Linn Klimax LP12 review | What Hi-Fi?

Everything relating to the ol' fruit box

Moderator: The Kurators

User avatar
Coyote Jim
Site Moderator
Posts: 8269
Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:18 pm
Location: "In The Groove"

Linn Klimax LP12 review | What Hi-Fi?

Post by Coyote Jim » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:27 pm

image.jpeg
Linn Klimax LP12 review | What Hi-Fi?
https://www.whathifi.com/linn/klimax-lp12/review
Seems the appropriate place. :smt007
Pity it's not an SE/1 though. :smt018
Other Linn Reviews here.
http://www.whathifi.com/products/linn
8) :smt023
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Cymbiosis"
Klimax LP12, Linn CD, Linn Amp, Kudos Speakers.
Coyote Jim :wink:

varyat
Full Member
Posts: 70
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:43 pm

Re: Linn Klimax LP12 review | What Hi-Fi?

Post by varyat » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:54 pm

It's about time !

User avatar
Red Chris
Full Member
Posts: 1966
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:39 pm
Location: Europe

Re: Linn Klimax LP12 review | What Hi-Fi?

Post by Red Chris » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:57 am

Quite a balanced review - probably more favourable than I was expecting. If they hadn't been pretty damning on the pricing I would suspect that Linn had increased their advertising budget.

Shame that they didn't cover subsequent upgrades like Harban plinths, Tiger-paw / Tangerine top plates or Chord cables. The Naim Aro is no longer produced and would involve a Keel change as well, so probably right not to mention that one :wink:
Currently Cymbiosis LP12 Woodsong Wenge, Klimax Radikal/Chord Sarum T, Keel/A, Khan, Tranquility, Urika/Chord SSA, Aro, sKale, Lyra Kleos SL - Sondek owner since 1982 - the rest is Naim, Chord and Kudos 8)

User avatar
dan steel
Queue Moderator
Posts: 11256
Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:56 pm
Location: Liverpool

Re: Linn Klimax LP12 review | What Hi-Fi?

Post by dan steel » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:30 am

Red Chris wrote:
Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:57 am
Quite a balanced review - probably more favourable than I was expecting. If they hadn't been pretty damning on the pricing I would suspect that Linn had increased their advertising budget.

Shame that they didn't cover subsequent upgrades like Harban plinths, Tiger-paw / Tangerine top plates or Chord cables. The Naim Aro is no longer produced and would involve a Keel change as well, so probably right not to mention that one :wink:

Upgrades...... :smt017
None foreign parts LP12 - Naim CD - Naim Amplication - Kudos Speakers.

User avatar
evil_C
Full Member
Posts: 2269
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:14 am

Re: Linn Klimax LP12 review | What Hi-Fi?

Post by evil_C » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:03 pm

dan steel wrote:
Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:30 am
Red Chris wrote:
Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:57 am
Quite a balanced review - probably more favourable than I was expecting. If they hadn't been pretty damning on the pricing I would suspect that Linn had increased their advertising budget.

Shame that they didn't cover subsequent upgrades like Harban plinths, Tiger-paw / Tangerine top plates or Chord cables. The Naim Aro is no longer produced and would involve a Keel change as well, so probably right not to mention that one :wink:

Upgrades...... :smt017

What do you mean by this post? I assumed you had already adopted these upgrades, although maybe not the Aro owing to its scarcity.

varyat
Full Member
Posts: 70
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:43 pm

Re: Linn Klimax LP12 review | What Hi-Fi?

Post by varyat » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:40 pm

Agreed, the cherry plinth is not the highlight ...
Good to see a LP12 being reviewed though :smt023 Good to hear from you Paul :D
ATB,
Mark

User avatar
Mr Fixit
Trade Member
Posts: 843
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:52 am

Re: Linn Klimax LP12 review | What Hi-Fi?

Post by Mr Fixit » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:38 pm

varyat wrote:
Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:40 pm
Agreed, the cherry plinth is not the highlight ...
Good to see a LP12 being reviewed though :smt023 Good to hear from you Paul :D
ATB,
Mark


Hi Mark and yes!

Hope the system is still sounding fab and you are getting time to enjoy 8)

Anyway,

Here are a couple more current reviews .........: https://www.avforums.com/review/linn-ma ... view.13517
Same reviewer Ed Selley and he writes for several publications. We had a nice day when he visited me:
https://www.cymbiosis.com/wp-content/up ... l-2017.pdf

KR

Peter
Email: peter@cymbiosis.com
Web: http://www.cymbiosis.com
Skype: peteratcymbiosis

HiFi Kabin : Disclaimer