Do You Have Any Third Party Parts On Your LP12?

Everything relating to the ol' fruit box

Moderator: The Kurators

LD100

Re: Do You Have Any Third Party Parts On Your LP12?

Post by LD100 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:58 am

Yes, just one, the Extreme Phono non felt mat, the old discontinued one.

I experimented with many mats over the years and it was tie in sound quality between plain felt and the Extreme Phono non felt mat.

Actually the felt had a slight edge in sound quality, but the non felt mat was much more convenient...doesn't collect dust or stick to the records. I have been using it exclusively for the last 15 years, after using the felt for 25 years.

Maybe I'll find something I like better in 10 more years. :D
Original 1978 Fluted Afromosia LP12, Ekos 2, Lyra Kleos SL and lots of other stuff from the 70's that still work fine.

Coyote Jim
Site Moderator

Post by Coyote Jim » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:19 pm

rkay5 wrote: ↑
Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:37 am
The Birds eye maple plinth made by Limm a Canadian company. My photo doesn't show the good looks of the birds eye maple.

Apologies my mistake I thought it was a typo I've never heard of limm the only exotic curly maple plinths I've seen have been Chris Harban ones " though not in the flesh " some of the pictures of the flat front look almost three dimensional beautiful when the light hits it right.
8) :smt023
"Cymbiosis"
LP12,Cirkus,Radikal,Urika,Keel,Linn mat,Ekos SE/1,Krystal,Majik I Dynamik,Majik CD,
Kudos X3,Quadraspire Q4 EVO Rack,Vulkan Board Naim Cups & Balls, Linn Silvers & K200 Black with Linn Knekt Bananas. 8) :smt023

Red Chris

Post by Red Chris » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:22 pm

The Simplinth Birds Eye Maple is rather lovely too :D
Cymbiosis LP12 Woodsong Wenge, Klimax Radikal/Chord Sarum T, Keel/A, Khan, Tranquility, Urika/Chord SSA, Aro, sKale, Krystal - Sondek owner since 1982 - the rest is Naim Chord and Kudos 8)

HiFi Kabin : Disclaimer