Tigerpaw Tranquility

Everything relating to the ol' fruit box

Moderator: The Kurators

Wenge1

Re: Tigerpaw Tranquility

Post by Wenge1 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:41 am

dan steel wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:31 am
All those albums will be rediscovered, happy Listening Adam 8)
PS - Don't forget to edit your signature :smt023
Cheers Jim....... 8)
Harban 'Wenge' Cymbiosis Signature LP12, Klimax Radikal / Urika, Karmen, Tranquility, Rubikon, Ekos SE, Skale, Krystal. Sarum Super Array IC's. Chord Signature speaker cable

dCS Puccini CD Player

KK/1(D), Klimax Twin (D), ProAc Response D2's

Mr Onion
Site Moderator

Post by Mr Onion » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:20 am

dan steel wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:08 pm
Mr Onion wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:46 pm
Just back from my trip out to meet Wenge (oh and Peter and the Tranqus) Adam had beaten us there, so he was in the jig first (well, you know what I mean) His is a great looking plinth complete with its TOP PLATE looking really good. Mrs O wandered off to the local Church Yard (she documents gravestones as a hobby) and left us along with a "don't spend too much money" look :wink:
James,
Next time Mrs O is documenting tell her to pick one out for me. The way I feel lately....... :roll:

I'll ask her if she takes requests :smt023 (The Sexton at the Cemetery that Mrs O's parents are in has already selected the plot he is having. It is literally at the top of a mountain, just off the Heads of the Valley road in Wales @ 1,350 feet )
James

Fluted Afro LP12, Khan, Kore, Cirkus, Tranquillity, Trampolin2, Radikal (with Allium Skin Mods), EKOS SE/1, sKale, DVXX-2mkII, HoL Mat

Lots of black boxes connected with bits of damp string.

Mr Onion
Site Moderator

Post by Mr Onion » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:23 am

Wenge1 wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:03 pm
Well, as you lot will have already read, both Mr O and I had a great time at Peter's Emporium today. Having read James's initial write up I did wonder whether he had mixed me up with some latecomer who arrived after I had left but my thanks to him anyway, for his generous assessment of my character...... :shock:
Maybe that was Phil I was chatting with :smt017 :wink:
Wenge1 wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:03 pm
For those of you who have not had the good fortune to meet James (and his wife Annie), they are both easy going, nice people. Apart from being a decent bloke, James really does have some in depth knowledge of the LP12 and also his custom built electronics that make up his amplification system. We had plenty of time to chat before my deck had the Tranquility fitted.

Awww, shucks :oops:
James

Fluted Afro LP12, Khan, Kore, Cirkus, Tranquillity, Trampolin2, Radikal (with Allium Skin Mods), EKOS SE/1, sKale, DVXX-2mkII, HoL Mat

Mr Onion
Site Moderator

Post by Mr Onion » Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:49 am

Now I have recovered from the trip to Peters, some more info for you all.

Double Black 45rpm

Adam knows how good this sounded on Wednesday. Well, playing it here its not that far off IMHO. Yes, there is a wee bit less bass (OK, a few octaves worth :roll: Those Titans go lower than low) but its just as clear and precise, loads of space around everything, the notes are starting and stopping quicker.

Four Hundred Squid for a Tranq? Bargain, but get Peter (or someone else with experience) to fit it. Like all things LP12 its easy to do but much harder to do properly. Peter took the best part of an hour :shock:
James

Wenge1

Post by Wenge1 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:15 pm

It's rare that I follow up on a write up of an improvement I have made to my LP12 but in the case of the Tranquility I want to make an exception. Now before C.J. groans out loud in anticipation of a missive of similar length as my last one I say, "fear not good fellow", this one will be much shorter.

Obviously I have spun the odd album or two since I got back late Wednesday afternoon and I my appreciation of the Tranquility just keeps growing. The more complex the track the more the 'Tranq.' seems to give back. It's a fantastic value for money upgrade. In fact I just wanted to throw it out there and say; "if your deck is of the Cirkused variety then your next upgrade should be a Tranquility".

In other words, IMHO, it is right up there in hierarchy. I freely admit I have not done all the comparisons in order to have arrived at this conclusion via listening tests. Just thought I lay this thought before my fellow vinylistas ......... 8)
Harban 'Wenge' Cymbiosis Signature LP12, Klimax Radikal / Urika, Karmen, Tranquility, Rubikon, Ekos SE, Skale, Krystal. Sarum Super Array IC's. Chord Signature speaker cable

dCS Puccini CD Player

KK/1(D), Klimax Twin (D), ProAc Response D2's

Red Chris

Tiger-paw Tranquility

Post by Red Chris » Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:01 pm

Good point Adam. It would be interesting to hear people's view as to where the Tranquility fits into the hierarchy.
Cymbiosis LP12 Woodsong Wenge, Klimax Radikal/Chord Sarum T, Keel/A, Khan, Tranquility, Urika/Chord SSA, Aro, sKale, Krystal - Sondek owner since 1982 - the rest is Naim Chord and Kudos 8)

Mr Onion
Site Moderator

Post by Mr Onion » Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:03 am

As Adam isn't here I'll sling in my 2c

6 months or so ago Peter fitted an EKOS SE/1 replacing my ITTOK LVIII and this is a bigger upgrade. Bigger than the Kore/Khan I had before that? Probably. I would say it is almost fundamental to the bearing performing at its best.

At £400 it is really a no brainer no matter what level of LP12 you have. (though if you still have a pre Cirkus I would suggest that you need to get it Cirkussed first)

BUT expert fitting really is important. Peter tweaked both Adam's and my LP12 suspension after fitting it. Yes, I could have fitted it myself, but would I have fitted it properly? Without the jig, certainly not. Without the experience, maybe but I would always have the nagging doubt in the back of my brain ( :roll: ) wondering if I had done it properly.
James

evil_C

Post by evil_C » Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:20 am

And that nagging doubt is precisely why I haven't just ordered one from Tiger Paw. Whilst I'm sure I could fit it, I don't have the Linn jig and wouldn't be able to tweak the suspension. Hence, I shall wait. The question is though, how long can I wait..?

Mr Onion
Site Moderator

Post by Mr Onion » Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:36 am

evil_C wrote:
Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:20 am
<snip>The question is though, how long can I wait..?

... until the day after Peter is back from the USofA?
James

apye

Post by apye » Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:52 pm

evil_C wrote:
Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:20 am
And that nagging doubt is precisely why I haven't just ordered one from Tiger Paw. Whilst I'm sure I could fit it, I don't have the Linn jig and wouldn't be able to tweak the suspension. Hence, I shall wait. The question is though, how long can I wait..?

I'm with you on this Clive!! :D :smt023
Don't think it's a matter of if but when? :smt017 :smt023
HiddenSystems LP12/Ekos2/sKale/Krystal/Radikal/Keel/Tranquility, TP Vulkan, Naim CD5X, Naim 82/SC2/250 on Walnut Isoblue, Tellurium Q Black cables into Audiovector M3 Avantgarde Arreté Speakers.

HiFi Kabin : Disclaimer