Queue Moderator

Re: simplinth

Post by Wenge1 » Thu May 18, 2017 7:51 pm

ray davis wrote:
Thu May 18, 2017 7:39 pm
Coyote Jim wrote:
Thu May 18, 2017 11:05 am
Rewind on this. :roll:
Moved goalpost alert this is what happens when system signature not used then advise requested.
I had thought the basics were taken care of but it seems not. :oops: 9
Inside out is the rule of thumb I cheated slightly as I had the kore first then hit the Radikal Urika bundle deal.
But ever since then I realised the keel was the way to go depending on what level you want to take it to.
If your still using the Cirkus steel sub and armboard then your source is in comparison seriously compromised. :shock:
Decisions decisions. :smt017

Where i stand atm kore khan prefix tranquillity cirkus nima dynavektor 20x2l skale trampolin 2 radikal. 202 200 napsc hicap Flatcapxs on 202 sbls.

Options are as chris mentioned aro or ekos

supercap on 202

Save money for more vinyl

If you are inclined towards looking at upgrading your set up then IMHO the arm is the place to start and then the cart when your Dynavector needs replacing. Which arm depends on your own personal preference. The Ekos 2 and the Aro are both fine arms but each has its own musical signature. You can also look at the Keel as a replacement for your Kore. Only your ears will tell you whether the jump in arm quality is larger than that of changing from a Kore to a Keel.

IMHO the rest of your system is more than good enough to show the benefits of upgrading your source ........... :smt023
Harban 'Wenge' Cymbiosis Signature LP12, Klimax Radikal / Urika, Karmen, Tranquility, Rubikon, Ekos SE, Skale, Krystal. Sarum Super Array IC's. Chord Signature speaker cable

dCS Puccini CD Player

KK/1(D), Klimax Twin (D), ProAc Response D2's

Red Chris

Post by Red Chris » Fri May 19, 2017 12:52 am

Another arm possibility is the Audio Origami Uni arm. It might have had a close encounter with the ugly stick, but rumour has it that its performance is rather good.

I've no idea how it fits to sub chassis / armboard but I expect Mr Fixit can enlighten.
Currently Cymbiosis LP12 Woodsong Wenge, Klimax Radikal/Chord Sarum T, Keel/A, Khan, Tranquility, Urika/Chord SSA, Aro, sKale, Lyra Kleos SL - Sondek owner since 1982 - the rest is Naim, Chord and Kudos 8)

Mr Fixit
Trade Member

Post by Mr Fixit » Fri May 19, 2017 9:15 am

Red Chris wrote:
Fri May 19, 2017 12:52 am
Another arm possibility is the Audio Origami Uni arm. It might have had a close encounter with the ugly stick, but rumour has it that its performance is rather good.

I've no idea how it fits to sub chassis / armboard but I expect Mr Fixit can enlighten.

Ok. Basically the Uni Arm is available in Linn or Rega fitting.

However at present it cannot fit a Linn Keel as the collar section obstructs the lift/lower device just like it can do on most cartridge installations on an Akito.

I'm currently working with J7 on this so as to overcome this issue.
Kore and standard arm board fitting - No problems although I would go for the Linn fitting unless one has a Rega fitting Kore already as with the Rega fit one can run into clearance problems if a corner-brace is present on the plinth.

KR

Peter
Email: peter@cymbiosis.com
Web: http://www.cymbiosis.com

ray davis

Post by ray davis » Fri May 19, 2017 6:20 pm

Had a look at the uni am think the price is out of date it said 1350 on the review. I do have a rega kore.

Red Chris

Post by Red Chris » Sat May 20, 2017 7:47 am

Mr Fixit wrote:
Fri May 19, 2017 9:15 am
Red Chris wrote:
Fri May 19, 2017 12:52 am
Another arm possibility is the Audio Origami Uni arm. I've no idea how it fits to sub chassis / armboard but I expect Mr Fixit can enlighten.
Ok. Basically the Uni Arm is available in Linn or Rega fitting.

However at present it cannot fit a Linn Keel as the collar section obstructs the lift/lower device just like it can do on most cartridge installations on an Akito.

I'm currently working with J7 on this so as to overcome this issue.

Kore and standard arm board fitting - No problems although I would go for the Linn fitting unless one has a Rega fitting Kore already as with the Rega fit one can run into clearance problems if a corner-brace is present on the plinth.
So well worth a listen but if a keel is a realistic possibility at a later date perhaps wait and see whether J7 can modify accordingly?
Currently Cymbiosis LP12 Woodsong Wenge, Klimax Radikal/Chord Sarum T, Keel/A, Khan, Tranquility, Urika/Chord SSA, Aro, sKale, Lyra Kleos SL - Sondek owner since 1982 - the rest is Naim, Chord and Kudos 8)

ray davis

Post by ray davis » Sat May 20, 2017 1:17 pm

I hsve to get my dck upto oeter in acoupke of weeks will have a word then.

Red Chris

Post by Red Chris » Sat May 20, 2017 3:31 pm

ray davis wrote:
Sat May 20, 2017 1:17 pm
So you have to get your deck up to Peter in a couple of weeks, and will have a word then :smt030 :smt023

ray davis

Post by ray davis » Sat May 20, 2017 5:57 pm

Red Chris wrote:
Sat May 20, 2017 3:31 pm
ray davis wrote:
So you have to get your deck up to Peter in a couple of weeks, and will have a word then :smt030 :smt023

Well translated

Mr Fixit
Trade Member

Post by Mr Fixit » Tue May 23, 2017 2:32 pm

ray davis wrote:
Sat May 20, 2017 5:57 pm
Red Chris wrote:
ray davis wrote:

Well translated

LOL! The one you want BTW is GBP1750.00
Email: peter@cymbiosis.com
Web: http://www.cymbiosis.com

ray davis

Post by ray davis » Thu May 25, 2017 7:50 pm

Mr Fixit wrote:
Tue May 23, 2017 2:32 pm
ray davis wrote:
Sat May 20, 2017 5:57 pm
Red Chris wrote:
ray davis wrote:

Well translated

LOL! The one you want BTW is GBP1750.00

well all sorted dropping the wooden music box off next week. Urika and new arm,make most ofthe radikal. .some may not approve of the way I am going. But decided to get the deck fully sorted to avoid travelling it about a lot. I may consider new cartridge at same time .

HiFi Kabin : Disclaimer