in the radikal club

Everything relating to the ol' fruit box

Moderator: The Kurators

red kite

Re: in the radikal club

Post by red kite » Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:54 pm

Red Chris wrote:
Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:43 pm
Debs - Ray mentioned the possibility of trying a Powerline on his Accurate Radikal. I - very tongue in cheek :D - mentioned SSA, but meant a power cable not an interconnect 8) - and it was just a frivolous comment with a :smt002

That's a relief for Ray then...
as someone pointed out in the blue room; Sarum cables are so good they have the word divorce written all over them! :g-rolleyes:

Meanwhile, to get back on topic, i wonder who's trade-in Radikal it was that Ray is enjoying now?

At times i do wonder who is enjoying my old ARad.... :g-scratch:

Coyote Jim
Site Moderator

Post by Coyote Jim » Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:50 pm

ray davis wrote:
Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:09 pm
Coyote Jim wrote:
Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:42 pm
Thought this was a Radikal thread" :smt017
That didn't take long. :smt009

its all working together. Good advice= money well spent.

Ray,
You need to get the other half of that Radikal to boogie for you.
Synergy and all that it really comes alive. :smt007 :smt020 8) :smt023
"Cymbiosis"
Klimax LP12, Linn CD, Linn Amp, Kudos Speakers.
Coyote Jim :wink:

ray davis

Post by ray davis » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:13 pm

red kite wrote:
Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:54 pm
Red Chris wrote:
Debs - Ray mentioned the possibility of trying a Powerline on his Accurate Radikal. I - very tongue in cheek :D - mentioned SSA, but meant a power cable not an interconnect 8) - and it was just a frivolous comment with a :smt002

as someone pointed out in the blue room; Sarum cables are so good they have the word divorce written all over them! :g-rolleyes:

Meanwhile, to get back on topic, i wonder who's trade-in Radikal it was that Ray is enjoying now?

Singapore ring any bells, i think mine came from therr. Absolutely mint condition.

Wenge1
Queue Moderator

Post by Wenge1 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:57 pm

Just enjoy your Radikal / Tranq. upgrades for the time being is the best bet IMHO Ray. Already thinking about the next lot of upgrades ......... :smt017 .......... surely that can wait!

Otherwise you will be distracted and that will mean you can't be getting total enjoyment of the marvelous upgrades you have just purchased. Which by the way,will almost certainly be right up there with the biggest single set of upgrades you will ever make .......... :smt023
Harban 'Wenge' Cymbiosis Signature LP12, Klimax Radikal / Urika, Karmen, Tranquility, Rubikon, Ekos SE, Skale, Krystal. Sarum Super Array IC's. Chord Signature speaker cable

dCS Puccini CD Player

KK/1(D), Klimax Twin (D), ProAc Response D2's

dan steel
Queue Moderator

Post by dan steel » Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:08 pm

Coyote Jim wrote:
Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:42 pm
Thought this was a Radikal thread" :smt017
That didn't take long. :smt009

They can't leave it alone, the forum gone right down the pan lately. Wrong people getting banned. :smt013
None foreign parts LP12 - Naim CD - Naim Amplication - Kudos Speakers.

evil_C

Post by evil_C » Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:27 am

ray davis wrote:
Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:13 pm
red kite wrote:
Red Chris wrote:

Singapore ring any bells, i think mine came from therr. Absolutely mint condition.

I'm not surprised that it's in mint condition, Ray. When you think about it, what do you do with a power supply? Place it on the shelf, plug it in and switch it on. Buying a used power supply should be problem free, particularly as in your case when it is purchased through a reputable dealer. I think you can just sit back and enjoy it now.

Have you noticed what seems like a bigger dynamic range?

Red Chris

Post by Red Chris » Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:03 am

evil_C wrote:
Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:27 am
I think that Lingo (mine was a very early version) to Radikal was one of the most fundamental LP12 upgrades that I have made 8) I am looking forward to hearing Ray's "new" deck soon :D
Currently Cymbiosis LP12 Woodsong Wenge, Klimax Radikal/Chord Sarum T, Keel/A, Khan, Tranquility, Urika/Chord SSA, Aro, sKale, Lyra Kleos SL - Sondek owner since 1982 - the rest is Naim, Chord and Kudos 8)

ray davis

Post by ray davis » Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:26 pm

evil_C wrote:
ray davis wrote:
red kite wrote:
Red Chris wrote:

I'm not surprised that it's in mint condition, Ray. When you think about it, what do you do with a power supply? Place it on the shelf, plug it in and switch it on. Buying a used power supply should be problem free, particularly as in your case when it is purchased through a reputable dealer. I think you can just sit back and enjoy it now.

i am noticing a whole lot of where the hell did that come from. I never heard that before. Wow that bass is deep. Placing instruments where they are individually. Higher highs and lower lows. Crisp notes precisely made clearer. Sound staging and dimension are awesome. Loving the rawness of some tracks. Dsotm of mfsl is just mouth watering. The one line in time. " so much closer to death" so pronounced with such meaning.

i did speak to peter saying whether to continue with the deck or look at the pre amp.. will be a while before I do anything major. Will try a powerline which chris said he can help with. glass cups balls as well.

evil_C

Post by evil_C » Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:32 pm

It's a slippery slope, Ray. You have been warned! :smt023

red kite

Post by red kite » Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:59 pm

ray davis wrote:
Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:26 pm
evil_C wrote:
ray davis wrote:
red kite wrote:
Red Chris wrote:

i am noticing a whole lot of where the hell did that come from. I never heard that before. Wow that bass is deep. Placing instruments where they are individually. Higher highs and lower lows. Crisp notes precisely made clearer. Sound staging and dimension are awesome. Loving the rawness of some tracks. Dsotm of mfsl is just mouth watering. The one line in time. " so much closer to death" so pronounced with such meaning.

i did speak to peter saying whether to continue with the deck or look at the pre amp.. will be a while before I do anything major. Will try a powerline which chris said he can help with. glass cups balls as well.

Need to be careful, Ray
Your present system and set up maybe on a nice even keel ...balance of harmony!
and as you're obviously enjoying how it is now then rest up and enjoy your music for the time being.

However, if it were my system i'd consider upping the pre-amp at some time in the foreseeable, a 252 is an interesting option; you wouldn't need a napsc, and also the prefix maybe plugged straight into the 252 for power - so you also wouldn't need a separate power supply for the prefix.

The prefix is cool because it has a DIN lead to pre, or to put it another way; when upgrading to Urika we naim preamp folk have the balls-ache of RCA connections to pre with the compromised use of a mayware DIN/RCA adaptor unless we spend money on a decent RCA-DIN cable. :g-yep:

HiFi Kabin : Disclaimer