Jazz Club

Re: guidance on upgrade

Post by Jazz Club » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:27 pm

ray davis wrote:
Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:19 pm
Jazz Club wrote:
Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:11 pm
Ray,
You will love what the Radikal does to your deck but try and have a listen to the Tranquility on its own before Peter pulls it apart to fit the Radikal so you can hear what it brings to the party in its own right. :smt023
Will have to see how much time their is, i have basically pushed in on chris s day. So dont want to rob him of time.
If Chris still has his Nait system in the other room ? You could always listen to your deck with the Tranquility on that while Peters pulling his system apart to fit the Fraim.

Jazz Club

Post by Jazz Club » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:35 pm

Even better idea Peter fits the Tranquility to your deck first and put it where Chris has his CDS3 so you can hear what it does through his main system against his none Tranquility deck. :smt023

Red Chris

Post by Red Chris » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:39 pm

I would love to hear the Tranquility effect on a non-Radikal deck 8) ** and after the deck has benn Radikalised we could try a KRad bake off :D

The timing is going to be mainly down to what Peter needs to do.

** By way of full disclosure, and to avoid any misunderstanding, I have already put my name down for a Tranquility - enough people whose opinions I respect have given it such glowing praise that I do not consider it a risk
Cymbiosis Tangerine LP12 Klimax Radikal/Chord Sarum T, Keel/A, Tranquility, Urika/Chord Sarum T, Aro, sKale, Lyra Kleos SL - Sondek owner since 1982 - the rest is Naim, Chord and Kudos 8)

Jazz Club

Post by Jazz Club » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:54 pm

Red Chris wrote:
Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:39 pm
I would love to hear the Tranquility effect on a non-Radikal deck 8) ** and after the deck has benn Radikalised we could try a KRad bake off :D

The timing is going to be mainly down to what Peter needs to do.

** By way of full disclosure, and to avoid any misunderstanding, I have already put my name down for a Tranquility - enough people whose opinions I respect have given it such glowing praise that I do not consider it a risk
Chris,
You could even try two Radikal boxes but i wouldn't bother. :smt018
Would be interesting to hear what Rays sounded like with the Tranquility fitted against yours before yours was fitted?
You could even try your CDS3 cable on his phono stage into your Nac 552 to see what that brought to the party :smt023

Red Chris

Post by Red Chris » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:30 pm

I would be rather concerned that listening to a Chord Sarum Super ARAY on his Prefix might overwhelm Ray with its beauty and musicality :wink:
Cymbiosis Tangerine LP12 Klimax Radikal/Chord Sarum T, Keel/A, Tranquility, Urika/Chord Sarum T, Aro, sKale, Lyra Kleos SL - Sondek owner since 1982 - the rest is Naim, Chord and Kudos 8)

Jazz Club

Post by Jazz Club » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:35 pm

Red Chris wrote:
Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:30 pm
I would be rather concerned that listening to a Chord Sarum Super ARAY on his Prefix might overwhelm Ray with its beauty and musicality :wink:
Laugh :wink:

Wenge1
Queue Moderator

Post by Wenge1 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:11 pm

Red Chris wrote:
Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:39 pm

Nothing wrong with that. It's what I did , fully expecting the demo, (this Thursday), to be a bit of a formality and not result in an 'empty handed' trip to Brook Park as well using a precious day off work. Also I would not trust myself to fit the tranquility myself ............. :smt023 ........ All will be revealed soon ......... 8)
LP12 - Klimax Radikal/Urika, Karmen, Tranquility, Rubikon, Ekos SE, Skale, Kandid
CD Player - dCS Puccini CD Player + Scarlatti Master Clock
Amps - KK/1(D), Klimax Twin (D)
Speakers - ProAc Response D2's
Cables - Chord Sarum Super Arrays + Chord Signature speaker cable

Red Chris

Post by Red Chris » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:52 pm

Adam - if you don't buy one I could cancel the order :smt023 8)

Mr Fixit
Trade Member

Re: Guidance on upgrade

Post by Mr Fixit » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:01 am

evil_C wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:01 pm
Red Chris wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:49 pm
is right about carefully considering the arm choice with a potential Keel in mind. As much as I love my Aro I think that if I didn't already have one I would have to aim for an Ekos SE now - perhaps moving to a Keel/Ekos 2 as an interim measure - so that's another Cymbiosis waiting list possibility 8)
I realise that statement is conditional ("If I didn't already have one..."), but I can't believe Chris would ever consider settling for second best :roll: . Besides, Ray is already used to a unipivot arm. I see secondhand Aros on a famous auction site selling for about £1,500 or so and, if you can still find one, new in unopened box Aros go for between £2,500 to £3,000, still less than the price of an Ekos SE, but (IMHO) sooooo much better :smt023 . And I think Peter may still be able to supply a new Keel/As as well as most spare parts from alternative suppliers.
Just for the record and by all means spread the word if you wish.... Following the success of the Aro Keel batch I brought back in June of last year, I was able to help out a good number of clients and even a few dealers like Simon at Infidelity and Thomas OK in the USA so I went back to Linn cap in hand and ordered another batch. So currently no problems as I have about 20 in stock :roll:

Well, somebody had to do it.

KR

Peter
Email: peter@cymbiosis.com
Web: http://www.cymbiosis.com

Mr Fixit
Trade Member

Post by Mr Fixit » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:15 am

evil_C wrote:
Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:39 pm
ray davis wrote:
Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:45 pm
Radikal has been acquired also tranquillity :D
I wonder if you've got my Akurate Radikal? It was mint.
Nope evil_C, that one was is long gone actually. We have been able to re-home a number of Akurate Radikals recently and so the waiting list Wayne operates for me was satisfied as regards Radikals and so Ray timed his contact perfectly, both in terms of availability: (This one travelled back with me from Singapore and arrived back in Blighty Sunday morning.) and installation as we can combine it's installation with CD's Fraim.
Additionally, I instructed Wayne just to work out a price to upgrade/change over for Ray with his Lingo 3 coming back. It's up to the man himself if he wishes to talk numbers, but I hope he's pretty happy and gives the lie to a certain west London dealer who thinks I make a bomb on such "deals". Anyway, enough said on that one, my role is to make clients happy and not p*ss people off as many of you know.

KR

Peter
Email: peter@cymbiosis.com
Web: http://www.cymbiosis.com

HiFi Kabin : Disclaimer