Just Noticed That

Everything relating to the ol' fruit box

Moderator: The Kurators

Jazz Club

Just Noticed That

Post by Jazz Club » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:02 pm

One of the Jaffa Image Boys has announced they are going to release a new base board for the LP12 because its fundamental. 8)

Coyote Jim
Site Moderator

Re: Just Noticed That

Post by Coyote Jim » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:20 pm

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Cymbiosis"
Analogue Klimax LP12, Linn CD, Analogue Linn Amp, Kudos Speakers. 8) :smt023
Coyote Jim :wink:

Jazz Club

Post by Jazz Club » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:18 am

Its called the Scorpion and its machined from a solid billet of aluminium just like there top plate for the bottom of the LP12.
I would put a lip on all four sides for it to slot into a plinth for a nice tight fit before any screws went in.
Other than that its a total waste of time imo. :roll:
Its not even April 1st yet

Mr Fixit
Trade Member

Post by Mr Fixit » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:13 pm

Jazz Club wrote: ↑
Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:18 am
Its called the Scorpion and its machined from a solid billet of aluminium just like there top plate for the bottom of the LP12.
I would put a lip on all four sides for it to slot into a plinth for a nice tight fit before any screws went in.
Other than that its a total waste of time imo. :roll:
Its not even April 1st yet

Yes, eagerly awaited for sure 8) it's bound to be really good.
Email: peter@cymbiosis.com
Web: http://www.cymbiosis.com

red kite

Post by red kite » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:23 pm

I'm just guessing here but:

is this an all new Tangerine Audio product?

Coyote Jim
Site Moderator

Post by Coyote Jim » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:08 pm

red kite wrote: ↑
Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:23 pm
I'm just guessing here but:

is this an all new Tangerine Audio product?

Good guess. :smt023 New Baseboard to compliment the range.
image.jpeg
Actual product may vary from illustration provided. :roll:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Cymbiosis"

red kite

Post by red kite » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:48 pm

Jim,

before you quote lemons or blow any raspberries; i love my Karmen so much i now go bananas for Tangerine Audio products, they are the apple of my eye, if i buy another i would have a pear, and set-up my Peter [see that Man'go!] so they would sit plum perfect within my Sondek which would make Strawberry Fields sound peachy enough to give me gooseberry bumps and look fabulous on my Cherry fraim, just need a date for the ripening so we can be bowled over...

Coyote Jim
Site Moderator

Post by Coyote Jim » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:09 pm

Debbie,
Hope the man from del monte says yes to Urikakaka as it comes on it's own trampolin I wonder what warranty can of worms will happen about fruit salad surgery.
Perhaps it's not fruity enough for a kake of that kalibre.
:smt045 :smt041
"Cymbiosis"

red kite

Post by red kite » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:45 pm

Jim,

the Karmen is a 21st century replacement part for the Linn top-plate that's been around since the relief of Makeking, hence improvements abound, but i've no idea what this new under-side plate [Scorpion?] is intended for yet, and i've been unable to see any info anywhere on the net, and nothing on the TA web-site.

If it's to replace the Radikal tray it will have it's job cut out to compete, i'm quite happy with wot i've got now, and not looking for things to throw more money at just for the sake of change.

However, if this new under tray product is intended for people who don't have or want a radical, or like to go without any the under trays presently on offer, it may be an interesting option for them. Although i would have though most of those LP12 owners are more hard up for spending cash and probably not want to spend on a considerable sum on a very expensive under tray no matter how well designed and performance improving...

So with me it's only at the one eyebrow raised curiosity stage, and waiting to see what it is and does first :g-scratch:

Mr Onion
Site Moderator

Post by Mr Onion » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:03 pm

Its exciting times for the Record loving public. I can't believe how much better and better the LP12 is getting (with or without 3rd party upgrades/addons)

'Peters Place' is fast becoming an Aladdin s cave of shiny stuff to lust after. I for one think the Stiletto looks :smt007 Shame I don't have enough pennies to listen to it (HiFi Rule #1 never audition anything you can't afford)
James

Fluted Afro LP12, Khan, KEEL, Cirkus, Tranquillity, Urika, Radikal (with Allium Skin Mods), EKOS SE/1, sKale, DVXX-2mkII
Consonance Ref 2.2 Linear (upgraded)
NACish 72, NAPish 250, Kudos Super 20's

HiFi Kabin : Disclaimer