kore

Everything relating to the ol' fruit box

Moderator: The Kurators

User avatar
Gromit
Full Member
Posts: 65
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:18 am

Re: kore

Post by Gromit » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:02 pm

Thanks all :)

Just need to put a Mose or Lingo 1 on the shopping list (mainly to get the psu off-board) then a Tramp II, and that'll be me all done for bits'n'pieces. :smt020
Afro LP12/Cirkus/Kore/Herc II/Roksan Nima/Hana EL/Dynavector P75/Cyrus 8vs-PSX-R/Royd Sintra II...oh, and some digital thingy.

Jazz Club

Re: kore

Post by Jazz Club » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:32 pm

Gromit wrote:Thanks all :)

Just need to put a Mose or Lingo 1 on the shopping list (mainly to get the psu off-board) then a Tramp II, and that'll be me all done for bits'n'pieces. :smt020
Richard,
I wouldn't rush into getting a Mose or lingo 1.
Hold out for a pre loved lingo 2.
Tramp 2 is a cheap as chips upgrade that can be fitted at the same time.
Peter gets both in as trade ins on a regular basis.
Just get yourself on his list and he will let you know when available.
Until then don't worry about upgrades ,Just enjoy your new vinyl collection. :smt023

User avatar
Gromit
Full Member
Posts: 65
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:18 am

Re: kore

Post by Gromit » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:06 pm

Jazz Club wrote:[Richard,
I wouldn't rush into getting a Mose or lingo 1.
Hold out for a pre loved lingo 2.
Tramp 2 is a cheap as chips upgrade that can be fitted at the same time.
Peter gets both in as trade ins on a regular basis.
Just get yourself on his list and he will let you know when available.
Until then don't worry about upgrades ,Just enjoy your new vinyl collection. :smt023
Thanks JC - I had a brief play with some Focalpods under my LP12 this afternoon 'just for fun' as I'm well aware that having the deck sat on top of a rack (even a very solid, spiked one) isn't ideal. This did change the sound of the system - both for better and worse - but brought it home to me how I probably need a Tramp 2. Only one thing concerns me and that's the fitting of one to an old afro plinth, with a built-in psu. :?
Afro LP12/Cirkus/Kore/Herc II/Roksan Nima/Hana EL/Dynavector P75/Cyrus 8vs-PSX-R/Royd Sintra II...oh, and some digital thingy.

User avatar
Coyote Jim
Site Moderator
Posts: 7734
Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:18 pm
Location: "In The Groove"

Re: kore

Post by Coyote Jim » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:23 pm

Gromit wrote:
Jazz Club wrote:[Richard,
I wouldn't rush into getting a Mose or lingo 1.
Hold out for a pre loved lingo 2.
Tramp 2 is a cheap as chips upgrade that can be fitted at the same time.
Peter gets both in as trade ins on a regular basis.
Just get yourself on his list and he will let you know when available.
Until then don't worry about upgrades ,Just enjoy your new vinyl collection. :smt023
Thanks JC - I had a brief play with some Focalpods under my LP12 this afternoon 'just for fun' as I'm well aware that having the deck sat on top of a rack (even a very solid, spiked one) isn't ideal. This did change the sound of the system - both for better and worse - but brought it home to me how I probably need a Tramp 2. Only one thing concerns me and that's the fitting of one to an old afro plinth, with a built-in psu. :?
Gromit,
It's not recommended for safety reasons to use a Tramp 2 with an inboard PS but the old Tramp1 is ok as its not conductive " but it's a bit of non event too " I would go for a recent ish Lingo and Tramp 2 if pos and enjoy real and safe upgrades.
8) :smt023
"Cymbiosis"
Analogue Klimax LP12, Linn CD, Analogue Linn Amp, Kudos Speakers. 8) :smt023
Coyote Jim :wink:

User avatar
Gromit
Full Member
Posts: 65
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:18 am

Re: kore

Post by Gromit » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:06 pm

Coyote Jim wrote: Gromit,
It's not recommended for safety reasons to use a Tramp 2 with an inboard PS but the old Tramp1 is ok as its not conductive " but it's a bit of non event too " I would go for a recent ish Lingo and Tramp 2 if pos and enjoy real and safe upgrades.
8) :smt023
Thanks CJ - this is what I've heard from a couple of sources, and having a mate who tried a Tramp 1 (he still owns my old LP12, sold to him in 1991) he reckoned it didn't bring anything to the party, moving it on pronto. The Mose idea was mainly to make the deck safe for the Tramp 2.
Afro LP12/Cirkus/Kore/Herc II/Roksan Nima/Hana EL/Dynavector P75/Cyrus 8vs-PSX-R/Royd Sintra II...oh, and some digital thingy.

Jazz Club

Re: kore

Post by Jazz Club » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:34 pm

Richard,
I hope when you had a play with Focal's You removed the mat and plater from your LP12 before moving it?

User avatar
Gromit
Full Member
Posts: 65
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:18 am

Re: kore

Post by Gromit » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:50 pm

Jazz Club wrote:Richard,
I hope when you had a play with Focal's You removed the mat and plater from your LP12 before moving it?
Oh...I just propped the whole deck up on its side whilst I placed the 'Pods in place on the shelf. ;)

Worry not, JC - having owned LP12's many years ago the first thing I do when moving it is removing the outer platter, then chocking the innner with a polystyrene 'wedge' which is grooved to go either side of the spindle. Stops things moving whilst the deck is moved.
Afro LP12/Cirkus/Kore/Herc II/Roksan Nima/Hana EL/Dynavector P75/Cyrus 8vs-PSX-R/Royd Sintra II...oh, and some digital thingy.

Jazz Club

Re: kore

Post by Jazz Club » Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:07 am

Brilliant,
I take that as a no i didn't then. :roll:

User avatar
Gromit
Full Member
Posts: 65
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:18 am

Re: kore

Post by Gromit » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:29 am

Jazz Club wrote:Brilliant,
I take that as a no i didn't then. :roll:
Absolutely. 8)
Afro LP12/Cirkus/Kore/Herc II/Roksan Nima/Hana EL/Dynavector P75/Cyrus 8vs-PSX-R/Royd Sintra II...oh, and some digital thingy.

User avatar
Mr Fixit
Trade Member
Posts: 841
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:52 am

Re: kore

Post by Mr Fixit » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:02 am

Gromit wrote:
Jazz Club wrote:[Richard,
Only one thing concerns me and that's the fitting of one to an old afro plinth, with a built-in psu. :?
You have enough depth on you plinth Gromit. If there had been a problem I would have voiced it during the build. The very early plinths can cause issues, but not your corner-braced one.

I have Lingo 1s and the more desirable Lingo 2 coming in regularly, so it's just a case of ensuring Wayne has you on our waiting list when you are ready.

KR

Peter
Email: peter@cymbiosis.com
Web: http://www.cymbiosis.com
Skype: peteratcymbiosis

HiFi Kabin : Disclaimer