Everything relating to the ol' fruit box

Moderator: The Kurators

Mr Fixit
Trade Member

Re: in the radikal club

Post by Mr Fixit » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:45 pm

red kite wrote:
Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:59 pm

The prefix is cool because it has a DIN lead to pre, or to put it another way; when upgrading to Urika we naim preamp folk have the balls-ache of RCA connections to pre with the compromised use of a mayware DIN/RCA adaptor unless we spend money on a decent RCA-DIN cable. :g-yep:

The crazy thing is that the normal Linn Silver RCA phonos going to the phono inputs on a modern Naim preamp can be bettered by the use of a Mayware into a din on the same preamp! The use of a Mayware was always a very cost-effective short term upgrade here until it was discontinued :shock:

Now, I can offer an alternative to clients as basically Chord's Shawline RCA Phono > Din is a great cable and abou £250.00 ish depending on whether you can get away with 1.0m or you need a 1.2m interconnect. For anyone buying a new Urika I take back the Linn Silvers @£200.00 and replace with the Shawline. Cost to client just fifty quid! Later one can look at the Sarum or Music if you wish :)

BTW, Ray's Radikal had been living in Singapore until February. A Klimax now lives in it's place :smt023

KR

Peter
Email: peter@cymbiosis.com
Web: http://www.cymbiosis.com

ray davis

Re: in the radikal club

Post by ray davis » Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:48 pm

red kite wrote:
Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:59 pm
ray davis wrote:
Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:26 pm
evil_C wrote:
Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:27 am
ray davis wrote:
Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:13 pm
red kite wrote:
Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:54 pm
Red Chris wrote:
Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:43 pm
Debs - Ray mentioned the possibility of trying a Powerline on his Accurate Radikal. I - very tongue in cheek :D - mentioned SSA, but meant a power cable not an interconnect 8) - and it was just a frivolous comment with a :smt002

That's a relief for Ray then...
as someone pointed out in the blue room; Sarum cables are so good they have the word divorce written all over them! :g-rolleyes:

Meanwhile, to get back on topic, i wonder who's trade-in Radikal it was that Ray is enjoying now?

At times i do wonder who is enjoying my old ARad.... :g-scratch:

Singapore ring any bells, i think mine came from therr. Absolutely mint condition.

I'm not surprised that it's in mint condition, Ray. When you think about it, what do you do with a power supply? Place it on the shelf, plug it in and switch it on. Buying a used power supply should be problem free, particularly as in your case when it is purchased through a reputable dealer. I think you can just sit back and enjoy it now.

Have you noticed what seems like a bigger dynamic range?

i am noticing a whole lot of where the hell did that come from. I never heard that before. Wow that bass is deep. Placing instruments where they are individually. Higher highs and lower lows. Crisp notes precisely made clearer. Sound staging and dimension are awesome. Loving the rawness of some tracks. Dsotm of mfsl is just mouth watering. The one line in time. " so much closer to death" so pronounced with such meaning.

i did speak to peter saying whether to continue with the deck or look at the pre amp.. will be a while before I do anything major. Will try a powerline which chris said he can help with. glass cups balls as well.

Need to be careful, Ray
Your present system and set up maybe on a nice even keel ...balance of harmony!
and as you're obviously enjoying how it is now then rest up and enjoy your music for the time being.

However, if it were my system i'd consider upping the pre-amp at some time in the foreseeable, a 252 is an interesting option; you wouldn't need a napsc, and also the prefix maybe plugged straight into the 252 for power - so you also wouldn't need a separate power supply for the prefix.

The prefix is cool because it has a DIN lead to pre, or to put it another way; when upgrading to Urika we naim preamp folk have the balls-ache of RCA connections to pre with the compromised use of a mayware DIN/RCA adaptor unless we spend money on a decent RCA-DIN cable. :g-yep:

Chris did mention adcantages of 252 meaning hicap not needed. But my lowly 200 would be a nit to low. Now if i had 6k to hand for amps i would be looking at linn amps into the equation.

HiFi Kabin : Disclaimer