis done. :)

Got home from Cymbiosis about an hour ago so had time for a very brief listen - got a couple of hours' music teaching to do now but will report back later.
Afro LP12/Cirkus/Kore/Herc II/Roksan Nima/Hana EL/Dynavector P75/Cyrus 8vs-PSX-R/Royd Sintra II...oh, and some digital thingy.

Wenge1
Queue Moderator

Post by Wenge1 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:47 pm

Gromit wrote:'tis done. :)

Got home from Cymbiosis about an hour ago so had time for a very brief listen - got a couple of hours' music teaching to do now but will report back later.
Congrats ........... :smt023
Harban 'Wenge' Cymbiosis Signature LP12, Klimax Radikal / Urika, Karmen, Tranquility, Rubikon, Ekos SE, Skale, Krystal. Sarum Super Array IC's. Chord Signature speaker cable

dCS Puccini CD Player

KK/1(D), Klimax Twin (D), ProAc Response D2's

Gromit

Post by Gromit » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:23 pm

A short break from spinning some tunes...

Thoughts? A fair few as it happens - and a certain re-adjustment to what I'd expect from an upgrade. Gone are the days (on buying new kit) of experiencing a 'night & day' improvement in the musical capability of my humble little rig, but having now had a couple of hours listening to my newly-Kore'd LP12 I'm really feeling this is one of those moments. I sincerely feel that spending upwards of £1k on a new cartridge wouldn't have given this magnitude of uprgade.

What the Kore has done is bring about a fundamental change in how my record player (and the music upon it) sends its message to me as the listener. It's not so much the increase in instrumental detail (ie you can hear more stuff) but how the slightest nuance, those tiny moments which help to communicate intention (both dynamic and temporal) is brought out so much more clearly. I wasn't disappointed at how the Cirkus had cleaned up the bass, but did miss the 'grunt' it had before. Now, the Kore as put that impact back - bass is stronger, but unlike the pre-Cirk deck I just know it can keep up. Pitch coherence is improved, and the difference in tonal colour within differing harmonic intervals.

Tomorrow is the 10th anniversary of Michael Brecker's death - within my limited means I cannot think of a nicer way to commemorate that than with a day of his recordings, played on my wonderful turntable.

kota

Post by kota » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:34 pm

Very happy for you, Richard. Mine is arriving soon and I only hope the results will be at least the same as yours :smt023
Fluted black LP12/Kore/Cirkus/Lingo1/aluminium solid base/Ekos1/Troika, Naim cd3.5/72K/HiCap/180, NACA5, Neat Mystiques2

Gromit

Post by Gromit » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:57 am

kota wrote:Mine is arriving soon and I only hope the results will be at least the same as yours :smt023
I'm sure they will be. :smt020

Mr Fixit
Trade Member

Post by Mr Fixit » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:10 pm

Hi Gromit,

I'm really pleased you are so happy with your Kore.

I'm also really happy someone has come along (you) with such a succinct, detailed and accurate post about what improvements the Kore brings. Yes they are bigger than either arm or cartridge for sure. This I feel, was exactly what the o/p was searching for when starting this thread originally.

Enjoy.

Best regards,

Peter

Looking good and sounding even better on test yesterday!
[ external image ]
Email: peter@cymbiosis.com
Web: http://www.cymbiosis.com

Wenge1
Queue Moderator

Post by Wenge1 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:54 pm

Richard, very pleased to here that you getting so much satisfaction from your Kore. And it's only the second day ...... :smt020
Harban 'Wenge' Cymbiosis Signature LP12, Klimax Radikal / Urika, Karmen, Tranquility, Rubikon, Ekos SE, Skale, Krystal. Sarum Super Array IC's. Chord Signature speaker cable

dCS Puccini CD Player

KK/1(D), Klimax Twin (D), ProAc Response D2's

Jazz Club

Post by Jazz Club » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:14 pm

Richard,
Your TT does look lovely and a brilliant LP playing. 8)
Enjoy. :smt023

HiFi Kabin : Disclaimer