Do You Have Any Third Party Parts On Your LP12?

Everything relating to the ol' fruit box

Moderator: The Kurators

Simon P
Trade Member

Re: Do You Have Any Third Party Parts On Your LP12?

Post by Simon P » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:21 pm

Yes
Khan, Alphason HR100S mcs, Plinth

arm

Post by arm » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:16 am

God no!

Mark57

Post by Mark57 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:59 pm

Yep. My Lp12 sports a Khan. Rest is all Linn tho'.

Pediatrik

Post by Pediatrik » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:16 pm

Nope
LP12, Cirkus, Kore, Trampolin 2, Lingo 2, Akito 1b, Adikt, Akurate EDSM, Klimax Exaktbox/2, Akurate 4200s, Keltiks, Silver ICs, Black K200s

ray davis

Post by ray davis » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:45 pm

Great day out, does the Tranquility work. Yep you bet it does we did direct a b comparison on my deck. The radikal bit i will be getting done by Peter next week. Chris s deck is already superb and the Tranquility worked extremely well. The fraim building bit wow , what a superb education from Peter . But the quality of the parts is superb , easy to put together when you have an expert there. The detail paid to everything cable dressing etc. The result in the end was mind blowing listening to a system that just worked in every way possible. Lots of pictures taken by chris throughout the day. Thanks for his hospitality today thoroughly enjoyed it.

Jazz Club

Post by Jazz Club » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:23 pm

ray davis wrote:
Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:45 pm
Great day out, does the Tranquility work. Yep you bet it does we did direct a b comparison on my deck. The radikal bit i will be getting done by Peter next week. Chris s deck is already superb and the Tranquility worked extremely well. The fraim building bit wow , what a superb education from Peter . But the quality of the parts is superb , easy to put together when you have an expert there. The detail paid to everything cable dressing etc. The result in the end was mind blowing listening to a system that just worked in every way possible. Lots of pictures taken by chris throughout the day. Thanks for his hospitality today thoroughly enjoyed it.
Ray,
Glad you had a nice time.
Was it a limited time factor thing why you didn't have your Radikal fitted ?

ray davis

Post by ray davis » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:01 pm

Jazz Club wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:23 pm
ray davis wrote:
Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:45 pm
Ray,
Glad you had a nice time.
Was it a limited time factor thing why you didn't have your Radikal fitted ?

Ah the radikal, if i had mentiomed i had the khan top plate woild have made things easier. Peter needed a supplementary kit to fit. But never mind lp12 is at HQ and i shall be picking it up on Wednesday.

rkay5

Post by rkay5 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:16 pm

I do use 3rd party parts the only parts that are made by are main platter Cirkus bearing and Trampolin2.
The motor is Mober DC system that I love. Sub chassis Sole VIII as good as Keel IMO, sub platter SSP12 Top plate is a custom made one from Edmund maker of Hercules.And plinth is Bird eye maple made by Limm. I feel I have put together a great LP12 for a lot less money than going the all Linn way

Last edited by rkay5 on Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Coyote Jim
Site Moderator

Post by Coyote Jim » Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:58 pm

rkay5 wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:16 pm
And plinth is Bird eye maple made by Limm.
image.jpeg
Linn Birdseye that'd be extremely cool. :smt036
Seems fishy but I can't put my finger on it. :smt005
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Cymbiosis"
Analogue Klimax LP12, Linn CD, Analogue Linn Amp, Kudos Speakers. 8) :smt023
Coyote Jim :wink:

rkay5

Post by rkay5 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:37 am

The Birds eye maple plinth made by Limm a Canadian company. My photo doesn't show the good looks of the birds eye maple.

HiFi Kabin : Disclaimer