Tigerpaw Tranquility

Everything relating to the ol' fruit box

Moderator: The Kurators

Wenge1

Tigerpaw Tranquility

Post by Wenge1 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:35 pm

Roger has a new product out. Info about it is here.

http://www.tiger-paw.com/tranquility

Peter has made an initial post over on the 'other' forum. He seems initially impressed but has further listening to do.
Harban 'Wenge' Cymbiosis Signature LP12, Klimax Radikal / Urika, Karmen, Tranquility, Rubikon, Ekos SE, Skale, Krystal. Sarum Super Array IC's. Chord Signature speaker cable

dCS Puccini CD Player

KK/1(D), Klimax Twin (D), ProAc Response D2's

Jazz Club

Re: Tigerpaw Tranquility

Post by Jazz Club » Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:50 pm

That looks interesting?
I guess thats what Eddie Chris and a few others were on about last year.

Wenge1

Post by Wenge1 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:00 pm

Jazz Club wrote:
Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:50 pm
That looks interesting?
I guess thats what Eddie Chris and a few others were on about last year.
Yes that would be the one. Whatever peoples views are on after market LP12 products, Roger certainly comes up with different and, as you say, interesting' takes. He is one clever bloke as well as being a good all round chap. You of course know all this Stu, but other newer members to the forum may not know this ....... :D
Harban 'Wenge' Cymbiosis Signature LP12, Klimax Radikal / Urika, Karmen, Tranquility, Rubikon, Ekos SE, Skale, Krystal. Sarum Super Array IC's. Chord Signature speaker cable

dCS Puccini CD Player

KK/1(D), Klimax Twin (D), ProAc Response D2's

Jazz Club

Post by Jazz Club » Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:55 pm

Its sort of Wankel meets Linn but not in a motorised way :smt023

Mr Onion
Site Moderator

Post by Mr Onion » Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:14 pm

It looks very interesting. If its as good as the bill matter says it'll be a bit of a bargain
James

Fluted Afro LP12, Khan, Kore, Cirkus, Tranquillity, Trampolin2, Radikal (with Allium Skin Mods), EKOS SE/1, sKale, DVXX-2mkII, HoL Mat

Lots of black boxes connected with bits of damp string.

Roger@TP
Trade Member

Post by Roger@TP » Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:48 pm

haha, thanks for your kind words :D Yes, it's what I mentioned last year but has taken some time to finalise and get to a production ready item.

There are only a handful out there at the moment, but so far the feedback has been really good. I don't want to be all arrogant about it, and I had a lot of help from someone else who had been involved with fully levitated magnetic bearings but even so it was quite complicated to ensure that it would be compatible with all versions of LP12s, regardless of top plate or sub chassis, as well of course to work properly. But basically taking a layer of noise out really does make a good difference regardless of specification of deck.

Anyway, another thing to listen to @ Peter's Precision LP12 emporium:-) On that subject, it's been at least 6 months since I was last there and the LP12 wall has become even more impressive in terms of choice and specs.

Anyway, hope you get some feedback from users soon and enjoy what it does.

FangfossFlyer

Post by FangfossFlyer » Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:05 pm

Just read the posts on the Linn forum and some real +ve comments from some one who has heard it.

All I can say is intriguing and I would be interested in a dem one day.

Richard
"When the music's over, Turn out the lights"
Linn LP12-Naim-B&W

Gromit

Post by Gromit » Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:35 pm

Peter mentioned this last week when I was having the Kore fitted, he was giving off very positive vibes about it. :)

Just read the review on the Linn forum and this looks to be a very nice upgrade for the ol'fruit box, with the added bonus of being easy to fit (ie even I could do it!). A great idea, and one which I'll investigate further the next time I make the short journey down the A46. 8)
Afro LP12/Cirkus/Kore/Herc II/Roksan Nima/Hana EL/Dynavector P75/Cyrus 8vs-PSX-R/Royd Sintra II...oh, and some digital thingy.

Jazz Club

Post by Jazz Club » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:07 am

Eddies written an epic .
http://forums.linn.co.uk/bb/showthread. ... #pid423342
Options are out there,
image.jpeg
Only £399 for Tiger Paw Tranquility
This is Ear Disk Master TT
Tim de Paravicini's no-contact drive system has low-noise motor, controlled by servo loop to drive sub-platter, which drives main platter by means of opposing magnets. So platter's truly suspended.

Never ever heard one tho'.
[SHOW]
Only $28,500.00
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mr Fixit
Trade Member

Post by Mr Fixit » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:51 pm

I've just posted on the Linn Forum in response there and I've copied it in below as an independent review/s is what's required I feel and there are a couple of things to remember for anyone DIY fitting the Tranquility IMHO.....:

KR

Peter

Anyway, here you go :
Dr_Eddie wrote: Since the tolerances the bearing is made to by Linn are so close, I think it fair to say that this figure is right for every Sondek. No degree of fine tuning will be necessary , all of this has been built into the design by Roger already.
The figure above should read 90% levitation, 10% is the residual contact. Sorry if I confused you.
Excellent write-up Eddie thank you and this was one of those instances I believe, where it's best hearing from an end-user like you rather than from me.

Suffice to say, I'm very impressed with what I've heard so far and I'm happy to demonstrate the Tranquility to anyone who's interested.

However, while it is an easy fit, I do believe some fine tuning is necessary and this is something Roger and I will be looking at, so as to arrive at a setting that will be pre-set for supply for use with the Cirkus bearing. However, for pre-Cirkus bearings; I pointed out a couple of issues to Roger regarding the inner platter and the diameter of the machined casting where one half of the Tranquility locates against around the spindle. Basically, there are variations in this diameter in pre-Cirkus inner platters which Roger needs to allow for, to ensure a snug and vibration free fit. This can be achieved by the use of an over-sized O ring.

So my thoughts are that while this can be viewed as a self fit it would be much better if a dealer fits it if practically possible. Additionally, Tranquility weighs approximately 175 grams, and this additional mass whilst not huge when viewed against the total sprung mass, nevertheless is significant and for best performance means some suspension adjustments should be made.

Yes, by all means try/self fit the Tranquility if you wish, so you can hear the difference it makes, but remember results will be better once the suspension has been correctly adjusted and please remember that in the process of fitting, you are required to remove the sub-platter from the bearing well, so please ensure there is no contamination of the oil (contamination of the oil if people are careless when dealing with a sub-platter is IMHO the main reason for bearing wear, not usage!) so you should carefully clean off/remove any oil on the spindle, ensuring no contamination (dust, grit!) is introduced back into the bearing well once the spindle is replaced and of course the oil must be topped up to compensate for the oil lost during this process.

I appreciate I am probably stating the obvious for many above, but it is surprising how many damaged bearings, even Cirkus ones I have seen and had to replace because a sub-platter with some contamination has been lowered back into the bearing well turning the oil into a coarse kind of lapping paste! damaging your bearing.

Anyway, that said the Tranquility promises much and I have to say that I believe it delivers too....This needs to be heard to be appreciated. Just ensure you keep your oil clean please :)

Kind regards,

Peter
Email: peter@cymbiosis.com
Web: http://www.cymbiosis.com

HiFi Kabin : Disclaimer